ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

The 182FF now ready for maiden voyage to the Nurburgring this week!

Cossie, 182FF, A3
Hi Guys

I bought a 182 as a toy to use daily and to do my first trip to the nurburgring and occasional track days.

I looked for a 172/182 for a month or so and seemed to spend every spare minute searching the net for the right car. I ended up viewing about 5
cars before I bought this one. I wanted a clean example, ideally a 182 FF, with the usual cam belt and dephaser having been done, sensible miles,
good history and clean. I ended up having to stretch my budget to get the right car but think it was worthwhile.

This 05 FF had three owners the previous being a Renault technician and had been serviced every 3k and had the quietest engine (most the others seemed to have a slight rattle from the dephaser). It was the cleanest I had seen and I have enjoyed the first couple of months ownership.
The car is going to the Nurburgring on Thursday this week (30/05/13) through to Sunday (02/06/13) in convoy with a few friends.

In preparation for the trip I have:

Changed oil for 5w40 Millers Motorsport
NGK plugs
Renault Tye D coolant
Full Synthetic 75w90 gear oil change
ATE Super Blue brake fluid
New front discs (Brembo) and Mintex pads
New rear discs with bearings (Renault) and Pagid pads
New rear shocks
New clutch cable, genuine Renault item which lightened and smoothed the clutch pedal significantly
2 new Toyos on the front.

Just going to get the tracking checked on Tuesday and that’s it, ready to go (after the third coat of wax this morning)!

A couple of pictures below.

photo2.jpg

photo4.jpg

E46 M3 & UR Quattro
Very nice! Titanium looks so good in the sun, enjoy the trip to the nurburgring.. It's something else that place!

Monaco 172
I want to do similar in my car, maybe next summer! Need to get it all running close to perfect before ill attempt it!

Cossie, 182FF, A3
Thanks for all the comments guys.

DrRollo - no, she is not that car, sorry.

dmallett and breamy - my first trip to the ring and really excited, 3 sleeps to go lol! I will keep an eye out for you and say hi if I see you. Please do the same. See you there.

CheeRS

Breamy

ClioSport Club Member
If you fancy a passenger lap with me drop me a pm, ill be doing plenty of laps! pretty experienced at the ring :)

BG 182
Looks good!

Nurburgring is an incredible place, remember though take your time.. It's not worth stacking it in pursuit of a quick time!