ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Stealthy clio is no more.. Head on crash :(

Stealth 438'd 182
And here ends my progress thread..

So..Traffic officers were chasing an idiotdrugdealerscumbagwankpot in a stolen hire car wrong way down a dual carriage way early hours of this morning..

Meanwhile I was driving back from a night out with my girlfriend singing along to some really bad songs ..The Usual.. She was playing 'dj'.. All was well..

I saw blue lights flicking off the trees round the bend and covered the brakes..

"s**t..."

I saw 4 head lights baring down on us, I tried to swerve but it was a blind bend with very little room and we both had little time to move..

as I moved left he moved right and as i pulled left again at the last second we hit on the passenger side bonnet head on with a deafening bang

the car went spinning 180 degrees and came to rest against the curb..he went through a fence after spinning a complete 360..

knobend tried to bolt and promptly got flattened by two traffic officers..

We are just so so lucky to be Alive I was doing 40.. Twatface was doing about 70..

Both me and my girlfriend got away thanks to the mods.. Harnesses (mounted to the lower rear belt points by the way), bucket seats and cage etc

ambo fire crews and police reckon it saved our lives or at least from very serious injury..

I've got a broken collarbone and currently typing this from a hospital bed.. Can't sleep.. Playing it over and over in my mind so I thought I'd write about it.. It's actually helped a lot..

My girlfriend has some nasty bruising, concussion from the airbag and a sprained ankle but she is relatively okay thank god after spending god knows how long on a spinal board in the resus area I don't think I've ever been so scared..

Heartlands hospital in Birmingham have been amazing some of the most kind and caring people I've ever met.. They've allowed us to sleep in the same ward together and push the beds together so we weren't apart..

I am going to see the car tomorrow I hope and wave goodbye so I will take pictures and upload them as soon as I can

Il update soon..

Stealth 438'd 182
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1358235149.312464.jpg ouch :(

Clart

ClioSport Club Member
jesus that sounds like like a nightmare. Glad you are both ok. Where abouts did it happen?

Turbo 182 Alfa 159
Jesus! At least you and your girlfriend are both ok.

As nice as your car might of been, it is just a car.

Could of been far worse.

Hope you both make a quick recovery.

Megane 250
Gutted for you, never commented on your thread or anything but I read all of it a couple of times.

Atleast you and the girlfriend aren't seriously hurt! Get well soon! You can replace a car!

Truly gutted for you mate, your car was stunning.

But frankly right now what's really important is that you and your girlfriend have come out the other side ok!

I wish you both a speedy recovery.

RB 182 195bhp
Sorry to hear about this mate! So frustrating that its completely not your fault and that some tw*t can take everything away from you in just a second. Hope you make a speedy recovery and get another clio ASAP :)

Jeeesus. Thank f*ck you are both ok!! That's the most important thing. This sort of thing always shakes me up properly, I don't think I could live with myself if a passenger in my car was seriously injured.

Stupid w4nkers. I hope they get what they deserve and rot in prison!

As said a car is just a bit of metal. You're both on the road to recovery which is all that matters.

Hopefully you'll get a nice compensation deal for your injuries and losses which might ease the frustration.

Ph1 172 & Clio DCi
Fair play on the harness's/ bucket combo! It defiantly helped to reduce all your injuries.

Get well soon! Lets hope the UTTER SCUM BAG gets the book thrown at him.

182 Turbo
Glad you're ok. I had pretty much the same accident as this back in February 11 in my blue 182, some kid hammering round a blind corner in the middle of the road doing about 70, I had no buckets harnesses nothing but manage to get out with just a bit of whiplash. I think it's luck more than anything.

Anyway hope everything is smooth, make sure you claim your injuries. Seen as it was a crime scene you'll have no trouble, the t**t who hit me tried blaming me , it took 13 months before it came to justice.

Monaco 172 Ph2
Best of luck in a speedy recovery pal, hope the "idiotdrugdealerscumbagw**kpot" gets whats coming to him !!

MK3 Clio DCI 86
FFS!! I really loved your car! Such a shame! :dapprove:

Just glad you and your gf are ok.

Chris205

ClioSport Club Member
  Many Things
Good to hear you're ok mate, liked your car when I was chatting to you at Fred's place.

Hope you both make a good recovery, I've got a mint black shell here if you need to reshell the car.

09Accord 2.4 3.0i Z4
Jesus, makes you think are we truely safe on the road, Hope for a speedy recovery for the both of you, Get well.

Clio 182
Good to hear both of you are ok,

I'd love to put this story infront of some suited t**t in an insurance company and ask again why buckets and harnesses with a roll cage increase insurance quotes.

Clio 182 FF
Blimey, glad you're OK! Hopefully insurance will be OK with it all.
I know I've felt safer before when out in the racecar than in my 182 on the public roads... might be tempted to do some safety mods to it now!

George@RTR_Parts

ClioSport Trader
  need BRAKES? PM me
Bloody hell mate, not what you expect to see when driving home!

Glad you're both ok and wish you a speedy recovery

Thrust-Rated

President of the KMAG fan club.
ClioSport Club Member
  F31 35d, Berlingo Na
Glad your both ok. That x-ray looks painful. Don't worry about the car.

Darren S

ClioSport Club Member
Awful to read. Something so wrong and random just being dropped on you like that. :(

Probably the best news aside from yourself and your girlfriend coming through relatively unscathed - is the fact that the Police were directly involved. They will probably have video/radio evidence which should all help to nail that prick of the other driver.

Fingers crossed pal - I wish the two of you the best to ocme through this....

D.

davo172

ClioSport Club Member
  TCR'd 172
f**king Gutted for you Rob :( Glad your both ok thats the main thing pricks like him usually end up killing someone and getting off free of injury themselves !!
Speedy recovery mate .