ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Star Wars Battlefront

Loving the beta.

The ATAT mode is confusing and hectic at first but when you learn the map it's awesome.

Not managed to play as vader or skywalker yet.

Full game should hopefully be great

Ben

ClioSport Club Member
I tried to go on ATAT mode earlier and it warned me to level up first, I wish I had taken notice. I got crushed by Vader straight away!

Goliath I
Bit unsure about this at the moment.

Looks absolutely stunning, but nothing stands out gameplay wise.

Is there expected to be a Campaign or will it just be offline type missions fighting waves of enemies?

Ay Ay Ron

ClioSport Club Member
Just managed to get half an hour or so on it.
Not massively impressed with it, not as good as I was expecting anyway.

I'll more than likely get it but I'm gutted there's no campaign. In fact, I'd much rather a massive star wars campaign than any Multiplayer. I'd love something to cover the 3 original films.

Darren S

ClioSport Club Member
Just managed to get half an hour or so on it.
Not massively impressed with it, not as good as I was expecting anyway.

I'll more than likely get it but I'm gutted there's no campaign. In fact, I'd much rather a massive star wars campaign than any Multiplayer. I'd love something to cover the 3 original films.

Totally agree. But unfortunately, online multiplayer is where they see the money. People who buy the game for £40 - play through it once it twice, then bin it off for good - aren't a good cash-cow in comparison to the trickle-feed of readies from online players.

Personally, I really like a couple of rounds against bots when I have half an hour or so, spare. Again, such ideas seem to be out of favour. Shame really.

MicKPM

ClioSport Trader
  Clio16v/Zoe Z.E.50
This is why I rarely buy games anymore. I miss the old days where you purchased a game to just play it.

I'm not anti-online/multiplayer but every time I turn the PS4 on it seems to need another 2Gb update and then the game you want to play also has a patch (another 1.1Gb)... My eyes roll back in to the sockets and it gets powered off.

This is why I rarely buy games anymore. I miss the old days where you purchased a game to just play it.

I'm not anti-online/multiplayer but every time I turn the PS4 on it seems to need another 2Gb update and then the game you want to play also has a patch (another 1.1Gb)... My eyes roll back in to the sockets and it gets powered off.

I'm exactly the same. Total casual gamer who just wants to turn it on and have a bash at it. Not interested in playing online. Does my head in that I have to download huge updates each time I turn it on.

MicKPM

ClioSport Trader
  Clio16v/Zoe Z.E.50
Maybe it's because i'm old and I don't leave my console on all the time in standby mode, allowing it to aut-update/gobble up data and power when i'm asleep...

... so, to summarise:
  • Old b*****d (Ginger to)
  • Grumpy (See also "Ginger")
  • Tight fisted with his money (Won't pay for unlimited Fibre)
  • Angry N00B at FPS because can't quick scope OR camp correctly

Clio
No Campaign?
I don't play online so pointless for me.

I blame the youth of today. If you had real friends and not just internet friends then we wouldn't have this rubbish. Whats wrong with getting loads of munchies and camping out in a mates living room taking it in turns to complete level 46 of Double Dragon

Evo 8 MR
This is just another online shooter by EA developed by DICE. I don't get any enjoyment out of these games anymore. I just see it as a chore going through the motions leveling up to 100 for it to only last until the following year when the next shooter is out and you do it all again. It's a shame really because the graphics are great and the effects too but the gameplay is just not there for me.

Goliath I
This is just another online shooter by EA developed by DICE. I don't get any enjoyment out of these games anymore. I just see it as a chore going through the motions leveling up to 100 for it to only last until the following year when the next shooter is out and you do it all again. It's a shame really because the graphics are great and the effects too but the gameplay is just not there for me.

My thoughts exactly. Played the game and thought it looked great, but was just another online shooter. Put me off buying it more than anything.

What did people put for the survey?

Thrust-Rated

President of the KMAG fan club.
ClioSport Club Member
  F31 35d, Berlingo Na
Tried to search but couldn't find anything
So am posting here
Is there a thread for the new Star Wars film?

CrippsCorner

ClioSport Club Member
  Astra VXR
Agree with the above, not interested in online gaming.

I used to be actually... loved C&C: Red Alert and Quake 3 on the PC back in the days. Now however I want to sit down for 45-60 minutes and enjoy a good story.

I used to play a few games on the PS3 online, such as Call of Duty, Tiger Woods and DiRT but now you have to pay to play on the PS4, I haven't bothered since.

Clio
Does paying £40 a year really put people off online gaming?
Its not the money its the fact I don't want to. Taking Tiger Woods as an example (probably a bad one, but it was the game I was looking forward to most) I know playing single player that I can adjust the difficulty and play at a level I find challenging whilst progressing through career mode.

