ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Stu's Sunflower Ph1 172.

Stu.

ClioSport Club Member
  lots of clios.
20190905_221647.jpg20190925_222047.jpg20190925_222117.jpg20190929_205324.jpgflamer 2.jpgflamer 3.jpg20191007_200358.jpgflamer.jpg

Stu.

ClioSport Club Member
  lots of clios.
More bits starting to go on. Just over 100 quids worth of bolts later 😳...But i can sleep better knowing i've got all the oem captive nuts/bolts holding the beam and subframe on 👍😂
20191104_170909.jpg
20191104_195037.jpg
20191104_200031.jpg
20191104_225707.jpg
20191104_225717.jpg
20191104_225728.jpg

DomP182

ClioSport Club Member
  ph1 172, Arctic182
More bits starting to go on. Just over 100 quids worth of bolts later 😳...But i can sleep better knowing i've got all the oem captive nuts/bolts holding the beam and subframe on 👍😂View attachment 1439745View attachment 1439747View attachment 1439746View attachment 1439743View attachment 1439742View attachment 1439744
Totally mind boggling attention to detail! I want to take my beam off to remove some bubbling around the mounting points to the shell, why the hell did Renault use round headed captive bolts?! Hope the rust hasn't crept under the mounts too much

Paul172sport

ClioSport Club Member
  Sunflower Ph1
Hi stu have you got the part numbers for the rear beam bolts. Mines going to be coming out soon too
Cheers

Stu.

ClioSport Club Member
  lots of clios.
Totally mind boggling attention to detail! I want to take my beam off to remove some bubbling around the mounting points to the shell, why the hell did Renault use round headed captive bolts?! Hope the rust hasn't crept under the mounts too much
Yeah I can only assume it seemed a good idea at the time! 😂 underneath mine wasnt too bad, the 'pockets' behind them where the chassis legs are were a bit of a mess. Hope it lasts a while 😂

Hi stu have you got the part numbers for the rear beam bolts. Mines going to be coming out soon too
Cheers

Heres the numbers for rear studs and nuts.
20191112_150011.jpg

DomP182

ClioSport Club Member
  ph1 172, Arctic182
Cracking work there mate, going to be super fresh when this is finished.

Stu.

ClioSport Club Member
  lots of clios.
Not much of an update, Stillllllll waiting on it being painted 🤦‍♂️

But anyway, Gearbox is done minus the end cap. Had the casing vapour blaster and ceramic coated, All bolts plated and now has a quaiffe diff! Power steering lines refurbished... Just need to try get the protective heatsheild stuff for the high pressure line.
received_2341609146142242.jpeg
20200626_134507.jpg
20200626_134544.jpg
20200626_081032.jpg
20200708_220511.jpg
20200708_220506.jpg

A few pics just to add to the thread. And yes the cam on my phone is s**t. 😂

Stu.

ClioSport Club Member
  lots of clios.
Me again, Might as well try squeeze one last post in for 2020 as I've been putting this off.
So, Good news and a lot pretty bad news. I mean, Every good long drawn out project always gets shafted at the last hurdle by a totally incompetent arsehole of a painter, Right?

So I lied, There's not really any good news!
Got the car back from the painter on the 14th of October. best part of 11 months after it went to the first place...and then spent around 4/5 months at the place that finally painted it.
I haven't got a massive amount of pics as its made me sick to my stomach the nick its came back in. the entire car has been contaminated with something silicone
like by the look of the paint. The wing repairs are certainly questionable! can see pin holes from all the catty in lower quarters, door shuts etc are all 'dry' and not shiny, Door edges/bonnet edges next to no paint. The overspray on the underside of the car from primer and paint on all the powder coated bits would bring a tear to a glass eye.
And to rub salt in the wounds he's had the side skirt clips off then re drilled new holes right next to the old ones to re attach them.

I'll upload a selection of photos, Although the photos almost make it look good. I was borderline ready to send it off to the crusher but for the meantime its away into storage for the foreseeable future. All going well it might get into another painters start/mid next year to likely be bare metaled and started again.

20201021_103229.jpg
20201021_103235.jpg
20201021_103242.jpg
20201021_103304.jpg
20201021_103321.jpg
20201021_150549.jpg
20201021_150603.jpg
20201021_150610.jpg

deanoE30M3

ClioSport Club Member
That’s such a shame, they’ve truly butchered that.. I hope you are going for money back or you’ve not paid them!

at least the underneath is ok, you can still save the build doing the best take a step back try again next year. How can they think letting that go was expectable

Seeing those pics just about makes me greet Stu! What an absolutely terrible state of affairs.
Are there any painters courses starting at the local College in the New Year? You may as well enrol and paint the bloody thing yourself.

On the plus side, surely this means you have room for a certain blue Clio in the unit now ? Ha ha.

Martin_172

ClioSport Club Member
f**king hell stu sorry to see that! i need some paint done on the van and ive put it off for so long for the same issues, finding someone decent is a nightmare! The place i used to use has went down hill in the last few years

Djw John

Scotland - South
ClioSport Area Rep
f**king hell stu sorry to see that! i need some paint done on the van and ive put it off for so long for the same issues, finding someone decent is a nightmare! The place i used to use has went down hill in the last few years

Tell him what place before he puts it into them as well!

Having seen it in person it's astonishing that anyone would let it out the door to a normal person never mind someone who they know is restoring it.

Martin_172

ClioSport Club Member
Tell him what place before he puts it into them as well!

Having seen it in person it's astonishing that anyone would let it out the door to a normal person never mind someone who they know is restoring it.
5 minutes outside Falkirk is all ill say lol I still get on well with the boy just seen a few poor jobs! @aldo_87 got a full side of his M140 painted at FOZ when it was a few months old and the job was flawless! Seen some serious good work from that place Gally works too

David Stuart

ClioSport Club Member
I seen the pictures from Dave Joyce a few months back.

Absolutely gutted for you. Your right the photos don’t look that bad but the closeups are terrible.

If and when you get it back out give me a shout. My mate gets a lot of cars painted to a very high standard.

He has a very good eye for a good paint job and have 3 or 4 body shops in the Edinburgh area he would recommend.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Paul172sport

ClioSport Club Member
  Sunflower Ph1
Gutted for you mate. Don't loose faith it's such a special car.
It will be worth it in the end.

Alternatively crush it... Make mine worth more and sell me some the nice bits you've had done...

But really regroup in new year and find a new painter and all be good.

Stu.

ClioSport Club Member
  lots of clios.
Seeing those pics just about makes me greet Stu! What an absolutely terrible state of affairs.
Are there any painters courses starting at the local College in the New Year? You may as well enrol and paint the bloody thing yourself.

On the plus side, surely this means you have room for a certain blue Clio in the unit now ? Ha ha.
Aye here's me getting all raging again just looking at them :LOL: I did look into buying a booth and doing it myself. But just don't have the time. Or the funds!

5 minutes outside Falkirk is all ill say lol I still get on well with the boy just seen a few poor jobs! @aldo_87 got a full side of his M140 painted at FOZ when it was a few months old and the job was flawless! Seen some serious good work from that place Gally works too

Aye its been a constant dread since I started this project of finding someone decent to paint it! and all my fears have came even worse than id thought! Its actually FOZ that's hopefully taking it in next year.