ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Stealthy clio is no more.. Head on crash :(

Listerine & Poledo
****ing ay!
Great that you've both made it out 'alright'.
That must have been a terrifying few seconds when those lights came around the bend

Jekyll

ClioSport Club Member
Sorry to hear about this rob.

As many have said, the main thing is you both are ok.

I watched your thread many times and saw the work and time that went into it so its never nice to hear/see :(.

clio 172 phase 2
Cant believe this mate ! Hope you and your mrs recover well!

People like that dont deserve the time of day
Was my favourite car on the site

Mr R.

ClioSport Club Member
  A special one.
All i want to say has already been said, wish you and the misses all the best. :)

Scott

I don't know you & don't often post on CS, but I have admired your BG often so just want to wish you & your GF a speedy recovery. Could have been so much worse.

S4 Avant
Having looked over the pictures again, perfect example of why you don't attach harnesses to a shitty strut brace.

Having them bolted to the rear seatbelt points was a better move, but you might not have a broken collar bone if they were mounted horizontally.

04BGFF182CLIORS
Jesus. That doesnt look pretty. Surprised at how the Clio stood up though tbh - be interested to know how much the seats+belts and cage helped.

Hopefully the insurance etc will all go through nicely!

Stealth 438'd 182
Jesus. That doesnt look pretty. Surprised at how the Clio stood up though tbh - be interested to know how much the seats+belts and cage helped.

Hopefully the insurance etc will all go through nicely!

Fire police and ambo crews reckon they saved us especially my girlfriend from some pretty nasty injuries

KTM Xbow, Jag XF
Good to hear you are both okay, I have had a knock in the past which wasn't too different in terms of impact... if you have any questions about stuff that I may be able to help with (Mine was 14 months ago) then I'm happy to do my best in order to try and help. Claims process is tedious and you will probably find yourself needing a few independent medical assessments (Many you will find held at Edgebaston BMI). Good luck with your recovery :)

Last edited:
  Clio cup172
Sorry to hear about the smash mate good news that your both ok good luck on your recovery and your Next car

BG 182
really nasty looking pictures mate. youre both very lucky but like people have said the cage has helped Speedy recovery for the both of you

:eek:! hope your both ok and make a speedy recovery! crashing a car is a horrible thing, very lucky! + you say the police filmed it? i'd grab a copy of that if i was you because then you can look back on it and remind your self how lucky you've been!

172 CUP
Having looked over the pictures again, perfect example of why you don't attach harnesses to a s**tty strut brace.

Having them bolted to the rear seatbelt points was a better move, but you might not have a broken collar bone if they were mounted horizontally.

Although the harness was most likely the cause of the broken coller bone - most people don't pull the harnesses as tight as they should when pottering in the rd car - need the reach stereo etc, whereas on track there so tight your shoulders are literally pushed back into to the seat. Normal seatbelts have pre-tensioners for a reason - to prevent any movement and reduce the small amount your thrown forward before the belt locks. Not a dig, just an observation as I've had harnesses in rd cars before, and have been guilty of not having then as tight as I should.

Either way, looking at the car, you both got off lightly, especially your mrs! hope you have a speedy recovery and are back in an RS soon.

_WILL_

ClioSport Club Member
  172 Cup
Glad you are both okay. I am amazed that your gf is so, relativity, okay as the passenger area / envelop is pretty distorted and compromised and the seat has moved. Its interesting how much better the pug stood up to the crash than the clio. Amazing what 10 years of car design has done!!

Clio Trophy
nasty mate glad both ok though.

As for car, yeah might be right off but claiming personal injury will get you around 10k, maybe even double due to the circumstances that you have incurred stress etc

and push everyone else's insurance up. Brilliant.

yeah but in this kind of situation you would claim yourself which also would push everyone else's insurance up so its true at what your saying but if that was me in that situation i'd certainly be claiming

Clio 197 f1
just reading through and im glad to hear your both well and getting on, very lucky and very wise investment on the cage and glad its a proper cage and not a silly show one.

Stealth 438'd 182
and push everyone else's insurance up. Brilliant.

lol what a retarded thing to say...!

still thanks guys for all the messages :)

beleive it or not the clio stood up better the 62 plate pug...it was hammered and the driver came out with broken shoulder and a torn stomach! lot more invasion too!

172 CUP

beleive it or not the clio stood up better the 62 plate pug...it was hammered and the driver came out with broken shoulder and a torn stomach! lot more invasion too!

Chances are he wasn't wearing a belt though. Torn stomach sounds painful! Hope he's in agony!

_WILL_

ClioSport Club Member
  172 Cup

From the photos the clio looked a lot worse, but I will take your word for it. Was concerned me was the clio seat had moved and the roof had creased, both are majorly concerning. But like I said as long as you are okay.

One plus side from this is you have taken another complete dickhead off the road, shame you weren't in a 40 tonne truck, with a bull bar!!!!

Clio 172
From the photos the clio looked a lot worse, but I will take your word for it. Was concerned me was the clio seat had moved and the roof had creased, both are majorly concerning.

I dare say if he looked in the boot the floor would have been creased as well, thats how the cars are designed to dissapate the impact. If the roof hadn't creased then there would be alot more force travelling through the car with no where to go. Cars are designed to fold and break these days and thats what makes them safe. Renault have been at the forefront of that technology since the Laguna first got the 5star NCAP rating. They invented anto submarining seats, load limiters and pre tensioners on seatbelts and Brake assist and brake distribution (the latter developed with Bosch).

Rob you and the missus had a lucky escape and I hope you get recover quickly. Testament to the Clio's build and the mods you put on that your here today. Hope to see you back on the road in another equally impressive Renaultsport.

phase 2 172
I can speak from experience when I say that people have received broken collar bones from normal inertia reel seat belts. your injury had nothing to do with the harnesses, it's because you were hit head on by a maniac thug who risked innocent lives to evade capture. He will face dangerous driving causing gbi for his antics. Get well soon, and get another Clio ;o)

_WILL_

ClioSport Club Member
  172 Cup
I dare say if he looked in the boot the floor would have been creased as well, thats how the cars are designed to dissapate the impact. If the roof hadn't creased then there would be alot more force travelling through the car with no where to go. Cars are designed to fold and break these days and thats what makes them safe. Renault have been at the forefront of that technology since the Laguna first got the 5star NCAP rating. They invented anto submarining seats, load limiters and pre tensioners on seatbelts and Brake assist and brake distribution (the latter developed with Bosch).

I disagree, the roof creasing is really not good and neither is the seat moving, as you have said the cars are designed to send the forces around the driver but usually through the sills. I am pretty sure NCAP mark down roof creases, also don't be fooled by thinking a 5 star NCAP car from 2002/4 would be anything like a 5 star car now or that a 5 star small car would be better than the 4 star 4x4 that hits you head on. NCAP is a little miss leading in my opinion.

Stealth 438'd 182
Yeh I hope the loser goes down the steps and gets butt raped in prison but we shall see depends on the brilliant uk legal system and what happens in court

Still don't know what to do about another car.. Going to have to wait until they settle my claim.. Undoubtedly it will be sod all for the car itself as the market value isn't that great on the 182's.. wont be compared to what it was worth to me!

If I get some decent compensation from all of this then hopefully I will be able to get something nice and fast.. Probably something jap.. I have a really guilty soft spot for hawkeye imprezas at the moment..

buhuzy8a.jpg

We'll see! The problem is that I could be waiting for years to see a penny of that.. Could well have to live with some little run about for a while like my mates 306 diesel..

e7a3u4ed.jpg