ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

The Clio Mk2 fault finding dashboard trick

It would be good if the normal trip comp displayed mpg figures in real time like the fuel consumption in the diagnostics mode.

Ultra Red Megane 225
excellent post!!

I have a t--- come up, is there anything i can do? Aside from pay a grease monkey to have a proper look?

lol ok... well at least explain to us what the differences are.

I assume it's the software in the clocks as all the sensors do the same things.

2003 MR2 Roadster
I just tried the dashboard diagnostic trick.

Luckily I have not faults

My fuel flow is fluctuating between 1.1 and 1.4 liters per hour. Is this ok?

02' PH1 172
Just did it.
im sitting between 1.8 and 2.1
i also had the number 8 came up next to the fuel pump pic
and no faults for me... muahahaha... event tho my knock sensor is broken

b/g 182, meg tourer
Mine was showing a " t " So i pressed the reset button for the comp and it cleared it . Reran the test and the " t " had vanished . Mine was fluctuating between 0.8 and 1.1 litres and hour when idling . Anybody else tried resetting the comp . Might just have been on " old " fault stored . Would love to see more results form other people .

MrBillyUK !

mine was exactly the same. 't' was shiwing. reset it. tried it again and it was gone :)

Clio MkII 172 K reg
Great trick Edde;) thank you for bring tihs to us.

I had T + H. Reset it for now.
If there a fault does it will show this again after one drive ?

Clio Sport 172
After doing this test, will it cause any other probs...i.e get lights lit up on my dash?
I mean I just paid Renault £65 to plug it in to their computer to clear a fault and I don't want to do this test if I have to go to Renault to clear another fault that this test has/may cause....

After doing this test, will it cause any other probs...i.e get lights lit up on my dash?
I mean I just paid Renault £65 to plug it in to their computer to clear a fault and I don't want to do this test if I have to go to Renault to clear another fault that this test has/may cause....

Nope no problems the thing ie realy just a test for the ashboard to chck the lights all work and its calibrated correct.

Clio Sport 172
Ive read that people checked their speedo after doing this test and found it to be 2-4 mph out....how do you check for that?

Ive read that people checked their speedo after doing this test and found it to be 2-4 mph out....how do you check for that?

Just get a GPS out there always a bit out 10% overreading at all speds is about to tops to about 3mph overreading. It depends waht tyre you have etc.

You can tell if the dials are wrong (unusual) as when the system goes though its setup it does to 20mph then up 40 etc so if the dials don't point exact there not in alignment,.

20080722166.gif

Does this mean an LED as gone and if so how do i know which one(s) ?

mines showing t--h...any ideas?

Stored faults
t mean an injection fault has been detected for a minimum of 4 seconds
J means a fault has been noted on the fuel gauge. It must have disconnected for longer than 100 seconds. The resistance from the fuel tank sensor needs to be between 5 and 350 Ohms.
d means an injection signal fault has been detected
h means an oil level sensor fault has been detected. Resistance from the sensor should be between 6 and 20 Ohms. Any reading over 20Ohms is an open cicuit anything under 3 is a short circuit.

If no faults are logged then dashes will show fixed dashes.
Press the reset button to clear the logged faults. Other faults arn't shown on the display.

i have a 2002 renault clio, does this dashboard trick work on it?
it goes into the beeping mode but can i use it to show me feul levels and feul flow etc?

t3 corolla 116bhp
press the trip multifunction button on the end of the wiper stalk and it will go through the fuel level/ flow etc

t3 corolla 116bhp
if its an expression then you dont have the multifunction trip button on the end of the wiper stalk. what you need to press is the mileage reset button i think

yeh ive done that
it just beeps and the dials do their dance
but doesnt give mr any information on fuel flow etc,
does the expression even do this?

Black RS200
I read about this trick some 5 yrs ago when i 1st got my 182 and tbh did it the once and forgot all about it untill i just saw this post, so just been out to see what it was showing (after 5 yrs of driving) got>> ---- and 1.1/1.4 on fuel flow. Speedo is 1mph out but i knew this because a) GPS and b) if i set cruise control to 70mph speedo reads 71.
No issue all seems normal but i'd like to know why the gear shift light is ORANGE?? only ever seen it green. Maybe if you ignore the green light then it turns to orange? lol

ClioSport182
tried this on a mk 1 172 , mk2 172 and a mk 2 182. only fualt code i got was a t on my 182. have had a decat , and have had a new alternator when i first bought it. just did a reset though......

cheers for the info

182 FF Cupped
on mine (which doesn't have a trip) as edde says press and hold the mileage/clock reset button instead. I did this the other day and found no faults, although it showed up my speedo is slightly out by 2-3mph :eek:

why does your 182 not have a trip?

RS Clio 182
just done this, my serv light dosnt light up and i dont know where it says hiow much fuel im using? any ideas cheers

Da

Less
why does your 182 not have a trip?

That post is years old, was relating to when I had my basic 1.2 which didn't have a trip.

just done this, my serv light dosnt light up and i dont know where it says hiow much fuel im using? any ideas cheers

Serv the only light that doesn't come on?
Fuel is displayed on the digi display if you scroll through the values with the trip button.