ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

The £900 PH1 172 Track weapon

e92 + E46 M3 + Cup
Just seen the second one is bolt in :approve:, now how the f**k is santa gonna fit that in his cart lol.. will have to look into that around febuary time, gotta focus on getting the engine upto spec for the rolling road on the 31st of jan, Matt have you got any pics of your mates bolt in cage fitted, if so could you pm me some over pls :)

James

330ci Conv
i have none of his as its a work in progress right now, seats being fitted etc.
but he didnt mention any problems so i presume it was a straight fit unlike some of the weld in cages on other cars which require the dash to be cut. i have a few pics of mine, but tbh a cage is a cage and there are plenty or pics on google of 6 point bolt ins.

phase 1 172 sport
I fitted my OMP cage last week wassn,t that bad i was dreading it,it looks great its been sprayed racing blue to match the car:cool:

vers le haut doigt milieu
Oh yeah, do u still need an exhaust. I can get you a full system for just less then £300 they fcuking owe me, I've still got your wheel nut keys!

e92 + E46 M3 + Cup
Oh yeah, do u still need an exhaust. I can get you a full system for just less then £300 they fcuking owe me, I've still got your wheel nut keys!

Nice one mate ;), will have to give you a ring when the engine work begins, currently on - Pull out anything & every thing that has any weight lol

330Ci (Fail)Sport
Sweet James, will see you at the Staines meet.

You bringing this 172 down? Bet this can hit some air lol

e92 + E46 M3 + Cup
** UP-DATE **

Well not a mega update but had abit of free time this afternoon to work on the car, had to head off for a meal at 6'ish so couldnt get my hands dirty but thought it would be rude not to install the new sparco steering wheel & boss kit i picked up from peperami this morning, Thanks again mate ;)

So now with the dash ripped out & the new wheel on

DSC00623.jpg

Had a sit & all felt spot on

DSC00622.jpg

And the current issue.... what the fook am i gonna do about the heater/fan set-up.. still deciding weather to remove it all & run electric set-up

DSC00624.jpg

Dash is also staying out - Hardcore FTW :evil:, have been thinking up some cool ideas for the dash display but we shall see what i "create" lol

Sweet James, will see you at the Staines meet.

You bringing this 172 down? Bet this can hit some air lol

As you can prob see.. Its in no fit state to drive any where now lol, will be in the Lard arse PH2 172 ( 184.5 :rasp: ) but hopefully be dropped on some apex 40mm springs, just looked so gay on standard springs once the coillys were gone lol

172 Race Car
Imo you should scouer the scrappys for a light and compact heater box that will fit. Or just cut off as much as you dont need and get a non a/c clio fan. This will loose you the recirculation box on the drivers side scuttle. where the a/c evaporator is.

Worse thing would be to bin it all and then be dissapointed with a s**t performing electric fan. You wouldn't find out how good or bad it was untill a very very wet day.

Get the rest of that brown s**t out and the seat looks a bit high

Daniel

ClioSport Moderator
  Whichever has fuel
Christ!! Those seats are really high! Can you not get some lower subframes??

DSC00622.jpg

330Ci (Fail)Sport
As you can prob see.. Its in no fit state to drive any where now lol, will be in the Lard arse PH2 172 ( 184.5 :rasp: ) but hopefully be dropped on some apex 40mm springs, just looked so gay on standard springs once the coillys were gone lol

First thing I thought when I saw the pics lol

I'm hoping to drop mine in the new year, just putting some savings aside first.

Qashcow
theyer at the highest bolt hole so wont take long to drop them down, i had mine midheight then got bored as i could see too much road, so dropped it all the way, about half inch off the car floor :) can now see some road but struggle to turn sharp left without the worry of knowing where the kerb is lol.

looking good so far though

e92 + E46 M3 + Cup
Thanks for all the comments guys :)

Regarding the seats, for some reason they look high in the pics, maybe because the dash is all out :S, belive me there low, steering wheel is on its lowest setting, when the dash was in i could just see over the top of the dash so any lower would result in blindness lol

This is how they looked with the dash in

DSC05327.jpg

Will get some better pics tomorrow night hopefully ;),

e92 + E46 M3 + Cup
** UP-DATE **

Attempted air-con removal... what an evening lol

So i recall that it is illegal to drain an aircon sytem into the atomosphere.. right? but how would you go about doing it? the idea at the moment is to remove it complete, which so far is going well but i can see in getting caught up some where :dapprove:.. so this is what we have managed today

Aircon interior rad - free

DSC00625.jpg

I was surpised by how big the thing was.. what little fuk it was to get outta the scuttle pannel, the remains of the fan housing lol

DSC00628.jpg

So as mentioned whats the best/safest way to bleed the aircon unit? & a quick question, what PSI is currently in a working Clio sport aircon set-up?

James

e92 + E46 M3 + Cup
Nice lol

How did you do it by "accident" would just like to know so that i also dont make the same mistake ;)

Barron

ClioSport Club Member
  Turbo S,Exige,R5,182
'accidently' twisted the cap off and somehow a screwdriver got stuck in the hole/nipple thing and emptied the system

prob just f*ck with the environment mate, but the way 'JMS tuning' is going about its work I think that's the last of its worries ;)

e92 + E46 M3 + Cup
basically its classed as polluting, the same as you cant pour oil down the drain

So its not dangrous to my self or paint work & the rest of the car then? just the enviorment? hopefully i dont slip with the screw driver in that case

M

mini-valver

I'd just get some tin snips on the hose by the strut top and look away!

Focus RS Mk1
air con fluid is pretty toxic stuff. wouldnt wanna breathe it in, put it that way. loving the project :)

e92 + E46 M3 + Cup
*** UP-DATE ***

Well was down the warehouse on my ownsome today & since the weather is seriously shite out it left me with good time to crack on & try & get this ready for the Rolling road which is on the 31st January

So finnished off getting the heater gear off, awkward fook!

DSC00631.jpg

Really dont wanna put all the shite back in but after my thread about the electric heaters it seems i have no choice :dapprove:

The next Job i need to complete at some point, sorting out the the mass amount of wires :dead:

DSC00633.jpg

Had a quick sand & paint of where the old tar patch was in the boot, was trying it out as at some point the whole car needs to be done

DSC00629.jpg

Came out pretty good for 20mins prep & spray ;)

And heres a quick shot of how iit stands on the outside

DSC05445.jpg

:cool:

air con fluid is pretty toxic stuff. wouldnt wanna breathe it in, put it that way. loving the project :)

Cheers mate, affraid the air con unit leaked in the end, dropped my flat head screwdriver & it hit the valve, what are the odds! :rolleyes:

e92 + E46 M3 + Cup
Wish I had a garage like that to work in :dapprove:

It does make life a touch easyer :rasp:.. although i may only have it for a few weeks/months so gotta get the project moving!

Petrol Blue 182.
well im free every sat mate, work on sunday (apart from todays lol) u mite just need to pik me up tho, cars still broken :dapprove:

e92 + E46 M3 + Cup
What are those brackets for on the rear of the wheel arch, never seen those before??!

Not got a clue gray, my Ph2 172 has them as well, maybe for securing stuff in the boot :S

well im free every sat mate, work on sunday (apart from todays lol) u mite just need to pik me up tho, cars still broken :dapprove:

Cool, will give you a ring if i need a spare pair of hands lol

e92 + E46 M3 + Cup
*** UP-DATE ***

Well i've had some left over holiday leave to take so since i'm not off snowboarding till the 20th it would be rude not to spend silly hours down the workshop, 8:30am till midnight is a tad extereme lol but loads has been done :approve:

Firstly job, painting! so it was time to sand all the inside, then wash all the s**t out, which was fun as there was all sorts of manky stuff under the rear bench & spare wheel well looked rotten too so fair bit of prep was involved, how it stood after the clean & sand

DSC05483.jpg

DSC05485.jpg

Sad sight! so masked up the windows & everything that didnt need painting & armed my self with some halfords rattle cans :evil:

The finnished piece :cool:

DSC05487.jpg

DSC05488.jpg

DSC05486.jpg

Bolted the seats & harness in, the blue against the grey looks very trick :cool:

DSC05500.jpg

DSC05502.jpg