ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

The Clio Mk2 fault finding dashboard trick

0.8 and 1.1 is same as mine when its warmed up,u can drive witht he display on test mode then you'll see how much petrol gets pumped in even under slight accelaration iv had the figure up to about 15litre an hour lol.
to be honest though not sure if i trust the on-board diagnostics i had 3 faults showing up ages ago and when i reset it it never detected any of the faults again.like someone else said my oil guage shows oil on 1 bar wont go under that even when the sumps just about dry but yet it doesnt show up a sensor fault.also from memory one of the letters stands for a coolant temp sensor fault cant remember of the top of my head which 1

MRBILLYUK

ClioSport Club Member
  FF Jeden Osiem Dwa
Drove it on test mode yesterday , also got it up to 15 litres . Was only driving about 30mph ish but at one stage it was showing 160mph ,lmao !

Not bad for just a stainless exhaust ;)

MrBillyUK !

MRBILLYUK

ClioSport Club Member
  FF Jeden Osiem Dwa
mk2_172_silver said:
mine shows a t ---

dunno how to fix or get rid of this, any ideas? also what is the third light down on the dash? cos thats also out on mine?

I had a " t " . Just reset the trip computer and it vanished and its not come back on yet . Maybe it was just an old fault stored .

MrBillyUK !

clio 1.4 rt
why doesnt my stalk have a button on it???????

i have a 1998 s reg 1.4 rt clio and it doesnt have the button at all its a mk2 and everythin,

hmmm n e one help me?

ollie mc said:
why doesnt my stalk have a button on it???????

i have a 1998 s reg 1.4 rt clio and it doesnt have the button at all its a mk2 and everythin,

hmmm n e one help me?
Your has the rounded not triagular lights I take it? Even if not some cars just down't have it its just down to car spec.
Try pressing the trip reset button down instead when you turn the key.

Da

Less
on mine (which doesn't have a trip) as edde says press and hold the mileage/clock reset button instead. I did this the other day and found no faults, although it showed up my speedo is slightly out by 2-3mph :eek:

Clio 1.2 16 - 2003
mine showed a t---h

Not sure exactly what this means, gonna have it checked out...

Nice lil trick though :)

Just tried this on my Mk2 Ph1 1.4s

The rev counter, speedo, petrol and temp gauges all do a pretty dance, and the display shows 8888 but none of the dash lights did anything.

850 T5. mmmm Turbo!
t--h.gif

always wondered what it ment

taffrhys said:
hey all, sorry to be a silly f***** but, where is this button on the end of the stalk?
Its the button you use to cycle through the trip computer setting. If you don't have one then you have to press the button on the dial you use to rest the trip milage.

It's a button you press in on the righthand stalk.

If you own a Mk1 172 it's not the one that's the horn.
As I found sat in a traffic jam months back LOL

Citroen DS3 DSport
MRBILLYUK said:
Mine was fluctuating between 0.8 and 1.1 when it was idling .What was urs ?
Anybody else got some figures they would like to add ?

MrBillyUK !

My readings on starting from cold fluctuated between 1.1 and 1.4 litres of fuel per hour.

I also have a 't' error code.

tiTTy & SV650
could an injection fault 't' be due to a gas flow thing? i.e. I recently had a lambda sensor replaced and my exhaust is blowing...

i know thats nothing to do with injection, but just wondered...

172 Cup
Just done mine, no errors, 2.0ltrs per hour when I checked at idle. I noticed that the headlight bulbs don't light up and the shift light is indeed orange.

330Ci (Fail)Sport
Mine does not work.....98 R Mk2 1.4......

I got the button on the stalk but it nothing happens when I hold that or the trip resetter....am I doing it wrong?? Hold the button and turn ignition on fully??

Also my stalk button doesn't alternate between different bits of info like the manual says it should....

Any help pls....

Vish

DrR

ClioSport Club Member
  VW Golf GTD
Hmm just ran this, and also got the t--h i'm guessing the " t mean an injection fault has been detected for a minimum of 4 seconds" is cos the engine is not running, and same with the " h means an oil level sensor fault has been detected."?

Hmm just ran this, and also got the t--h i'm guessing the " t mean an injection fault has been detected for a minimum of 4 seconds" is cos the engine is not running, and same with the " h means an oil level sensor fault has been detected."?

Nope they registered fault when the engine has been running clear the faults and see if they come back.

DrR

ClioSport Club Member
  VW Golf GTD
I'll see what it say after i've been to work and back tomorrow, can runs fine though.

blimy sounds like everyones cars are goin wrong im to scared to try this trip out, it drives so im happy lol.

If you have the faults there not going to go away just clear them if you want.

There one forum member who has every one of the warnings and his cars been fine always its French electrics for you.

mk2 ph2 clio 1.2 extreme
Theres a simple diagnostics built into the Mk2 Clio's

To access this, with the igition off press and keep hold of the button at the end of the stalk and turn the ignition on. ALl the dashboard warning lights will come on and the speedo and rev counter will go through a predefined sequene.
When your doing this though (you can let go of the button at the end of the stalk) ever time you press the stalk button the digital readout will show information (listed belew) each time you press the button some more information will show.

All the lights lit (shows if you have a failed LED).

The amount of fuel left in the tank in liters.

Fuel flow (the engine has to be running. This is in liters per hour

Stored faults
t mean an injection fault has been detected for a minimum of 4 seconds
J means a fault has been noted on the fuel gauge. It must have disconnected for longer than 100 seconds. The resistance from the fuel tank sensor needs to be between 5 and 350 Ohms.
d means an injection signal fault has been detected
h means an oil level sensor fault has been detected. Resistance from the sensor should be between 6 and 20 Ohms. Any reading over 20Ohms is an open cicuit anything under 3 is a short circuit.

If no faults are logged then dashes will show fixed dashes.
Press the reset button to clear the logged faults. Other faults arn't shown on the display.

i have got -----h come up on mine is that mean i have oil sensor fault ?

Stored faults

h means an oil level sensor fault has been detected. Resistance from the sensor should be between 6 and 20 Ohms. Any reading over 20Ohms is an open cicuit anything under 3 is a short circuit.

If no faults are logged then dashes will show fixed dashes.

i have got -----h come up on mine is that mean i have oil sensor fault ?

Err yep, as the text says But if you've read this thread it means not very much since the sensors arn't wonderful.

172 Cup
Hi guys,
ive just done this test in my 03 172 Cup, I also got a T, cleared the faults and will try again in a week to see if it has been logged again.

Cheers
Dez

172 cup,s2 rs turbo
they didnt all have the shift light.

if your panel brings up a letter but you've never noticed a problem then why worry its probably a one off or something from the past. what do they say oh yeah its 'if it aint broke dont fix it'

Rs monaco 172 mk2
top man......
this is a great help...
iv got t and h fault...
wat does this mean/wat should i do....
especially in regards 2 fault "t"..... ignition

Greeny.

ClioSport Club Member
  440i + 182
I only get 2 lights on the left hand side of my dash board light up, all the ones of the right are fine, shift light etc!! Take it that isnt normal?