ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

The 1.2 drop out.....

330i. E30 Touring.
As Hutchie's just said.

Do that, and keep playing, making sure you can select all gears.

Astra 1.9Cdti SRi
you can ajust angle on the joint at the front, loosen the 13mm and it will do twist.

i find its best to put car into 1st. loosen nut. get someone to hold gearstick across in first position. tighten up. try again :D

Ahh, so basicly you kno then that its officialy in first gear ;) i get what your saying, il have to jack the car up again then, i was ready for a test drive tonight aswell but couldnt reverse out haha

Astra 1.9Cdti SRi
Well since i havnt updated this atall recently, main because i have been busy trying to sort finish the car.

After many many hours head scratchin i finally got the car up and running, the problem was due to the TDC sensor wire's beeing the
wrong way round, was a relief when it fired up. Each time i fired the car up then you could hear the rev's just keep going up
i didnt have a clue what caused this, but i was told a vaccume leak was causing it.

So i stripped the inlet mani off to check the egg shaped seal underneath was on properly, also checked each pipe, but some how
it managed to sort itself out thankfully..

Later on we finnaly heard a rather horrible noise,

(INSTER Video HERE )

It tured out that each time i pressed the clutch in the noise got worse, turned out it was a Thrust bearing in the gearbox, GREAT
now more work, a new clutch kit (£101) and about a week's work to get everything off and back in, = in no more noise sorted..

On the list then there was loads to do on the inside.

Dash needed to come back off as i had to re-route the loom as it wasnt long enough, this is why you shouldnt rush things,
one thing i hate is fitting the bottom dash back in, you just have to make sure every connection is were you need otherwise back
out it comes...

Had a delivery in the week were my group buy steering wheel arrived, and then did my Boss Kit,

Only thing that scared the s**t out of me was the horn wire + steering boss kit caused a fire, lucky there was snow about as that
put the fire off, otherwise all this would have been a waste of time if the car went up in flames..

003538ac.jpg

Finally gettin somewhere, the list has come down and down to the point were i have about a handfull of stuff to do..

- Gear Linkage
- track rod end
- exhaust rattle
- Tb sticking
- & fuel

So with the weather they way its been things went Sloooow,

But this weekend 29/30 January, i was determined to finish the car..

so off i did, gear linkage was a right ballache to do, as we got 1 2 3 4 5th gear but no Reverse, then next time we had Reverse
2 3 4 5th, gears, so it was a trial and fit erorr untill we noticed why we could get one gear, it was due to the clamp that holds
the linkage together that was hitting the dogbone..

But finally we got all :D

Track rod end was a nightmare, the bolt we had on it refused to screw further or come off, so out came the angle grinder and got
it off, then to stop the ball join spinning we made a grove on top with a hacksaw so that when the bolt goes on, we could use
a screwdriver to hold it whilst bolting it on. But i will be ordering a new track rod end when car is fully road legal..

Exhaust Rattle next was due to the exhaust hanging to low, refitted and jobs a goodun,

The Idle of the Tb was slightly strange..

INSERT VIDEO

Not 100% sure why this is happening, but you could hear the car kinda juddering when idling, and the noise it makes is slightly
annoying, so ye il be gettin it to a garage soon (NW performance) as il also need a cambelt change..

Is this normal for the Tb to open that much?

Ok Everything Was done.. It was D-day...

finished bolting the wheels one and got my mate to filmed it..

th_symud3012010.jpg

(the numpty turned the camera round hence the video sideways) lol.

Off we go, first Test run, Note: i did let the car fully warm up before going for a blast

th_Testdrive3012010.jpg

Minde the Welsh talking lol

Test drive went good, car pulled nicely, fairly quick tbh, i was shocked the amount of power,

So There is a few problems..

on the 2nd run same way again, i started to hear a rather strange noise coming from passenger side, mate said it could be warped
discs, i though driveshaft, but it was late so called it a day..

One thing that buggers me is, on the clocks the: STOP sign is up, i have ABS / Airbag / Handbrake, (handbrake not sure why, the connection is fitted)

The car doesnt drive any different with them on tbh,.

Also will need a DCI steering rack as the steering is Heavy, so il order one this week,

Astra 1.9Cdti SRi
I havent finished yet, still need to do fit sport hubs etc, but at the moment they will be staying as 1.2 stuff, so i can be once again road worthy :)

Astra 1.9Cdti SRi
Went at the car this afternoon to be greeted with a nice leak..

73523b46.jpg

flippin gearbox oil, the first thing that came to my head was drive shaft, because on the 2nd lap of the test run yesterday we heard what sounded like a driveshaft etc, but mate was sure its a warped disc.

After jacking the car up went under and noticed some nice gearbox oil underneath the Subframe, which is odd, because everywhere else was bone dry,

I have checked around the gearbox and its dry, Anyone got any suggestions to what it is ?

Astra 1.9Cdti SRi
Nope i have checked that and its bone dry, the only place were there's any oil is on the floor and underneath the subframe, which makes me think why would there be oil underneath the subframe of all places,

Put hosepipe down side of engine and blast the subframe off...take it for a drive then leave something under the car, plastic/cardboard. Then see if it leaks any more.

If it does id be checking for cracks in the box if its not the shaft

Astra 1.9Cdti SRi
ye iv kinda done that allready, places my old boot carpet underneath so should show.

If its a crack in the box, then i might have to contact the guy i had it from, because its the first time the gearbox has been used since i bought it in august..

Ph 1 172
Its the one on k-tec website http://www.k-tecracing.com/show_product.asp?id=2163

easy to fit, just disconnect the battery first .

Ta lads, should be running on the road this week, need the cambelt done tho

i thought that was the one just wanted to confirm, what do yout hink of the wheel?? is it the dished one you have? been thinking of getting one for a month just still not sure weather to or not does it change of the car feels at all?

Astra 1.9Cdti SRi
The boss kit is perfect fit as its a Momo one, the steering wheel is different, and i will need to get used to it, the indicator are abit further away but again you just need to get used to it.

Comparing the original and the dished wheel the weight is totally different, the original feels like a bag of cement compared to the dish which weights sweet f.a.

Astra 1.9Cdti SRi
Haha,

Diolch Keith, arol 5-6mis o gwaith caled dwi finally wedi neudo, rhaid v ddod i arfar evo 2l odan bonat wan,