ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Start of a ph1 track toy...

172 ph1
After nearly four years of ownership on my second ph1 and 30k that ive done in it i have finally decided enough is enough and its time to have some proper fun in it after doing the Nurburgring in 2012 in the little beast we got the bug for it and unfortunately it has taken this long but now is the time.

So me and my two brothers have decided to use it as a track car...

...as it stands the car has:

Vmaxx coilovers
k tec stealth cat back (tip welded on to exit the bumper)
pipercross panel filter
yokohama paradas all round

we plan too:

Cage
paint inside
refurb wheels
better suspension in time
two seats & harnesses
rear arb
strut braces probably both front and rear
set of slicks

then have some fun and in time hopefully just see where it goes from there.

Few pics of the progress in our first two days of setting about it...

clio4_zpsce91f0c0.jpg

clio2_zps4354ee22.jpg

clio3_zps6e68a440.jpg

clio1_zpsf6963126.jpg

more to come as things get further in but its a start...any hints or tips welcome cheers,

The Finn Bros :)

172 ph1
Cheers chi...yeah martin thats tonights job plus steering wheel! Kinda decided on silver for inside?

When you do the one on the roof and inside the rear door cards be careful otherwise you can make the external paint bubble.

I used a hose and a damp cloth to keep the external paint cool whilst I was heating the tar off.

I think a white inside would go well with the blue car.

George@RTR_Parts

ClioSport Trader
  need BRAKES? PM me
Was going to say white or black for inside imo, you going for a lairy colour for the wheels and cage etc

Removing front fog lights and arch liners and/or adding ducting to allow airflow to front brakes, diy cup racer ducts. Cheap and effective

172 ph1
quick update lads been at that awful tar tonight but all gone now :) weighs a fair bit...then took airbags out of dash and steering wheel.

then wheel off and obviously straight on the net to order a new omp one to replace and boss kit.

wiring tidy inside which looks great we think...

clio12_zps64cda682.jpg

clio11_zpseeef2862.jpg

clio7_zps4e948589.jpg

clio10_zpsc952731e.jpg

172 ph1
quick break...

clio9_zps57e4733e.jpg

then back to sorting the wiring to the back etc..

clio7_zps4e948589.jpg

clio3_zps07dfc36c.jpg

clio4_zps09ed74a6.jpg

Finished the night off nicely everything out then cables re-routed through the car...next step is ordering a cage and go from there :)

172 ph1
cheers lads...im not sure i love white but kinda swaying towards silver to keep the silver black and blue theme? dont want it to be too mad just like the subtle idea to start.

172 ph1
few more from the weekend...progress is as far as it can be until we get the cage then fit that and finally paint inside...

clio17_zps07d152fd.jpg

clio16_zps5c9d3fc8.jpg

This just didnt cut it so we did it old school (by hand) and came up with a bright idea of something abit stronger for the horrible remainder of that sound deadening..

clio21_zps980ad97d.jpg

clio20_zpsef164e17.jpg

clio18_zps1f2e6c1b.jpg

clio19_zpscc933254.jpg

And remember ladies and gents...never do this without gloves on, my hands are still filthy after 4 washes with swarfega!

Dave LM

ClioSport Club Member
  PH1 172
Nice progress so far. Are you going to be keeping this road legal, or dedicated track car?

172 ph1
Well if it it is road legal without airbags then yes but otherwise no...plan is to drove to a few track days then probably buy a trailer!

Graham your from Prudhoe? Who are you?

172 ph1
Quick update of today...new OMP 300mm wheel and boss kit have arrived and just gave payment to Mr Mark Fish for a cage :) today is a good day.

Anyway with quite a waiting list on the cage im guessing the project will slow down for a while until we get it in then paint the insides and buy some seats...in the meantime im about to become a father for the first time so il kinda have my hands full over the coming weeks or years lol!

Pictures to follow on any other progress we can squeeze out of the car in the meantime though.

Wish me luck, Dan

172 ph1
rear section to start martin mate but obviously it comes with the plates to bolt in the fronts!

its a rear section with cross and harness bars with plates for single front bars :)

once its all here il do a few progress pics on the start to finish of fitting and painting! hopefully be a saturday and sunday.

Nice one i can't wait, however its not going to be the next lewis hamilton rather the next sabine schmitz (little girl) :p

172 ph1
bit further along...managed to get a big sheet of a foam type material at a really good price so we set about making some door cards

clio15_zpsf3631866.jpg

clio14_zpse9ee038a.jpg

172 ph1
clio16_zps471a10ca.jpg

look abit rough here but all trimmed and sanded now look like this...

clio19_zps2b038fa6.jpg

Obviously handles etc havent been cut in it was just to get the shape and these will be done at a later date!

WE then went on and decided we couldnt wait to paint the inside so settled on a light blue and has worked out in abit of a gordini style colour theme :)

172 ph1
clio20_zps46e894bb.jpg

we then ran out of paint so decided enough was enough for one night!

attacked the car again tonight and let dale finish off then i recieved these photos before of his work (very pleased with the outcome)

172 ph1
clio22_zps8233282d.png

clio23_zpse794fd7a.png

we think it looks great and will look even better once the black cage and seats are in!

Dan

172 ph1
Dead pleased martin just looking forward to getting the cage etc but no hurry as we won't be driving it until next year...at this rate I can see engine modifications aswel :)

Dave LM

ClioSport Club Member
  PH1 172
Which foam did you use for the doorcards and can I ask where you got them from. I like the look of them! Nice job!

172 ph1
Its a strange material its like a plastic based foam hard to describe but good stuff! Got it from amari plastics on team valley in Gateshead...only cost me £15 for 7x4 foot

172 ph1
Right...we are back and im now officially a daddy to the gorgeous Heidi born 08/08 weighing 9.4lb :D so time on the car dried up a little but not completely!

As in the meantime the cage is due to be delivered tomorrow so the new OMP steering wheel has been fitted today...

And last but not least after a very drunken conversation with a friend in the bar few weeks back i was explaining how much id love to be able to fit a set of Jenvey's to the car one day when he and il quote said "Jenvey 45's? ive got a set in the garage if you want them?" to this i nearly actually got a stiffy! so went down last week and took them off his hands :)

anyway plans are to get 2 x subframes and seats, fit the cage then take it to the infamous Andy and clioturbo to make the b**ch spit flames!

It is going to be a slow process but the outcome will be worth it.

Dan

172 ph1
Cage arrived today MASSIVE thanks to Mark Fish for the ultra professional service and the fantastic safety devices cage we are over the moon..

couldnt think of any other way to get the cage upto my brother's so i went with this...

20140818_165910_zps914a8455.jpg