ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

SUPER 1600 REPLICA based on 172, CLIO WILLIAMS Tribute, CLIO WILLIAMS IV (Australia)

Re: SUPER 1600 REPLICA based on 172, CLIO WILLIAMS Tribute, CLIO WILLIAMS IV (Austra

Hey Riccardo! Glad to see you on here.

After meeting Riccardo a few times now and talking to him, he is EXTREMELY knowledgeable and passionate about his Clio and rallying. He is planning to start up a rally here in Sydney which would be awesome. He also makes really good pizza at his shop in Sydney! Haha

I can assure you this car is the real deal and he'll be looking at the Clio V6 for ideas an inspiration about the widening of the track.

Some photos from our drive on Sunday with the car before the bodykit:

Thanks Alex very very appreciated! I'm glad I found you guys! :rasp:
I really enjoyed that sunday.. I can't believe that you took photos of my car :eek:....IT WAS EMBARRASSING, I hope I haven't damaged the quality of the event...
Event that you organized in a professional Rally sport director way! WAS AWESOME! we should do this every month!

yep having a close look at the V6 widening will definitively helps because I''m a bit stuck on the front struts/arms..

Cup In bits
Re: SUPER 1600 REPLICA based on 172, CLIO WILLIAMS Tribute, CLIO WILLIAMS IV (Austra

Looking forward to see how this going to turn out!

As for winding over the rear track are you going to be doing something like this?

I saw this on a ex clio cup car in France, converted to a clio rs maxi. thought it might interest you.

Very nice search Andrew!
That blog is a bit hold but I really love it! did you see how cool is that F2000???? wow!!
Yes is going to be the same but I have to move the hub a bit up because I will use the ones from Laguna that are a bit bigger and the axle will hit the chassis...

Any links or more pics of this blog? Interested how its been done, the above picture looks a bit suspect for a rally car.

Do not leave your car if i'm near by with a grinder in my hands... I cannot control myself!!! :)
ja9u8yja.jpg
6u4ebyny.jpg
6a8y3e3u.jpg

fantastic, love the commitment and belief. even when people are like 'you got no idea' you've stuck with it and shown what you can do, keep at it!

182cup & 172 racecar

I like the lowering and wide block idea, very good so far.

Clio 172

This car is going to look epic when finished. Good luck.

Supprised its actually coming up to the body, and making it slightly flush.
Getting more intrested in this as it goes along, and your making updates pretty quick.
Good Man,

Clio 1.2

Looking good mate!

How are you going to put fuel in though? :rasp:

Knuckles

ClioSport Admin

I'm guessing* since he's not posting, he's going to post an awesome update this afternoon/evening

​*hoping

mharvey

ClioSport Club Member

This does look brilliant. Great choice of colour too. Keep with it and good luck (although it seems you have enough know how to not need luck)

Clio 172

I'm guessing* since he's not posting, he's going to post an awesome update this afternoon/evening

​*hoping

Quite possibly not posted as its the middle of the night in Australia.

Thats no excuse.. We need entertaining at all times of the day ;)

Love the rear arch's looks phat.

Haha ok sonny but i have only stupid details because i havent sleep last 3 days and i took the weekend to chasing chicks on the beach :) sorry about that ;)
The first rear arch is been glued to the chassis... Fingers crossed...

u4u2ynud.jpg
zu6ere7u.jpg
peqy6y8e.jpg
ujugehe2.jpg

182cup & 172 racecar

Is that 3x25mm spacers on there??. That rear wheel bearing isn't going to last long, or is that a temp measure until you get your metal block spacer/lowering thing done.

Is that 3x25mm spacers on there??. That rear wheel bearing isn't going to last long, or is that a temp measure until you get your metal block spacer/lowering thing done.
yep i put them to make sure about the measures for the spacer, next week i'll pop on the cnc workshop to check if he is doing them..
and the spacers I'm using at the moment are actually 3x 30mm!!! :)
I will never put myself in a car with 3 spacers per side... :)

182cup & 172 racecar

That's alright then.

I'm now trying to imagine chasing birds on the beach, thanks for that.

Cup In bits

Did the kit come with the arch liners too?

Clio MAXI-Kit CAR

do you think you put the car lifter in right place?

Woznaldo

ClioSport Club Member
  Renault 5 GT Turbo

Love the project and willing to lend a helping hand if I'm available. I fitting my R5 GTT with with a wide track conversion once I have all the bits together.

Keep up the good work.

Woz

Love the project and willing to lend a helping hand if I'm available. I fitting my R5 GTT with with a wide track conversion once I have all the bits together.

Keep up the good work.

Woz

Hey WOZ!!!
How do you hell found a R5 in Australia????
Never seen one im my 5 years here!
Awesome! yep we are both in Syd lets meet and join ideas and helps...
drop me an email and maybe you can come to say hi at my pizza place in Crows Nest... (Ciao Ciao Pizza)
riccardo.tirini@live.com.au

​*hoping

I dont know if this can be classified as "awesome"... But at least now i can put fuel in... ;)
Is not finished...

padyre4e.jpg
http://img.tapatalk.com/d/13/04/16/amu8ujeh.jpg[/IMG
[ATTACH=full]1025117[/ATTACH]
[ATTACH=full]1025118[/ATTACH]

Attachments

• a8y7u7yn.jpg
    a8y7u7yn.jpg
    53.6 KB · Views: 108
  • pera8a6e.jpg
    pera8a6e.jpg
    67.5 KB · Views: 117

Woznaldo

ClioSport Club Member
  Renault 5 GT Turbo

Hey WOZ!!!
How do you hell found a R5 in Australia????
Never seen one im my 5 years here!
Awesome! yep we are both in Syd lets meet and join ideas and helps...
drop me an email and maybe you can come to say hi at my pizza place in Crows Nest... (Ciao Ciao Pizza)
riccardo.tirini@live.com.au

Sounds like a plan! I'm based at Holsworthy, near Liverpool so you'd be about an hour away. Still worth the journey though.:)

Martin_172

ClioSport Club Member

This has so much potential to become Epic, keep up the good work I look forward to seeing it progress!

Thrust-Rated

President of the KMAG fan club.
ClioSport Club Member
  F31 35d, Berlingo Na

Now Im trying to imagine you chasing birds on the beach, thanks for that.

Me too! Tony on the beach! ;)