ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Superspint and Janspeed Stealth cat back systems - 172 Ph2

Clio 172 Cup, Eunos
I've done a search on here to try and find out if anyone has the Supersprint Stealth system fitted to their 172 Ph2, but I can't find too much about it.

Does anyone have one fitted, either the one with the centre silencer or without? If so, what was it like to fit and are there any problems with it banging anything?

The one i'm looking at is on Kam Racing's website: http://www.kamracing.co.uk/car-tuni...back-exhaust-system-kam-racing-exclusive.html

Its a bit more pricier at £434 than the KTEC offering but it looks like a well made bit of kit from a reputable manufacturer.

Kam also do the Janspeed stealth cat back which comes in at £358 with the centre silencer:
http://www.kamracing.co.uk/car-tuni...sts-2-0-16v-rs-172-phase2-stealth-system.html

Does anyone have either fitted, either with the centre silencer or without? If so, what was it like to fit and are there any problems with it banging anything under the car?

I need to replace the Cobra twin exit system on mine which is pretty loud and drones a fair bit on the motorway at 70MPH +. It sounds nice but its too much for me :(

Would either system WITHOUT the centre silencer be daft for everyday use?

Mini R56 JCW 211bhp
I have a 172 cup with a ktec stealth super sport with centre box and also 40mm lowered. I also have a decat and mine drones in the front to the point where I'm trying to find some sound proofing I can put down in the front to reduce the noise. Apparently in the rear with a carpeted boot and normal boot carpet and parcel shelf in place it's not at all loud (my fiancée told me yesterday it's quieter in the back to the point she can hear a front seat conversation). Otherwise it could be that I refit a cat to see if that helps.

-Simon

ClioSport Club Member
  172-E92 M3-ZT V8
Hi mate, I have the Supersprint stealth with centre silencer. I had it first with just the rear silencer but it was biblically loud so bought the centre silencer. However I now have it turbocharged so may put the straight pipe back on as it quite quiet now. Exhaust is top quality, perfect fit and sounded epic when I had the KTR induction kit as well. Really smart bit of kit IMHO but pricey.