ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Sump removal

Inferno 182 & Saxo
Just want to clarify the steps when removing the sump (the method without taking the subframe off)

Drain oil
Bump and slam panel off
Offside engine unbolted from chassis and dog bone off
Jack engine up as high as possible and place block of wood under the engine mount
Undo sump bolts and wiggle out

This sound about right for an AC equipped 182?

Inferno 182 & Saxo
Im hoping that doesnt happen but if it does I may just have one of those irwin grip sockets. If its small enough. Going to be a messy job, hopefully no longer than about 3 hours mind

Inferno 182 & Saxo
its really not the most pleasant of jobs, remember doing one on a rover k series once and there was still a lot of oil in it even after draining it and it went all over the floor and me. Horrible.

Inferno 182 & Saxo
Do you mean the dog bone mount or the chunky rubbe mount which sits in front of the box (the fourth mount as people call it)?

Inferno 182 & Saxo
99c5eef25845b53ec09809634ab43417.jpg
d3585a4b82ca8778d4ffa8e2510439db.jpg

Not a difficult job but a grubby one I have to say. Lucky buying a 1/4 drive e8 socket on Tuesday saved the day

Reactions: Gus
  monaco 172
Good effort. Beats taking the subframe down as that's a right pain in the arse if the bolts spin (which they will)

Inferno 182 & Saxo
I didn’t have a single problem with the sump bolts fortunately, thank fully this car hasn’t had monkeys working on it in the past. However I didn’t want to chance the sub frame bolts especially considering it wasn’t needed for this job.
Once the engine is jacked up high enough getting the sump off was quite easy to be honest

Louis

I Park Like a C**t
ClioSport Club Member
Good effort. Beats taking the subframe down as that's a right pain in the arse if the bolts spin (which they will)
They're not bad if they spin tbh. The hardest part is getting the clips out, and you just shove a screwdriver through the hole and use a rattle gun on the bolt.

Spanners easily fit onto the nuts from behind