ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

The £900 PH1 172 Track weapon

Black Gold Trophy
looks great with the cupra splitter, I'd just wack an open cone on the end of the throttle body, thats what the cup racers have!

e92 + E46 M3 + Cup
looks great with the cupra splitter, I'd just wack an open cone on the end of the throttle body, thats what the cup racers have!

Thanks mate, me likes the cupra splitter even more every time i look at it!

Was tempted to go down the cup racer open air style way but you can really feel the diffrence from heat soak & every one knows clio bays are mobile ovens lol.. so thought i would "try" some thing diffrent.. may be an epic fail lol but its worth a try ;)

e92 + E46 M3 + Cup
Come on it's so cold in UK that it would work :rasp:;)

What's the update on your air supply system ?

Yep your right mate, was 2 degree's this moring, blockbuster card to de-ice the window FTW lol

The induction kit is still working progress... things will be slow over the next 1-3 months, still gotta save up for my snow boarding holiday, which is in december :eek:... 2 weeks abroad over christamas time, bye bye PH1 project spending money lol

just think mate... instead of your gentleman's club complete with pool table, 40 inch plasma and working bar.. you could have had a sorted garage with ramp and acres of room so you can play with your clios late into the night....

;)

e92 + E46 M3 + Cup
just think mate... instead of your gentleman's club complete with pool table, 40 inch plasma and working bar.. you could have had a sorted garage with ramp and acres of room so you can play with your clios late into the night....

LOL, knows it! will point out its a 50" though not 40" :rasp:

e92 + E46 M3 + Cup
** UP-DATE **

Well finnaly some progress occured on the track **** today, she has a roof over her head thanks to tompons, nice one for sorting that out mate!

Work will now be carried out in a nice thermal insulated warehouse ;)

So today was the first time its been driven since the 17's were ditched, engine mount fixed & the coil overs fitted & the bucket seat & harness! must say it goes pretty well, f**king road noise is unreal lol, cant imagine what the straight through sytem is gonna make it like too drive!

At its new home

DSC00611.jpg

So me & ivan got it over there in one piece & began a few hours work, Ivan getting the last door card off, removed all the others but never got round to removing the passenger as they still havent sold - preventing the purchase off the carbon door cards :dapprove: Thanks again Ivan for the helping hand

DSC00619.jpg

Few shots of the inside now that its pretty bare, the drivers seat & harness was fitted to take its first drive, Thanks again pep;), seat will be getting removed for painting the mess that was left by the sound deadning removal

DSC00616.jpg

Also removed the airbags, the airbag module was out & the batterey was disconected but me & ivan still took caution when pulling it out, imagine that fucker going off in your hands lol

DSC00618.jpg

Should now get some progress going so that its ready for the rolling road on January 31st & then it needs to be complete for the ring at the end of april :evil:

Sorry for the crap pics, was done on the phone :dead:

James

corsa ecoflex
Good progress today although i was worried when taking the airbags out..lol..most of the interior now out so its ready to tackle that huge amount of sound deadening behind the dash on tuesday with a bit of luck

e92 + E46 M3 + Cup
Whens the big day that it goes on track then:)

Hopefully the end of april, The ring! have wanted to do it since i first lap on the xbox years ago :eek: should be a few of us going, tag along if your around the area!

Got so much to do, "trying for 750kg's" but think it will be more like 850kgs which would still be very quick power - weight ratio, gotta have a goal lol

Also hoping to get it over 180bhp with out opening the engine & still running the standard 172 4-1 manifold, done it with my daily driver for under £450 so cant see why it cant be done ;)

Driving it to today was ace, feels just like i wanted it too - big go kart :evil:

Ivan, stopped at halfords & picked up a full set of Torx bits ;), renault would have to use a T50 bit for the steering wheel :dapprove:

e92 + E46 M3 + Cup
Sounds like a good days work has been done. I am sure 180bhp can be gained from external engine mods.

