ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Supercharged Monaco - Pic Heavy

White Evo V
This weekend at TRAX I had chance to take some proper pictures of my car whilst it was nice and clean. All the work has been done at RS Tuning in Leeds and the conversion costs £3500 + vat for anyone interested.

In the coversion you get:
Rotrex C30-94 Charger
Custom alloy Radiator
Custom Intercooler (Bolts to rad)
Mocal Oil Cooler (Bolts to rad)
Brackets to suit charger
Hardpipes (once these are sorted)
Bigger injectors
Filter (ITG if all goes well)
Custom mapping

This is restricted to suit the stock bottom end. It is possible to see 350-400hp with the right build. Mine is currently running 248bhp and 200lbft on stock internals and all maped on stock ecu with fly by wire throttle, and drives superb. Mine has taken a while to do but once Paul has ironed out a few bits and bobs he will carry all parts in stock and hopes to do a drive in - drive out service in a week! With the kit being mapped on the standard ecu this means you can keep all your cars functions but you will have to lose air conditioning for the supercharger.

My cars full spec:
Rotrex C30-94 Charger
Custom alloy Rad
Custom Intercooler
Mocal Oil Cooler
Bigger injectors
Uprated Spark plugs
Uprated Kevlar Clutch
Janspeed Decat
Straight through exhaust (silencers removed)
Magnex 6x4 backbox
Battery relocated to boot
Apex springs -40mm
16" O.Z F1's
Drilled and Grooved discs
Ferodo DS2500 pads
Cup spoiler
Carbon Splitter
Carbon dash strips

I will get some power graphs up soon and some videos after the yorkshire meet this Sunday.

Any comments welcome

Here is the car when I bought it - Just 10 months ago!:

100_7962.jpg

A few snaps taken on the motorway:

DSCF1027.jpg

DSCF1029.jpg

Cliosport.net stand at TRAX:

DSCF1086.jpg

DSCF1083-1.gif

DSCF1047.jpg

100_1128.jpg

A couple of open bonnet pics:

DSCF1080.jpg

DSCF1072.gif

Interior pic:

100_1149.jpg

Under Bonnet Pics:

DSCF1074.jpg

DSCF1075.jpg

DSCF1058.gif

Charger peaking through the front bumper:

DSCF1057.gif

Bumper off pics of the custom alloy radiator, intercooler and oil cooler:

untitled.gif

1.gif

2.gif

172 Cup
Thats insane. Does this not torque steer like mad? You need to get a video up of how well it goes :rasp:

*edit. Insanely cool i mean btw :approve:

White Evo V
i got a pic of yours from trax too!

http://www.lukebroad.com/www.lukebroad.com/Photography/Pages/Trax_2009.html#35

Were you not dissappointed with the 0-60 time? Although it was pretty quick still :eek:

Yeah I was, but the marshalls wouldnt let me warm the tyres up (although other people were doing it) and it didnt help that my tyres are f**ked! I just couldnt get the power down so I reckon I lost about a second or so there! For anyone who doesnt know, I got 5.9, I think it could achieve early 5's with the right tyres.

BMW M135i
What the blue bottle for? Remote filter?

Its fudging awesome btw! Pauls done a really nice job of this "kit".

PH1 iceburg
I saw this on the stand at trax and thought how nice it looked, then i saw the graphs in the front window and thought oh s**t thats the supercharged one.

epic.

Tangoed Works
5.9 is absolutely awesome if you ask me... get some sticky rubber and you will be into the low 5's easy imo. In gear must be amazing!

6/468 17poo
Thats awesome dude! plus you did it with the right colour :) i like the way its pretty stealthy!!!

All that money spent on the engine and still on apex springs?

Rob

ClioSport Moderator
This car is amazing, love the sound of a "kit"

Get some vids up, would defo like to see it in action.

Note to self: Save... Buy Clio sport... save... Buy SC kit...

320d
Awsome car. Forget about the 0-60 time, thats not important, this thing must be awsome to drive. Would love a SC conversion on mine, the power delivery would suite the 172 perfectly.

10/10 mate!

'02 Monaco Blue 172
Awesone car, where abouts in Leeds are you? I'll have to have a look out for you when i'm about!

White Evo V
Thats awesome dude! plus you did it with the right colour :) i like the way its pretty stealthy!!!

All that money spent on the engine and still on apex springs?

Springs were bought and fitted before I even had the idea of a SC. Coilovers will be coming soon. New tyres first! Then coilies, then uprated internals, then more power! Thats the plan!

Scott S

ClioSport Club Member
  172 Flamer & ER-6F
Great car, really like everything about it. All I would say, is are the brakes up to more power?

looks quality, i might have to get this kit start of next year! what air filter is on the charger at the moment?

That looks immense Ben, especially like those motorway pics where the orange "oz racing" on your wheels has blurred and makes it look like the lips of the wheels are glowing.

clio 172 cup 03
:) Sooooo good to see decent mods done like this :cool:, instead of your go faster colour coded bullets, turinis, silvervisions:sleepy: etc etc. Are you changing your steering wheel or is easier to control all that torque with ? Wheels look good, but not so keen on the exhaust, I reckon a pro speed cut into the bumper would look good, but that's my personal opinion. I like the standard ish look in and out though.

Last edited: