ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Tested out the new Clio R.S. EDC today

Titanium 182
Fair play to you fella, very rare for a male to admit he's not the best driver :clap:
Don't get me wrong, I like putting my foot down and I'm a dab hand at Forza/GT games with steering wheels and such, just not brilliant at heel-and-toe and other technical things.

Daz.

ClioSport Club Member
  Clio 200 RS EDC
I take back everything I ever said about the 200 being ugly.

Ha!

I was thinking back when I saw the first shots of these new clios just how much uproar there was about the 'f'ugly' 200's looks. No-one cares now!

Mind you give it 12 months and I think no-one will have anything major to say against the new one.

220 Trophy, EVO 8
the only thing with the new one is the lorry size front renault diamond badge....it's fookin huge

It actually really is BIG! :D But I found this explanation somewhere on the internet...

New Clio is the first production model to give full expression to the Renault design renaissance inspired by Laurens van den Acker. The promise was to take the style and emotion of the brand’s
concept cars and carry them over to production models. New Clio fulfils that pledge. The Renault
logo, now more vertical and set proudly against a black background, stands out as a symbol of this
renaissance...

So looks like the new Clio is just the first of many, with the new front design...

AB182, Audi A5 3.0
Give it 12months or someone who doesn't give a flying fook about preserving the Renault warranty and I'm sure we'll be seeing regular 250-300hp Clios.

its unlikely the internals will be strong enough to support that. Maybe 230/240, but imo as its French, it will need a engine rebuild to get anything above 250 in a non-destructive form.

MarkCup

ClioSport Club Member
its unlikely the internals will be strong enough to support that. Maybe 230/240, but imo as its French, it will need a engine rebuild to get anything above 250 in a non-destructive form.

Unlikely, the engine is a Nissan unit and the 'box is made by Getrag. I'm sure Fred said without too much effort they run a very reliable 350bhp on 24hr race cars.

The limiting factor is the torque capability of the 'box...I wouldn't want to be the one that discovers at what point that gives up!

Superleggera'd MK3
back looks ok (nothing special though) and the front is pretty minging tbh.....200 looks far far better imo. Would look tons better if it was lower.

AB182, Audi A5 3.0
Unlikely, the engine is a Nissan unit and the 'box is made by Getrag. I'm sure Fred said without too much effort they run a very reliable 350bhp on 24hr race cars.

The limiting factor is the torque capability of the 'box...I wouldn't want to be the one that discovers at what point that gives up!

you might very well be right, but i'm not going to believe that until I see it. It might be very little effort, that doesn't mean it wont cost a lot

Craig.M

ClioSport Club Member
  Valver, Octavia vRS
Think its ok ish, but wish it had a manual box tho. Don't like flappy paddle or auto boxes.
Tend to left foot brake.

AB182, Audi A5 3.0
Don't get me wrong, I like putting my foot down and I'm a dab hand at Forza/GT games with steering wheels and such, just not brilliant at heel-and-toe and other technical things.

Did you just rate your driving ability on your Forza skills?! :S

Titanium 182
Did you just rate your driving ability on your Forza skills?! :S
Not solely on that, that would be silly. I do use a full setup for GT5 with three pedals and sequential H box, but I know it's no substitute for the real thing. I've been round tracks a few times, but I'm not an expert like some people on here.

AB182, Audi A5 3.0
Not solely on that, that would be silly. I do use a full setup for GT5 with three pedals and sequential H box, but I know it's no substitute for the real thing. I've been round tracks a few times, but I'm not an expert like some people on here.

I think you would be better off discarding any time on Forza/GT5 tbh ;)

Also its more of a 'side foot/side foot' in a Mk2, I find heel and toe impossible :)

180.5 bhp 172
When I first saw the pictures when all the rumors where flying around, I thought it looked butt ugly. But now its really grown on me and I even think it trumps the 200.
I've got a test drive in a fully spec'd 200T booked for the end of June. Cant wait!

As mentioned, its very Seat Leon mixed with Corsa VXR though!

2013_renault_clio_rs_200_edc_6_1024x768.jpg

2013-Seat-Leon-Cupra-MK3-3.jpg

car_photo_211530.jpg

Attachments

• 2013_renault_clio_rs_200_edc_6_1920x1080.jpg
    2013_renault_clio_rs_200_edc_6_1920x1080.jpg
    177.9 KB · Views: 100
  Renaults
I think Renault are planning some sort of mad version of the next twingo, look at the twin run, maybe the clio RS in a Twingo (front engined). There has been loads of rumors of a return of the renault 5 within the renault network (DS3 rival). 5 gt turbo anyone. May be a reason for the clio having too many doors. Citroen only make a 5 door C3 but then make a 3 door DS3...

Mk3 1.4 Dynamique
I think Renault are planning some sort of mad version of the next twingo, look at the twin run, maybe the clio RS in a Twingo (front engined). There has been loads of rumors of a return of the renault 5 within the renault network (DS3 rival). 5 gt turbo anyone. May be a reason for the clio having too many doors. Citroen only make a 5 door C3 but then make a 3 door DS3...

I think you're right, as I discovered the other day that Vauxhall plan on producing an Adam VXR, to begin with I assumed this would be a bit of competition for the Twingo RS until I read the Adam will probably run about 180bhp...
On a more related note to this topic I'm putting my deposit down next week :) love everything about the new clio :)