As am i, done it on my daily driver 172, all comes down to how abused it has been through the 90,000k... January 31st will reveal all lol

330ci Conv
having a cage will make that car faster through the corners. also if you run a cage you can run slicks, which will make you alot faster than any other mod you may be considering unless its forced induction or tb's.

e92 + E46 M3 + Cup
Matt-d, still gotta drive to the tracks & be used for the odd spirited drive so cant see the cage being needed, yes its safer & would improve cornering speed but the thing handles very well... but lacks the pick up which is what the weight saving is for.. time will tell.. funds would also prevent the cage, a real racing cage would be £700 up, i'm planning to build the whole thing, includeing the cost of the car for under £3000 ;)

Good ! Some update !

Come on, we need more pictures !

Now work has started again there should be regular pic up-dates mate ;)

James

330ci Conv
you can pick up a new cage for under 500 notes, and once your at speed you dont need so much pickup as you will be exiting corners faster, so swings and roundabouts and 40kgs wont hold you up much at all. also you carry spare rims with slicks fitted and swap at the track. now you appear to have already made your mind up that a cage isnt required which is fair enough, but for a trackcar you will want one after you see the differance they make on handling. have you ever done a trackday before?

330Ci (Fail)Sport
I bet that'll feel raw with all that weight shed!

Is the ph2 pretty standard now?

Also hoping to get it over 180bhp with out opening the engine & still running the standard 172 4-1 manifold, done it with my daily driver for under £450 so cant see why it cant be done ;)

£450 for 180bhp without manifold! What mods mate?

corsa ecoflex
Stone, those better not be skid marks in my warehouse! If I find you've been doughnuting in the next room there will be trouble lol ;)

well im really in the poo tom as i left a burnout the length of the warehouse.......;)...nice place you got there aswell,i was admiring the old posters up on the walls

corsa ecoflex
of course there isnt tom....im just kidding,the tyre marks are from the water of the tyres...some guys were out jetwashing the lorries

lol its fine, might have a go in there myself ;)

When are you guys heading down there again, I'm going to be there tonight doing some bits on my little motor if your around.

corsa ecoflex
yeah i'll pop down mate...what time are you gonna be there from..i know james has college today but im sure he might pop over,i know for sure we are there tomorrow night

vers le haut doigt milieu
Gotta say James, this is the first time I read this thread. Must of been hiding in a cave, good job and lets see some more pictures mate!

e92 + E46 M3 + Cup
Vish, The print out from my PH2 still running the original cams, 172 4-1 manifold & i still had the power steering & aircon fitted

DSC05215.jpg

JMS Tuning does it best :cool:... All work was carried out in my old special Clio tuning workshop, also known to most as a drive way :rasp:

Will let you know when your next at one of the local meets mate!

Bash, need to speak to you about speed spec soon, also, still got your speakers lol

MoRpH3uS, still gotta see how far you are from the alps, the PH2 is going to get some usage when i'm in the land of the sports :evil:

Right, so will see most of you tomorrow at the workshop, more stripping!.. oh & brain storming lol

you can pick up a new cage for under 500 notes, and once your at speed you dont need so much pickup as you will be exiting corners faster, so swings and roundabouts and 40kgs wont hold you up much at all. also you carry spare rims with slicks fitted and swap at the track. now you appear to have already made your mind up that a cage isnt required which is fair enough, but for a trackcar you will want one after you see the differance they make on handling. have you ever done a trackday before?

Have done a track day, not in a clio though, where would be the best place to get a cage then for under £500.. 40kgs is alot lighter than i thought it would be

Thanks for all the comments :)

e92 + E46 M3 + Cup
Thanks for the link matt, the second one down, £385 looks pretty sweet, imagine that in blue to match the harness's :cool:... only one finnal set back.. i cant weld for s**t lol

330ci Conv
get a bolt in cage, makes life so much easyer and it can be removed, or sold on etc etc.weld in cages are there for life. my mate just got the bolt in and sprayed in matching blue, looks very nice.