ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

The 1.2 drop out.....

Astra 1.9Cdti SRi
few things got done today, to prepare for her to fire up tommorow *crossfingers"

the dogbone was a right pain in the arse to work with,

doesnt fit :dapprove:

SNC00234.jpg

SNC00275.jpg

so i started to make the hole bigger with a drill and a kept goin round and round until i saw like a little groove right round hmm interesting..

out came the hammer and screwdriver :approve:

SNC00288.jpg

^ the end result, did tidy it up with a file to make it smooth for future use..

clamed it in the vise
SNC00289.jpg

fitted:
SNC00290.jpg

and before you say i kno its not bolted to the gearbox, as i cant find the sodding bolt, and every bolt i try just falls out :S

anywayz the painfull starter motor, i have got to say thiis is the most stupid place in the world to put a starter motor right infront the manifold wtf were renault thinking,

took about 40good minutes to get it on 1 bolt i couldnt get as there was no room, so hopefully it will stay on now :)

also did oil change, gearbox oil, brake fluid, and who ever designed the way to put oil into the gearbox is stupid, i had to literally stay there for about 35min for 1litre to empty, so i had a idea for the seconds litre (didnt put whole 1ltr in only .5, as luke said between 1.5ltr and 2..

SNC00292.jpg

worked a treat :approve:

Astra 1.9Cdti SRi
now theres some wiring im not sure about, so il need some help here guys if you will :D

first off:

this plug on the gearbox cant seem to find a relevant plug to connect into it,

SNC00303.jpg

any suggestions ?

now on the Inlet mani there 2 breathers

SNC00300.jpg
on the right

and this one

SNC00311.jpg

now what connects to them, as i have nothing, the 2nd pic theres like a black tube seems to be coming from the under the brake fluid pot thats connected to this huge circle thing (brake master cylinder? :S) i have no idea..

moving on to the Alternator..

SNC00293.jpg

Above you can see that plug ye, where does it go? im guessin PAS? or A/c,. also the plug i have for the alternator doesnt match :s
as the plug is l l and the connecotr is - - ....

Cro

Meg'd r27
Back breather pipe is the brake servo vacuum, one on front you can just block up you dont need it. Alternator plug looks fitted fine to me in that pic (connector with one wire). Long black round connector in your hand is the aircon

Astra 1.9Cdti SRi
so that black connector can plug into the back breather then ye cro?

nope i just rested it there on the alternator, it doesnt fit, f**k knos what im going to do about that tbh, typical so close and one thing hold be back..

what about the one under the aircon connector? big white one...

im curious about the loom, if it has come from a clio with cruise control and esp then it might have extra plugs which i may aswell tape up out of the way,

Cro

Meg'd r27
White looks like the plug for PAS I think. You are defo gonna get extra plugs, like a good lot lol. Not sure why the alternator plug wouldnt fit... whats the alternator from? strange one!

Astra 1.9Cdti SRi
alternator is from a clio 172, came with the engine lol, i might have confused the alternator with a 1.4, but surely the 1.4 alt would be smaller than the 2L, this was the biggest i had ..

Cro

Meg'd r27
Doesn't work like that dude, think they are all similar size with different amps. Dunno I'm confused as to what the story might be then

Astra 1.9Cdti SRi
ah right,

i do kno on the other one the section were the long bolt goes had like a tunnel so you dont see most ov it, as to the one thats on now it has the part the bolt goes through then nothing until the other side,

330i. E30 Touring.
Good going for someone who's never done anything like this before..

Loving the ghetto engine install.

BMW M135i
Thats not how you fill the gearbox btw and it takes 3.5l iirc so wants a fair bit more than 1.5-2l in it if you want it to last more than 100 yards.

Box is either out of a Ph1 or a cup as the thing sticking up out the diff is the speedo sensor which you don't need. Alternator area is the power steering pressure switch which again you don't need.

What else have you got wiring wise? or you're about to start to struggle.

Astra 1.9Cdti SRi
Thats not how you fill the gearbox btw and it takes 3.5l iirc so wants a fair bit more than 1.5-2l in it if you want it to last more than 100 yards.

Box is either out of a Ph1 or a cup as the thing sticking up out the diff is the speedo sensor which you don't need. Alternator area is the power steering pressure switch which again you don't need.

What else have you got wiring wise? or you're about to start to struggle.

i havnt fill up a gearbox in my life, and when i asked at the parts place he said this is how you use them, so thats what iv done :eek:,

The gearbox is from a Cup that i bought from a member on here,

Ye iv sorted the rest of the alternator, but the alternator connection i have doesnt fit the Alternator, which really im screwed there.

The coil pack on top has a connection for a plug, i cant seem to find any plugs that connect to it, have gone through each plug and none fit the hole.

also the ABS pump theres a hefty size plug, can i leave it unplugged? as i wont be running ABS at the moment :)

Today was the day i was suppose to fire it up, but that didnt happen, as the battery was dead and the alternator plug is stopping me on doing that :(

Car is ready to come home now by tow ovcourse :) but my cousin let me down again, so its a weekend job now, crap

Astra 1.9Cdti SRi
can someone help with the alternator plug, as i dont see why it doesnt fit the alternator :S

It was on the engine when i got it, had a loom from a 1*2 from steve but the connection type on the alternator is > - - < and plug > l l <

checked other alternators i have and its the same connection,

Astra 1.9Cdti SRi
been a slow project i have to say, but i had enough of the shed were the car was as a mate was expectin me to pay the next rent, so stuff that i organised a recovery to take it home for me :) £62.45 to go 2.6 miles .

SNC00319.jpg

sorted loads today, got the plugs connected/ radiator fitted, but started raining :dapprove: so the plumbin will have to wait till tommorow now, and hope she fires up :approve:

Astra 1.9Cdti SRi
right hand one goes to heater matrix...

one on top goes to the header tank

The one for the heater matrix is which hole in the bulkhead? as theres 2 holes, im guessin its the top one ye?

i think il need to get some extra hoses then, as i though fred has used his original 1.2 hoses

Dan, wel i was hopeing to crank it over today, as i only need to put the batter in *hope its not flat* but its just pissing it down tbh,

btw, whats the chance of some Gsxr750 throttle bodies work on F4R ?

you would need an inlet manifold, management, etc etc etc

It goes to the top hole on the matrix yep, then the bottom hole runs back down to the front of the block and tpieces into the lower rad hose..

I cant really show you pics of mine as I dont have a heater matrix

Astra 1.9Cdti SRi
cheers for clearing that up for me, i knew i was sort ov correct :)

one more tho, the hoses on a 1.2 would do for a 1*2 engine ye?
main reason im askin is because i fitted the one onto the bottom block yesturday as it had extra pipes to the header tank so made sens, but coming to connect it onto the rad the pipes were bending like mad,

Astra 1.9Cdti SRi
Weve hit a brick wall with this now,

seems like were not gettin any power from the battery to the ignition, used our tester and theres power from the battery into the rubber block into the bulkhead, so were not to sure if its either the Relays or Fuse's..

From the picture can anyone see if theres a fuse/relay missing ? i do have a Yellow Relay spare, but god knos were that goes tbh

SNC00330.jpg

Astra 1.9Cdti SRi
Thats very healpfull hutchie cheers :) lol,

dont kno whats wrong tbh, as theres enough juice in the battery feeding into the rubber block, so its made me think it either relays or fuses ... hmm

using 1.2 interior loom or 172 interior loom?

Are you 100% sure they are the same if you are using different looms? Wires might be in different locations on the connector block.

When you turn the key on nothing happens inside, no dash lights or anything?

Astra 1.9Cdti SRi
using 1.2 interior loom, but fred did say it might work for some people (also got 172 inside loom in the shed) incase i have to change it

Wel the 2 rubber block in the bulkhead connect together so they must be allright, will any earth points not connect cause anyproblems..

Theres nothing atall inside, turn key try and put anything on and not a sausage,

the rubber block will always fit together, they are all the same.

weather the loom on either side (where the wires are connected on the block, pin wise) is the same is another matter, id say there are few different looms depending on age and stuff, so it could be 50/50 chance of it working.....

it sounds like it could be that exact problem as there should be quite a large feed to the interior from the battery through that block, and it could be the pins aren't matching up.

Astra 1.9Cdti SRi
wel as you say the rubber block will always connect the rubber should be right up to the bulkhead shouldnt it? wel this isnt, even tho its connected and tightnd (wont move atall)

wel as from what you say and fred has said before im takin it that i have to remove the interior loom, and replace it with the 172, so it matches, could well sort the problem out,

il report back ;)

Astra 1.9Cdti SRi
Right update...

Since the 1.2 loom didnt make anything work, i decided to change it to the 172 loom, and yet again nothing works :S

made sure everything was earthed, didnt connect everything such as fans/radio etc etc, just did the UCH/ignition/speedo and stalk controls, so i could see if there was lights coming up on the dash,

Did a test to see if there was any current coming in and there was nothing :S

Astra 1.9Cdti SRi
Little update
02%20Laugh.png

Car has power, just engine wont turn over hmm, il have to see whats up with it tonight, think it might be the starter motor or the fuses.. But basicly the rubber block in the bulkhead wasnt tight enough, but even tho we fitted it and screwed it on it wouldnt come off, so dad batterd it with a mallet and it went in more = power inside the car woop

Astra 1.9Cdti SRi
Right the immob light is flashing like mad, and the relays are clicking when ignition is turned on, but nothing else, cant hear the fuel pump prime either strange..

went to halfords to get some maxi fuses and fitted a 60amp fuse to a empty slot that was there, this time the immobilisier light went normal ? ..

but i cant get the fuel pump to prime atall ...

any suggestions ?

checked the fuel pump fuse in engine bay hasnt blown? 30amp iirc.

what loom is inside now, 172 or 1.2?....if its 172 it may not mate upto the rear loom of the 1.2 so the fuel pump wiring might be on different pins between the looms...

Astra 1.9Cdti SRi
youve just answerd it straight away lol,

the loom inside is a 172 now, and no it doesnt match the rear loom, so looks like i might have to get one of them now, didnt think it was part of the rear loom tbh,

will any 172 loom do?

M

mini-valver

IN the engine bay there is an ECU relay, fuel pump relap, igniton relay and coolant fan relay IIRC. Little black rectangular ones, if these are wrong, broke, missing then nothin will power up.

Haven't got Autodata handy ATM but im 99% sure the top left one is the ECU relay and bottom left is fuel pump.

Astra 1.9Cdti SRi
IN the engine bay there is an ECU relay, fuel pump relap, igniton relay and coolant fan relay IIRC. Little black rectangular ones, if these are wrong, broke, missing then nothin will power up.

Haven't got Autodata handy ATM but im 99% sure the top left one is the ECU relay and bottom left is fuel pump.

The top one must be working if the ignition/lights come on etc on the dash, but i will double check everything. The UCH on the 1.2 had two block with a total of 4relays, but the new 172 loom only has one block and one relay.. doesnt seem to be any connections only further away which i think is the Alarm..

il try and give cliospares a ring tommorow see if they can post one out before the weekend if they have one.. cheers for you help so far f0xy :)