ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Thank god for my breakdown cover

BG Clio 182
After having breakdown cover for 4 years since i passed my test, yesterday i finally had to use it. After spending the weekend in Cambridge for Flying Legends at Duxford, i had a sudden huge car puncture the car startred vibrating badly and it was very scary to say the least.

I was on the M11 and still over 100 miles or so from home when i was confronted by this:

7489786200_69c418a014_b.jpg

458736_348204651914774_419246030_o by Tim Spicer Photography, on Flickr

A complete and utter tyre failure the whole tryre had split, scary as hell. Rang my breakdown cover then realised i didn't know where i was thank goodnes my Sat nav told me where abouts i was so they despatched somebody to me, 45 mins they said. Well 45 minutes came and went then i had a text from the recovery company confirming everything i ramg them and they said i would have to wait another hour.

Now bear in mind im stood behind the barrier on the M11 with my car on the hard shoulder freezing cold, i wasn't happy. Then the driver told me he didn't have enough hours so he dropped me at Clacket Lane services where another truck took me the rest of the way.

I left Duxford at around 7.00 last night and arrived home this morning at 12.30 am. A journey that should have only taken two hours tops.

Then had to pay out £200 for two new tyres to replace my rear tyres from a mobile fitter. I dread to think what could have happened, as well as how much it cld have cost me if i hadn't got breakdown cover.

Last edited by a moderator:
  GT86, 335, Westfield
Me and my friend drove to Spa in Belgium. On the way I insisted that he bought breakdown cover.

He managed 4 laps before the engine went. The bill was over £2 to get the car back.

TTRS & V50
I had mine picked up from Inverness in Scotland and taken to BTM a few years back, I was impressed with that.