ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Swapping 1.8 16v for a williams engine ???

206 wrc, clio Dimma
Hi All,

Can anyone help with a problem. after swapping the engine seems to be no spark. there is 2 plugs under the plastic case on the passenger side near the shocker top that the engine loom plugs into. the white pluge from the engine only has 2 purple and grey wires but the car loom side as 8 ??? any ideas ? not done any checks on the wiring yet but not sure where to start ?

Cheers
Simon

182/RS2/ Turbo/Mk1
What loom and ecu have you used?

Should have just left all the valver stuff on it, and got a chip to suit the williams engine.

206 wrc, clio Dimma
Hi,

The loom was already on the williams engine so just plugged it in the original 16v loom ? Didnt think there would be any difference ?
not got the 1.8 16v engine anymore i put that in anotheerr clio and that started fine first time ?

Cheers
Simon

182/RS2/ Turbo/Mk1
Williams ECU is immobilised, if you stuck with all the valver bits it would have worked fine but just needed a chip.

182/RS2/ Turbo/Mk1
I thought the willy ecu's were all de-immobilised?

I thought it was only the ph1 same as the valver, but I could be wrong as tbh I've had very little to do with them as I ran my willy engine on the valver ecu then went straight to aftermarket.
If he kept it on the valver ecu and loom it would deffo work.

no spark can only really be wiring problem or immobiliser.

MicKPM

ClioSport Trader
  Clio16v/Zoe Z.E.50
It'll be the loom differences I bet. Damn Mk1's had that many loom specs it was just nuts! Williams 1 ECU should not be imob'd though and will work just fine on a 1.8 16v loom

182/RS2/ Turbo/Mk1
It'll be the loom differences I bet. Damn Mk1's had that many loom specs it was just nuts! Williams 1 ECU should not be imob'd though and will work just fine on a 1.8 16v loom

Yeah there are loads of silly loom differences, thats why I was saying I would just stick with it as it was from that point of view.

If I was OP I would just swap his old loom and ecu back, it will fire straight up then I expect.

206 wrc, clio Dimma
Got it running guys..... there was a earth lead at the back of the engine not bolted on the the gearbox. seems to be a bit lumpy though ?

182/RS2/ Turbo/Mk1
LOL! I did say it had to be immobiliser or a wiring fault.

Glad it was something so simple.

Might have fouled the plugs while it it was trying and not starting or something like that?