ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

The Clio is going - Love turned to hate!!

Clio 182 (Black Beauty)
After 2 and half years the clio is going!

After spending 1200 quid trying to rectify the engine tapping and general ruffness i have decided enough is enough. After 2 years of great fun all things went downhill. A slight tapping turned into a tractor. After having the dephaser pulley done, a new cam belt, replacement lifters x twice. The tapping was still there. Next stage was a full engine rebuild or replacement engine. More money which i wasnt prepared to spend. It goes on saturday for a trade in on a 225 Audi TT coupe. Have to say its a more grown up drive but the quality of it is unreal. Didnt think id ever say it but i didnt want to get back in the clio as it was shoddy in comparison. All good things come to an end.

Cheers for the help anyone tried giving me for the problem but ultimately the car signed its own death warrant lol

C

Cupster

Meh standard feature iirc, roughness is anyhoo.

I hope the clutch cylinder doesn't go on the Audi! Better keep a monkey spare just in case!

Clio 182 (Black Beauty)
6 month warranty on it so all covered till then. probably extend it too with my luck lol

Clio 182 (Black Beauty)
yep had full wad of stereo in and thats what i did. It sounded like i had a few immigrant indians sewing nike and adidas goods for 10p an hour under the bonnet though lol never good! shame really as i did like the raw power and loved surprising higher powered (i should easy win this) cars :)