ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

The Bora.

Jason_E

ClioSport Club Member
  Elise, 530d
Needs a chassis notch to achieve that. I know someone that'd do it for me for £150 but that seems a bit steep to me!

_Tom

ClioSport Club Member
Honestly mate looks so much better silver. The new combo looks cheap. Not that my opinion matters and its your car..lol

Should have gone cream.

Christopher

ClioSport Club Member
  Z4M
Looks mint on those wheels. I still dont get why you bought a green one though... you're immediately on the back foot.

Nafoff

ClioSport Club Member
Looks mint on those wheels. I still dont get why you bought a green one though... you're immediately on the back foot.

i want to defend the green because of the passat...although it doesn't bother me that much...lol
the only reason i got a the green because it was a cheap family hand me down...lol, but once clean mine really pops

Jason_E

ClioSport Club Member
  Elise, 530d
i want to defend the green because of the passat...although it doesn't bother me that much...lol
the only reason i got a the green because it was a cheap family hand me down...lol, but once clean mine really pops

I got mine as it was mint and had low mileage! And you're right, the colour has a real nice sparkle to it.

Clio IV 0,9 Tce
Wheels looks amazing. Well played. Much more original and well thought out. I agree on smoothing the bumpers.
Maybe black out the headlamps and loose the OEM grill?
It is getting there though mate. A chassis notch would look awesome.
This actually makes me want a Bora now.

BMW E46 330i Touring
Green is the future. It's a nice shade when cleaned up too.

Prefer the cream wheels though. Not really getting the splatter.

Jason_E

ClioSport Club Member
  Elise, 530d
+1.. do you even use the roof rack?
Yeah hence why I am keen to keep it! Spose I won't use it as much in the winter, but as soon as I even think of taking it off I have to use it for something.
Wheels looks amazing. Well played. Much more original and well thought out. I agree on smoothing the bumpers.
Maybe black out the headlamps and loose the OEM grill?
It is getting there though mate. A chassis notch would look awesome.
This actually makes me want a Bora now.
OEM Grill? It has the OEM Grill on? Do ya mean a blank one with no VW badge? If so, not much of a fan tbh! Same with "Smoothing" Bumpers. Bora's suit more of a colour code which I will be doing as soon as I can really :)

Thanks for the kind words!
Green is the future. It's a nice shade when cleaned up too.

Prefer the cream wheels though. Not really getting the splatter.

Yeah, when it comes to spring they will get a pro refurb. Possibly cream.

Clio IV 0,9 Tce
Yeah colour code will look good too. Yeah i ment a grille without the badge. Cream wheels will look cool too i think. Or maybe a matt brown colour of some sort?

Jason_E

ClioSport Club Member
  Elise, 530d
Little update.

Finishing the wheels today, hopefully. STILL haven't sorted the CV boot or fitted the brake pads. Had them sitting ready for like a month lol! Also have some fresh ideas for the front bumper, which could either look good or bad. So may buy a second front bumper to do it with, just in case it does look pap. It'll be done over xmas when my artistic friend is back from Canada. You can probably guess from that but that's all I'm saying!

5114599097_1da9aec5f0.jpg

5115199910_cb34f0f5bd.jpg

ok i'll try to be constructive. i think the door handles would look great wrapped in REAL cf.. think extremeinferno chap... or is that not kool/scene?

Jason_E

ClioSport Club Member
  Elise, 530d
ok i'll try to be constructive. i think the door handles would look great wrapped in REAL cf.. think extremeinferno chap... or is that not kool/scene?

Probably not cool or scene, but it's better than faded plastic! Plus it would make a great project for when I'm doing composites at college (we have to design and make something out of CF). It's either that or colour code.

Jason_E

ClioSport Club Member
  Elise, 530d
Chears! I'm proud of myself LOL. Naa no lacquer. Matt finish innit.

I'm not too bothered about them, it's just black is easier to keep clean in the winter!

Bluebeard

ClioSport Moderator
  Whichever has fuel
Should have done them cream.

In all fairness, I think the wheels are too big for the look you're trying to achieve.

Jason_E

ClioSport Club Member
  Elise, 530d
Should have done them cream.

In all fairness, I think the wheels are too big for the look you're trying to achieve.

Stop with the Cream! You'll get your cream soon enough.

Probably right, but I have the whole winter to save up if I want something different. For now though I like these. They sit just how I want them to!

The front bumper idea, same idea as the bonnet of the Peden Conceptz 106? If so, that might look pretty cool!

Jason_E

ClioSport Club Member
  Elise, 530d
Naa, that was going to be the idea for the roof. But we have a different Idea for the bumper. Although it's along the same lines really!

Tunst

ClioSport Club Member
  Focus ST225, Focus E
Any updates with this? :rasp:

Was thinking about your steel wheel situation earlier (dont ask why because i have no idea...) Our Landrover spare wheel is a steelie, why not get some adaptors made for some discovery wheels? Although they are 19" and only 175.. Maybe to big and not wide enough? They are on a TDV6 if u wanted to check up on it :rasp: