ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

SUPER 1600 REPLICA based on 172, CLIO WILLIAMS Tribute, CLIO WILLIAMS IV (Australia)

Re: SUPER 1600 REPLICA based on 172, CLIO WILLIAMS Tribute, CLIO WILLIAMS IV (Austra

I never seen a Mondial blue in person but is the one I really love... I reckon that this wrapping blue is slightly brighter than mondial..

My idea was to make a fake new Clio model to fill the gap between a Clio V6 and a Clio RS Cup..
So i wanted same color of the classic V6 blue..

You mean Iliad Blue?

Ph2 172
Re: SUPER 1600 REPLICA based on 172, CLIO WILLIAMS Tribute, CLIO WILLIAMS IV (Austra

There was no 172 Cup in Oz, therefore no Mondial Blue. Could've gone with an Arctic 182 though that would've been close. Sounds like you got yours at well below market value though so wrapping is a small price to pay. Looked ridiculous on Sunday's cruise.

BoatNonce

ClioSport Club Member

Getting new headlights IIRC, can't remember but I think they're off a saloon variant of the Clio.

'14 Auris Hybrid ST

i request video of exhaust working, with the banging haha! intriguing..

How wide is that bodykit! Looking forward to the finished product mate.

Are you going to sort out the wheel base eventually?

Knuckles

ClioSport Admin

What are you going to do where the headlights and wings Join, Looks like that void could create drag.

It looks like that in the actual car doesn't it

DSCF0301copier.jpg

S4 Avant

This doesn't look like it will end well. The rear quarters will need cutting into if you're going to fill that rear arch properly, and those wheels are awful.

Deep down I hope it turns out well in the end, but I just dont think it will.

I agree lol.

Are the headlights the same size or a bit longer? Can't work it out but they're definitely a different style. (Indicator at the bottom)

Knuckles

ClioSport Admin

They look the same basic shape, the s1600 lights will just be off a euro spec car... I hope op keeps the xenons!

I think its going to be awesome, interesting to see how you make the track wider though, because that is MUCH wider than standard!

Cup In bits

FLOL at all the comments about lights, panel gaps etc etc on this. Give the boy a chance he has just placed the kit on for a rough idea.

Still needs 1/4's cutting, arches tubed, lowered, widetracked and castor sorted out to sit nice and how it should look. S1600 have bespoke independent suspension in all corners so it needs some thought to work with the current layout.

Good luck OP, will look great if you finish it off right.

haha... :) no -J- I used to do it when I was a Rally driver and Racing Car preparator back in Italy...This bonnet is my first attempt on a street car... but thanks it sounds like I'm good at it...
Guys, I think he knows what he's doing!

Knuckles

ClioSport Admin

I remember some spenk on here posting a thread slating s1600s entitled "look at this s**t v6 replica"

​it was a really well done s1600 rep made from a 172cup lol

Thrust-Rated

President of the KMAG fan club.
ClioSport Club Member
  F31 35d, Berlingo Na

I'm ashamed to say I've never heard of an s1600 Clio before, shall I get my coat?

Thrust-Rated

President of the KMAG fan club.
ClioSport Club Member
  F31 35d, Berlingo Na

I know right! Bad Ye!
I've seen images of them before like the one shown above, but never new they had a name as such.

What spec were they? Power wise etc

Don't mean to hog thread at all
Great project and look forward to seeing the progress :)

Clio 1.2

How much are you going to go with this mate? like suspension set up similar to the S1600, engine tuning etc...

BoatNonce

ClioSport Club Member
  Cup In bits

Ooh fancy drawings, so you are going to have it sit right.

Hiw you going about the front, hopefully not 100mm spacers :S

Clio 1.2

Ooh fancy drawings, so you are going to have it sit right. Hiw you going about the front, hopefully not 100mm spacers :S

Put the wheels on facing the wrong way ;)

Ooh fancy drawings, so you are going to have it sit right.

Hiw you going about the front, hopefully not 100mm spacers :S

Yep was a sketch for my mate who has to milling the piece.. Hopefully will hold the wheel for a while :)

The front is almost ready with arms and steering rod from laguna v6 but i cant find a driveshaft to fill the gap..
Monday i will go a bigger wrecker maybe i will be lucky.. Here there is not much part as in europe... :(

Cup In bits

Yep was a sketch for my mate who has to milling the piece.. Hopefully will hold the wheel for a while :)

The front is almost ready with arms and steering rod from laguna v6 but i cant find a driveshaft to fill the gap..
Monday i will go a bigger wrecker maybe i will be lucky.. Here there is not much part as in europe... :(

I was in the same situation and the biggest shaft I could find with 32 spline inner and outer cv was from a ph1 1.9d Scenic which turned out to be the same length as the shafts I have fitted to my 172 cup. I am just going for custom shafts now, too much messing.

Would be good to know if you find anything longer 650mm passenger side and 740mm driver side though.

Thanks swede very helpful!!!
Back in the 1996 the megane Cup with the Sadev sequential and standard free differential used the very long ones.. Almost 4cm each same driveshafts!!!.. I broken hundreds of them.. And they come from Safrane Baccara biturbo.. I wish renault used in some unknown recent model otherwise Impossible to find them now 20 years later.. :)

WRX

Really like this, fair play as some replicas can be really good if done well and this looks like it has potential.

172 AiRS & DCI101 RS

Is there no way to make the exhaust straight? That's the only thing letting this down

There is a way ^^:
Cut the double Exhaust-tip
1359894851_img_0047.jpg

And weld a nicer one on it.

1359895110_img_0055.jpg

So, that it will look like this on the Car:
1359895299_img_0056.jpg

You got the Varex electric muffler as well!! Great is'n it?
nice one helldriver I'll do the same as soon the bodykit will be done. Thanks

130i Road, 172 Track

Hey Riccardo! Glad to see you on here.

After meeting Riccardo a few times now and talking to him, he is EXTREMELY knowledgeable and passionate about his Clio and rallying. He is planning to start up a rally here in Sydney which would be awesome. He also makes really good pizza at his shop in Sydney! Haha

I can assure you this car is the real deal and he'll be looking at the Clio V6 for ideas an inspiration about the widening of the track.

Some photos from our drive on Sunday with the car before the bodykit:

8631543996_a02dbff385_c.jpg

IMG_3204 copy by www.autofocus.net.au, on Flickr

8630446403_2987614be1_c.jpg

IMG_3211 copy by www.autofocus.net.au, on Flickr

Clio172cup rally car

Looking forward to see how this going to turn out!

As for winding over the rear track are you going to be doing something like this?
vu8yru2y.jpg

I saw this on a ex clio cup car in France, converted to a clio rs maxi. thought it might interest you.

Very nice search Andrew!
That blog is a bit hold but I really love it! did you see how cool is that F2000???? wow!!
Yes is going to be the same but I have to move the hub a bit up because I will use the ones from Laguna that are a bit bigger and the axle will hit the chassis...