ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Tarox brake kit - pics

Jesus christ they abused the 6 pot name! lol

Teeny pistons in teh worlds biggest ally housing........haha.

Looks pretty, but i couldnt justify what they ask for a 1.4 spesh when a 4 pot kit is available for 365 quid.

Quote: Originally posted by BenR on 31 July 2003

Jesus christ they abused the 6 pot name! lol

Teeny pistons in teh worlds biggest ally housing........haha.
If you think there bad you should see the 10 pot calipers - even smaller pistons, but lots of them!

Yea.........seen them.

Just out of curiosity, what made you buy them...........they cost a fortune!

I bought them because the standard brakes are crap and Ive used Tarox stuff before and they are really good quality.

Hopefully they will make a difference...

bloody hell - they look the tits! how much did they set you back out of interest? dont take this the wrong way, but are they for your 1.4 Dymanic ?

Corsa 1.3 CDTI

Craig very nice mate, I think I will get them for the turbo converstion when complete. They look the dogs..

Without wishing to piss on your bombfire they are not a good long term purchase.

I know as I bought a set 2nd hand for my Subaru. The biggest problem is they have no dust seals, wait till we get salt on the roads. Yes they look the nutz but compare the breaking power with AP four or AP six pots !

If you are prepared to strip/clean and rebuild the brakes every six months then its not a problem. Dont wait for the pots to sieze, regular maintenance with these.

I learnt my lesson, sold them on and 3months later the guy I sold them to for £400 (disks needed skimming) sold them again !

J.

rockport, yes they are for my 1.4 and they were about £750.

lordlucan, from the Tarox website:

They dont have dust seals because TAR-OX caliper works in a different way. Each piston has a number of o - rings that prevent dirt, dust , water, you name it, infiltration.

I would have gone for a set of AP/Brembo calipers, but nobody I tried was able to supply a kit that would fit under 15" alloys - and I dont want to change the wheels.

I agree, relative to the cost of the car, its just not worth it but i dont understand when peeps say why that on a 1.4. Braking is completely different from performance, what would be a waste of money is spending money on the engine. His car will be much quicker all round because of these beauts.

-Rob

Tom

ClioSport Club Member
  EV (s)

Nice!!

Better than spending the same cash on silly suspension or other rubbish

Quote: Originally posted by RobFenn on 31 July 2003

I agree, relative to the cost of the car, its just not worth it but i dont understand when peeps say why that on a 1.4. Braking is completely different from performance, what would be a waste of money is spending money on the engine. His car will be much quicker all round because of these beauts.

-Rob
Come on!

you cant (no offense) get anywhere near fast enough to abuse the std brakes. And if you tell me you can, ill tell you to stop hounding the brakes and learn to drive lol.

i can jsut about get the brakes to fade on the XJR down a mountain rd, and thats a HEAVY b*****d of a car.

^^ that was the pont i was trying to make (cheers ben) - it just come out wrong. Ive got no issues if someone wants to spank $$$ on uprated brakes even if there not needed.

Clart

ClioSport Club Member

No ok Ive not driven either all Im saying is that £750 is a lot of money to spend on brakes FULL STOP!

Let compare Nicks £800 brakes or whatever on a 250bhp turbo valver agreed money well spent, but the word OVERKILL springs to mind.

Tom

ClioSport Club Member
  EV (s)

So does trying to get 280bhp+ out of an R5 but people do it!!

Whats the point of putting 4 subs in your car- None but people do!!

With that attitude we would all have standard mondeos in the same colour

Quote: Originally posted by Tomclio16v on 31 July 2003

have you driven a 1.4 or a 1.2?
um, i sell the damn things..................so i think i can say yes lol.

Kango has good brakes!

Tom

ClioSport Club Member
  EV (s)

Ok just asking matey.

But if some of the owners of the cars dont agree who is right?

Quote: Originally posted by BenR on 31 July 2003

Come on!

you cant (no offense) get anywhere near fast enough to abuse the std brakes. And if you tell me you can, ill tell you to stop hounding the brakes and learn to drive lol.

i can jsut about get the brakes to fade on the XJR down a mountain rd, and thats a HEAVY b*****d of a car.
Well I could easily get serious brake fade slowing from 80 ish on the third attempt with the standard brakes, and have had brake fade with its uprated 40 groove discs and Mintex M1144 pads after an enthusiastic drive in the country.

If you ever REALLY use any car hard, or at a track day etc the brakes will
fade from timr to time.

Bit of a generalisation there Ben ..

"get anywhere near fast enough to abuse the std brakes. And if you tell me you can, ill tell you to stop hounding the brakes and learn to drive lol".

Half an hours driving hard in my car results in no brakes, at all.

You cant overkill brakes, you just stop quicker, simple!

-Rob

a whole hrs driving hard in my car wont get them to fade, 20 laps hard pounding round combe (all i can afford sadly) and i just started to get fade with a rugger bugger bloke passenger. And i dont need to be told how to drive a vehicle hard.

megane coupe took me 20 mins of mountain driving with 5 people in to get the brakes to totally fade so i couldnt stop for teh roundabout at the bottom.

If you can get them to fade that fast your not taking braking seriously enough into your driving.

Either that or maintanence of your braking system is poor.

ah, why do i even bother...................