ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Tar spots on paintwork

Clio 197 cup pack
I've just treated myself to a red 197 cup packed and whilst cleaning it for the 1st time I've noticed lots of tiny tar dots. Never owned a red car before, and they really show up!! What's the best product on the market to remove these? All I know is that there is loads, but do they all work?? Thanks :)

LY R26, LY 182
I use Autoglym tar remover. Pretty effective in my opinion. Smear it all over the tar, let it work, then rub off. Follow with a clay bar, then autoglym super resin polish to get rid of every last bit. Had a red Vectra and did it every now and then to keep it clean. Believe me they show up a whole lot more on white cars!

benkay

ClioSport Club Member
  V6 Ph2 + Audi S3(8V)
Autosmart Tardis, no comparisons. Get it online, usual places.

Tardis.

If you can't buy online, AutoGlym Intensive Tar Remover, but works about 10x slower.

Then clay.

If you clay before removing all tar, your clay bar will be useless after a few sessions on the lower areas of your car.