ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Superchip For 172 Mk2

Rich-D

ClioSport Club Member
  E90 LCI 330d

Well, Chris (chris n nic) had his Cup Superchipped and did a before & after session on the rollers, so he knew how much power & torque hed gained...

It only gave him +3bhp apparently and nowhere near what they claim, but after a quick roadtest he did say it was deffo better.

However, he got them to remove it and ended up getting an R-Sport ECU instead, which is actually cheaper!

Ive had mine done - do a search for full details. Like it. Its a remap, so its just a "flash" rather than a hard-wired chip - makes it easy to undo. BHP gains for me were only 3bhp, too (from 164 at fly to 167), but torque has gone up from 147lb ft to 154lb ft.

These figures were achieved on a hot (91f) day in August on a rolling road. if such a high temp had a 2% reducing affect, bhp would be up from 166 to 171, and torque up from 150 to 157. If the reducing affect of the high temp was higher, then final figures would be higher, too.

Warranty? Yeah, you get 12months of cover from superchips, basically covering anything that goes wrong with the ECU itself.

Someone at R.Sport told me that Renault cannot tell on their computers wether or not its chiped. Therefore would not affect your warrenty.

unichip is a better option slightly more expensive, thats what i ve got, i saw good gains, i must get my graph on here, dastek unichip is what ya want

ICE'dberg MK2 172

The benefit of a superchip is it can be modified for your mods...like the Unichip but much cheaper and is also a stealth mod ;)

Had mine done at Power Engineering by London Superchips and cost £350 which included 4 power runs to set it up. I have a Viper and K-tech zorst and the before chip run was 158bhp....a little down due to the Viper causing fueling probs.....after a couple of files downloaded into the ECU it managed 180bhp!! I know this is a sceptical figure but Roamers was similar at 184bhp and he had the same mods, also done at the same place... Oh and the rev limit is now at 7.5K.

Pick up was very good and felt more responsive lower down but after time you get used to it and you crave more...Roamer & TBs spring to mind LOL!!

If you have a standard car and you want it Superchipd then Cliosport get 15% discount if you go to their HQ and have it done, but you wont get a before and after power run. I think itll be about £200...check the discount section.

how much does this effect mpg. I do lots of work miles and get paid a sh*tty mile rate so yes I know before you say it I want best of both.

Cheers