ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

The Bora.

BMW E46 330i Touring
Glad all's okay; still sounds odd that it dropped out the bottom though!

If you've not got the arb, what's the drive shaft rubbing on? The chassis itself?!? I though the sump would ground out before that...

Jason_E

ClioSport Club Member
  Elise, 530d
No the driveshaft rubs on the chassis easily. I thought it'd take me being lower tbh.

Rob

ClioSport Moderator
Glad you sorted it, VW suspension is weird man, when I first that I was like WTF!!?

Get some wheels on it and get it CC'd, stop tarting about with roof racks etc. They'll make the biggest difference by far, IMO of course. :)

Jason_E

ClioSport Club Member
  Elise, 530d
Will get it colour coded. Gunna spray the plastics with some matt black I have left over just to tidy them up atm. Then will sand 'em back and get them looking right :)

Rob

ClioSport Moderator
If I were you, I'd have a go at CC'ing the plastics myself, due to them being quite small in surface area (height wise), you could probably do a very nice job.

If you fail, go sand them back in about 10 mins and then matt black until you can have them done properly.

It's 100% in the prep.

Jason_E

ClioSport Club Member
  Elise, 530d
Yeah, I'm not spending anymore on the car this month! Already spent too much :p Do want it CC'd mind.

Tunst

ClioSport Club Member
  Focus ST225, Focus E
Glad you sorted it, VW suspension is weird man, when I first that I was like WTF!!?

Get some wheels on it and get it CC'd, stop tarting about with roof racks etc. They'll make the biggest difference by far, IMO of course. :)

Quite a few cars with similar design... its a pain i prefer renaults way of doing it...

What wheels you looking at jason?

Jason_E

ClioSport Club Member
  Elise, 530d
Banded steels. Haven't actually seen them on a Bora, although it's probably been done. I've already got some colours planned too.

BMW E46 330i Touring
Banded steels on a car this size are only going to work in 17/18's, which are pretty damn rare and expensive. Added to that the cost of widening them and you're talking money which could buy a cracking set of off the shelf rims...

Jason_E

ClioSport Club Member
  Elise, 530d
I'm gambling and going for 16's. Doing it because I can get them banded cheap and probably sell them for a profit lol. Anythings better than the steels it has on. I want some girth.

Rb 182
motivator7ecf0c9dccb3e853698436d1b9.jpg

A3 Tdi
Hows the Bora going Jason, what wheels have you been looking at out of interest?

How are you finding the 1600cc engine, is it painfully slow or not too bad?

Really wana chop the Zetec S in for something different at the moment!

View attachment 40794
For all the low haters. This is my daily and it drives fine, you cant see clearly on this pic but the front splitter is about 2 1/2 inches off the floor. Ive had no troubles and I live in the hills. The sumps on mk4 golf/boras seem to be ridiculously low though.

The Boosh!

ClioSport Admin
  Elise, Duster
Jason, pm me when you are back and I will re-open your thread.

Thread opened - Everyone can have an opinion but the spam and number of deleted posts in here has got stupid. If anyone posts any personal insults or anything to that effect its a straight ban for the day.

Last edited:

Jason_E

ClioSport Club Member
  Elise, 530d
Guess who's back. I fear I should update this, yes?

I'll start where I left off, the Bolts. Of course I got new ones! For £3 it was stupid not too. I dunno why I said 60nm because me and my brother just tightened them FT. So all is well there.

The windscreen. Yes, I was one of those retards who didn't realise the mirror twists off at the base and YES as soon as I even tried to put it back on the windscreen went. Lesson learnt, at least I have a chip free screen now!

Anyway, I'll throw a few pictures up from my Flickr.
4846996621_dcb5186658.jpg

4847007209_283815c82a.jpg

4847632686_67d389c18a.jpg

4864735364_42ddace898.jpg

And last night I borrowed these off a mate to see if I liked them. And for £200, I think they are a decent price for my first set of wheels. Nothing different, or interesting you may argue. But They sit nicely and give me a bit more stance than the 15" balloon steels. Either way I'm not modifying this car for recognition or for a magazine feature I'm just having fun :).
4873528892_c0b3f2932e.jpg

4875220586_eac6f9797c.jpg

4874614411_f5d566f6d0.jpg

4875230140_dda64d9aaf.jpg

They need a refurb, and 2 new tyres as the rears are actually ON 1.6mm. It actually sit's lower on these than it did on the steels, now i have to floor it off my drive or I get beached on my zorst center box.

C+C Always welcomed.

Storm Grey 200
I was actually starting to miss this bora! Always checking back waiting for updates. Its looking really tidy now, fair play to you.

Plans for dish?

Jason_E

ClioSport Club Member
  Elise, 530d
TBH, My plans for it for the next month are to get those wheels road worthy. Then after that I have a Cream leather recaro interior lined up for cheap! Since I'm buying the wheels off a mate he's letting me pay him over the next few months so I won't be broke all the time.

Rob

ClioSport Moderator
Wheels, as you say, aren't ground breaking, but I think they suit the car pretty well and that sounds like a good enough price.

I was also missing the Bora project tbh.

Keep up the good work J-man

If you were local I'd give you a hand with refurbing them.

Jason_E

ClioSport Club Member
  Elise, 530d
LOL was actually in the SE London area yesterday, random banter cruise in my mates Gashtra and ended up there. But thanks for the offer :). And yeah, they aren't producing much hate so that just shows they aren't that good but I'll wait for my 18th (insurance drop) before I wang something awesome on there ;)

I take it I just sand them down then...? How do you filler wheels? What sort of filler am I looking at using? I've never had a shot at refurbishing wheels so I dunno what you can and can't do!

328, MK1 Clio 1.4
Those wheels are so much better than painted steelies. Good call, for once, Jason.

If you're having cream leather interior, do the wheels cream!!!

Rob

ClioSport Moderator
Where abouts in SE London did you end up?? I'm more kent, sort of, ish?

You use metal filler for wheels mate, it's a real fucker to sand back, so don't use too much, whatever you do!

It's literally a case of sanding back the wheels until they are smooth, the harshness of the paper you use depends how bad the wheel condition is, i.e a perfect wheel could just be gone over with an 800 then primered, or to take out some harder scratches, a 600 then 800, or some deep harsh marks could be given a 100 then a 400, 800, obviously you only need to sand down the bad bits with the harsh paper, just have to essentially blend it in with the rest of the wheel.

Wheel's aren't too bad to do tbh, it's all in the prep, which does get boring! lol

jenic

ClioSport Club Member
I think them wheels look mint :)

Really suit the car and have transformed it from a really really really s**t car to something half decent looking.

BMW E46 330i Touring
Nice wheels, Bentley-esque.

If you're getting a leather interior, would your grey armrest be removed? I need a grey rear ashtray!

Jason_E

ClioSport Club Member
  Elise, 530d
I don't have an armrest. I'm rockin' S Spec y0!

And thanks for the kind words! I did think about doing the wheels cream haha!