I was also looking forward to a good story on Star Wars, on line doesn't give you that.

imprezaworks

ClioSport Club Member
  Mk5 Golf GTI :)
I appreciate the principle of not wanting to pay. But at leas than a £1 a week it's no big deal imo. Annoying yes.

Darren S

ClioSport Club Member
Looks like I didn't actually click the final 'pay now' button on the cdkeys purchase. I checked a few days later and it was sat in my basket.

Based on the initial reviews, its sounding like I inadvertently made the right choice? I find the lack of content to be a bit worrying from the get-go - especially when the previous Star Wars FPS of a decade ago, had a hell of lot more to begin with....

http://starwars.wikia.com/wiki/Star_Wars:_Battlefront_II

I understand EA/DICE's view to make DLCs and extract more cash from the franchise. But I think they've trimmed the fat a bit too much for the original release on this. Hopefully I'm wrong however - and that the game is really enjoyable.

Thrust-Rated

President of the KMAG fan club.
ClioSport Club Member
  F31 35d, Berlingo Na
I was hoping to pick this up tomorrow, not sure if I'll bother now if reviews aren't the best.

Clio 182 - RB
Ordered this from Tesco, gets delivered tomorrow [emoji4] Just completed Assassins Creed Syndicate which is a piece of piss so time for a new game.

Goliath I
The Beta put me off as this was a definite purchase beforehand. Wasn't bad, just didn't seem much different from other multiplayer shooters that do it better.

The lack of Storymode is a big let down also.

Ay Ay Ron

ClioSport Club Member
The Beta put me off as this was a definite purchase beforehand. Wasn't bad, just didn't seem much different from other multiplayer shooters that do it better.

The lack of Storymode is a big let down also.
Exactly the reason I think I'll leave it. Someone might get it me for xmas but I won't be buying it myself.
If I want an online shooter, I'll stick BF4 on.

I was really looking forward to this game, but the Beta was a big disappointment imo.

The motion blur when turning the camera made me feel physically sick and I had to turn it off.

A shame really because after being a massive player of the earlier ones on the original Xbox I genuinely wanted to enjoy this one.

Citroen DS3 DSport
My PS4 copy of the game arrived yesterday and I love it. The Speeder Bike through the forest is excellent.

MicKPM

ClioSport Trader
  Clio16v/Zoe Z.E.50
I had a couple of hours on it last night to (having never played the Beta). I liked the solo play ground wars but it's short. Online is okay but very much like every other FPS out at the minute. I've just paid for the game and they're already trying to extract another £40 out of me!

Mick

AdDaMan

ClioSport Club Member
Yeah had a couple of hours last night too. I really liked it but can see my getting bored of it very quickly. Especially with fallout still here.

Ay Ay Ron

ClioSport Club Member
Picked this up today in Sainsburys using the double up nectar vouchers so it only cost me £21.
Just waiting for the update to download. Played a bit as Vader (carrying on playing without the update) but that got very boring very quick.
If I don't like it, I'll trade it in over the weekend. Shouldn't lose anything on it really.

I really want to buy this but there's a fair bit of negativity surrounding it.
I don't game much at all, So this game may suit me fine. As most people complain their bored within 10 hours of play it'll probably last me ok..... I'd do 10 hours in a month. Lol

I'm torn.
I still may buy it though as I love the whole star wars world.

MicKPM

ClioSport Trader
  Clio16v/Zoe Z.E.50
Some say it is "boring" but i'd describe it as very "simple and honest"... great because it's a FPS. One of the reasons why i liked MW/MW2 as you just turned it on and jump in and start shooting up the naughty's. Yes, playing it for >8hrs straight will no doubt get boring but if you're playing games for that long (IMHO) you need to take a look at your life and maybe make some changes (trainers may be a good start).

Some say it is "boring" but i'd describe it as very "simple and honest"... great because it's a FPS. One of the reasons why i liked MW/MW2 as you just turned it on and jump in and start shooting up the naughty's. Yes, playing it for >8hrs straight will no doubt get boring but if you're playing games for that long (IMHO) you need to take a look at your life and maybe make some changes (trainers may be a good start).
Tbf that sounds good to me! Simplicity would be refreshing.

Sick of all games now rammed full of gimmicks, perks and daft pointless s**t to waste time on.

You mentioned the 40 quid extra.... I was proper gobsmacked when I looked at the online store last night.
For the ultimate edition of the game.... 105 quid!!!!!!
I thought it must have been euros or something, no, I stared at the price I'm shock, it was in £

I really can't believe this is now how games are produces, I think it's f**king disgusting.
Over 100 and not even a physical copy.

Seems most developers seem to release half a game, then release the 2nd half as DLC and double their money. Pisses me right off.