ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Stripped 172 Turbo

Some of a Clio 1.8 16v
Hold up, Hold up! Thats an aircon pump I see there!!

Not slinging that away to save wait and gain a couple of hp??

Stage 2 172 Turbo
Hold up, Hold up! Thats an aircon pump I see there!!

Not slinging that away to save wait and gain a couple of hp??

Lol, I'm thinking 300bhp will be enough to be fast and still have my creature comforts on the odd day of summer we get. part of the reason I chose a ff instead of a cup to start with;)

Thanks for all the kind comments guys, really makes it worth while at times!!!

Have ordered all the parts I need now from Renault so should have most of it built back up next week.

Cheers
Chris

Stage 2 172 Turbo
Engine will be done in the next couple of weeks, got a week off work at the start of August so hopefully get it back in the bay aswell.
Wish I could spend all week on it but have a 5 month old little girl so want to spend some time with her and the missus aswell.

Project as a whole has no time scale really, no rush just want it right!!

maynard

ClioSport Club Member
  ph2 172 track car
thats cool mate - best to get it done in your own time, no rushing and hopefully there wont be any problems!

Just read all of this, looks like it's coming along really well. You have a lot of nice bit & touches.

Can't wait to see it finished:cool:

- ps, pics of that corsa please (can you do us a thread on it) What's it got under the bonnet 2.0 red top ?

Stage 2 172 Turbo
Just read all of this, looks like it's coming along really well. You have a lot of nice bit & touches.

Can't wait to see it finished:cool:

- ps, pics of that corsa please (can you do us a thread on it) What's it got under the bonnet 2.0 red top ?

Here are a few pics of the Corsa, not got enough to do a full thread but I can tell you this thing is stupid fast. Haven't had it on the rollers yet as only finished it just before we started the Renault but we think this will be around 300bhp too:cool: . If the clio is as fast then I will be very happy

04-06-2008001.jpg

04-06-2008003.jpg

04-06-2008004.jpg

04-06-2008005.jpg

04-06-2008006.jpg

04-06-2008008.jpg

Has now been lowered a lot more. Buckets & cage next and wheels are going black.

Clio 172 Phase 1
Very nice build on the corsa!

If the Clio build is just as nice (and it will be probably nicer ;)) it will be extremely great :D.

Tangoed Works
immense thread mate. Good to see someone just doing it rather than thinking about it, only for most of the people on here to talk it down and say its waste of money or the gearbox wont cope etc etc.

Stage 2 172 Turbo
Very small update, mate forgot to get all the cam timing tools from work so couldn't do much. Got head bolted on plus turbo manifold,thermostat housing and new pullys fitted. Should be fully built back up next week and ready to drop back in the car:approve: . Anyway, here's a couple of pics to keep you going!

30-07-08002.jpg

30-07-08004.jpg

30-07-08005.jpg

30-07-08006.jpg

Ali

V6, Trackhawk, GTS
Now this is a Project!

Did you get the brakes from Alex? (With the trohpy) If so they were mine! lol. 3rd owner!

clio sport 172 cup
hope the cans are empty, cos you wouldnt want a warm beer would ya!
lookin good tho, keep up the good work

Christopher

ClioSport Club Member
  Z4M
It's about we had a proper project in this section!!

Awesome.

LOL @ the Fosters cans in the background... nicely done

Stage 2 172 Turbo
Now this is a Project!

Did you get the brakes from Alex? (With the trohpy) If so they were mine! lol. 3rd owner!

Yes mate, they were from Alex.Will probably change the discs and pads soon but the calipers and bells will be on their 3rd car. been around a bit then!!