ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

The 197 fuel consumption thread!

Status
Not open for further replies.
  Fiesta ST-3
Yup

Another fuel consumption thread slating how bad the 197 is on the old juice.... Or is it!!

Well that's where you're wrong!

Yes I am one of the fan boys who complains about how my 172 would see a much better return on petrol and how the 197 pisses it away for fun!

So for once I wanted to give the 197 a chance. I filled the tank to the brim and had a 500 mile round trip to complete which consisted on town driving and motorway spells. I managed a solid 450 miles to the tank before the light came on so could of had more but didn't want to risk it, and the trip read 37.7mpg. I know it's not the most accurate but I never thought I'd get anywhere near 450 miles to a tank.

Consider me to now be of a different opinion :) very pleased!

Knuckles

ClioSport Admin
3aec53d4.jpg

Plus... Some spirited driving and 90 nautical miles for about 20 mins today saw 32mpg lol

H

HickiN

I get 19.4mpg average in my 197....

and the MOST i can get out of it on a motorway driving stint is 32.7mpg.... teach me how to get 40mpg? I just don't see how i can get it that high...?

How the f**k did you get it that high, ScottDOT (you'll always be a DOT wanker)?! The most I ever saw in my 200 was 34mpg and that was proper granddad driving.

Knuckles

ClioSport Admin
I get 19.4mpg average in my 197....

and the MOST i can get out of it on a motorway driving stint is 32.7mpg.... teach me how to get 40mpg? I just don't see how i can get it that high...?

Reset the trip on Monday morning when I start my commute (after brimming it on Sunday night) then its steady traffic on the m6 at 50-60 until the m56 where I can get to 70... And by that time the mpg has been up in the high 40s (I saw 50 once!?) and it settles at 40 when you're driving at 70 lol

Daniel

ClioSport Moderator
  Whichever has fuel
From memory i've had 6 197's and a 200. None of them have ever averaged more than 26mpg. Ever.

Fiesta ST-3
My point I guess is after Gaz made an interesting point, how many people actually brink the tank, do an average journey and then conclude their findings. Rather than a tenner here and there in-between town stops.

Fiesta ST-3
How the f**k did you get it that high, ScottDOT (you'll always be a DOT w**ker)?! The most I ever saw in my 200 was 34mpg and that was proper granddad driving.

LOL. I've recently had new tyres fitted with the right pressures, took my time averaging the speed limit and the car is healthy I guess. I have no idea how people get such awful figures.

Gaz_

ClioSport Club Member
  Extreme mode
Told you ;)

A said mine always hovers around 29/30 MPG. I've now moved house and don't use my car for work. A tank can least me a good month or so now. Get them out of town and they are fine, more than acceptable. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.