ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

The 1.2 drop out.....

are you using the 172 key or the 1.2 key when this is happening?

if you've put the 172 loom and uch in and not using the correct key it will throw a paddy.....or it may just throw a paddy anyway as the key (even correct one) may have become unsynced from the UCH.....so so so many things

Astra 1.9Cdti SRi
Im using the 172 key, but the immobilisier light seems to be normal now since fitting the 60amp fuse, not sure why that happend tbh,

unsynced from the Uch is not what i wanted to hear, what needs doing if this has happend? renault jobby ?

Astra 1.9Cdti SRi
ye i drove to work in my 2nd car ;) Vauxhall Corsa 1.7diesel thats fading slowly into pink :( gay car tbh,

Astra 1.9Cdti SRi
naa, its £15 for half a tank, done 220 miles and it hasnt moved alot, so im happy :)

got my coolant hoses from steve today aswell, so il fit them tommorow :D

Astra 1.9Cdti SRi
Fuel pump still doesnt prime, even tho if fitted the rear loom which is now connected up to the front..

Checked all the fuses in the bay and their fine.. im clueless now tbh

Astra 1.9Cdti SRi
Been looking over the loom in the rear + front and every earth point is connected, turned ingition on and tester the plug that connects to the rear loom and that has power feeding into it but from that block onwards towards the rear theres no power ATALL ..no wonder the fuel pump wont prime ..

Is there a relay/fuse to cover the rear loom or not?

Was also gettin this rather loud whinning coming from the bay, located the sound and it was coming from the Throttle body. checked the area and 1 earth wasnt connected woops, but its done now,

Anysuggestions as to why the rear loom wont work ?

Cro

Meg'd r27
Whinning is fine thats normal. I'm lost as to why is wont work, unless theres a break somewhere.

Astra 1.9Cdti SRi
theres no break anywhere, iv gone through each wire looking for a earth that might not been connected,

i did find one set of wires, its on the dashboard loom and each time i touched the tester on a white line the UCH clicked, guessing thats for a car with alarm im not sure,

Astra 1.9Cdti SRi
ok iv got the rear lights etc to work in the rear now, there was a connection loose in the connection block poped it back in and stuff worked except the Fuel pump ..

Now the fuel pump is a puzzle for me, as i can only think of two things that might cause it not to prime .

1- A blown relay in the bay has fused causing the pump not to prime
or
2- the fuel pump doesnt work for the car/engine as the original pump was for a 1.2 car

hmm...

hook up a live to the pump with a spare bit of wire (and an earth obviously) and see if the pump runs, if it doesn't the pump is knackered....

Astra 1.9Cdti SRi
sorry to sound stupid but how do you do that if theres a connection block with 5-6pins onit, and not a 1 earth 1 live situation ?

look at the connector, find the ignition live and the earth, unplug connector, and put two wires on the two pins you located...

I did that when my pump failed, used it to check new pump and it worked fine

Astra 1.9Cdti SRi
ye i get what your saying now, il give that a whizz tommorow,

will it make any different if theres fuel in the tank, as im gathering that will just pump into the engine causing overfueling ..

you will still hear the pump run, regardless of weather its got fuel in or not... the pitch of the pumps noise changes if there is no fuel in the tank

Astra 1.9Cdti SRi
Fuel pump is now working, i removed all the relays last night and today fitted them back dont ask me why i did it but that seems to have made the pump prime and i can now check if it works as i have fitted a fuel filter in the bay.. reason for this is i needed a t-piece but a straight one to connect the both fuel lines so this was the only thing that fitted :)

bargain at 1.99 lol
SNC00351.jpg

I did have 172 coolant hoses but i managed to **** one up bigstyle, so i had to improvise ;)
first off i has to cut it down to size then heat the part that needed to slip onto the block

SNC00352.jpg

lucky the parents are away so i used the stove and boiled the water :) worked a treat .

soo next fire up time :D

ye right.. stupid thing wont fire, starter motor is making a crunch noise, not every time, maybe its done the crunch like 3-4 times..

Astra 1.9Cdti SRi
Update:

She's trying to fire up, but it just wont, iv removed the spark plugs gave them a clean, but i think theres no fuel pumping through,

th_SNC00353.jpg

any suggestions?

Cro

Meg'd r27
Check the injectors are spraying, I take it you tried turning over longer than just that video because the lines are dry i'd imagine the fuel needs to get through first

Astra 1.9Cdti SRi
injectors are spraying ? how do i check for that? :S

i cant hear the fuel pump prime anymore, which is why i think the relay is nakerd,

ye i could do for about 10+seconds before, now it will cut it self out after abit,

Cro

Meg'd r27
just swap all the relays then, should be handy enough to get a hold of. Taking the injectors out of the inlet or even taking the pipe off the rail will have some petrol left in it if theres fuel getting to it.

Mine had a problem where it cut itself out quickly, it was one of the engine bay fuses kept blowing, ended up as water ingress in the connectors.

Astra 1.9Cdti SRi
Still cant get it up and running, tried other relay's and still nothing, but i do hear like a small "clunk" in the fuel pump..

There has been fuel goin in before because the "cheap" fuel filter i installed has fuel in it so that helps to show, but theres no spark..

How can i check if theres a spark?

Mk 1 RT
Just read through its a great read and the project is coming along nicely :)

To check the spark, what i do, is take 1 lead out at a time and have someone else turn the car over. you will see the lead youve pulled out spark if you put it up against anything metal.. just dont touch it :)

always works for me, bit pikey but it works.

Astra 1.9Cdti SRi
small update..

Still no spark, even tho i have replaced the spark plugs and replaced the Ht leads with some Magnecor competition leads, ,

We did test by sticking a new spark plug into a Ht lead and there wasnt a spark in-sight, so im hoping its the coilpack now :)

SNC00368.jpg

Astra 1.9Cdti SRi
not a bit update, but Car still doesnt spark,

I got hold on a sport fuel line so i swapped it over got coverd in fuel as i yanked the pipe to hard lol, but its on :)

Iv completly removed the engine loom, and re-wired it again to see if i had missed anything, to my suprise i did one earth cable, so i connected that up to the earth point and finished wiring,

Tried to start the car and still nothing,

Got my big brake kit today from k-tec, took nearly a month to get but wasnt in any hurry, but theres a problem with them, the caliper carrier rubber seals dont hold the long piston sort of thing inside which is dangerous becuase thats what holds the caliper on, so iv emailed K-tec to see what they say..

Astra 1.9Cdti SRi
DOES IT WORK YET?
X

Woo, i couldnt be arsed to update the thread tbh luke :eek:

But i will write a BIG update tommorow inc pics etc etc etc.

but i can say its 98% there, working in the cold is MEGA pain in the arse, your fingers just freeze when trying to put a bolt into place,

Range Rover sport
Long time since ive seen you around in the clio mate, hope all is going well with the project ive only had a quick look at things but you seem to be doing well so far :D

Astra 1.9Cdti SRi
Allright Nath,

Aye, its been a while, should be on the road this week now if things go to plan :)

you sold the clio yet?

'02 Clio 1.2 Dynamique
Just read your thread. Awsome project fella. Full marks for a novice taking on a project such as this getting as far as you have. Max respect.

Is there any update?

Astra 1.9Cdti SRi
Hopefully this week guys, il update this tonight ;)

currently having problems selecting Reverse Gear tho, 1,2,3,4,5th all work, just the R :( more head scratching, but think it could be gear selector or something

alien green rs133
you can ajust angle on the joint at the front, loosen the 13mm and it will do twist.

i find its best to put car into 1st. loosen nut. get someone to hold gearstick across in first position. tighten up. try again :D