ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Taught myself a lesson

Iceburg silver 172
Taught myself a good lesson to not try and do things cheaply today

Bought myself a 172 after selling my 197 a year back, bought the car for £900 with 84k and dephasor done with proof last year, full service history bla blah blah, seemed a bargain, then when I was driving it home thought it felt a bit floaty.

Anyway checked it out and rear damper was shot along with both front shocks. Great.

Anyway ordered a set of coilys but stupidly didn't order any solid top mounts.
Spent a while changing the back ones, all okay no problems. Then went onto the fronts took one off (with a lot of effort) to find out my top mounts are absolutely f*cked
Rang around everywhere I could to try an vuy some and no where had any. So I had to put the standard (broken) shock back in, with the knackered top mount and have decided to not drive the car until my new ones I've ordered arrive this week.

Right pain in the ar*e

Mec 350 slk manual
You get what you pay for in clios I found that's why I would only buy one of a member on here who has taken time and spent money keeping it in top condition

Iceburg silver 172
You get what you pay for in clios I found that's why I would only buy one of a member on here who has taken time and spent money keeping it in top condition

Yeah I've realised it now haha. Oh well not the end of the world just annoying

Stefan.

ClioSport Club Member
Whenever i sell a car, it might seem priced higher than others, but that is because i make sure the car is spot on

I hate when a car has something wrong. Bugs the crap out of me!!

But for 1k for the clio it will be good once you have sorted this issue

Good little cars

I keep looking at trophies

imprezaworks

ClioSport Club Member
  Mk5 Golf GTI :)
I'm the same. Nothing worse than getting a new car and needing obvious bits straight away. I keep flirting with something new but oil change, front discs and pads first

GavC

ClioSport Club Member
  Black Gold 182FF
Going by the brief description you've gave of the car, it'll be a great motor with the suspension and top mounts put right! All the best with her

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk