ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

The Curse of the Black Pearl...

Mustang, S13, AX GT
Hey hey,
some of you may know the hassle my 172 has caused me some may not, but basically its been undoubtedly the worst car I've EVER owned, which is some statement.

However! I have finally got a permanent proper job so I can afford to start sorting things out. I'm gonna log my progress and fixes in this thread, but as its not really a project I'll leave it in Media for now..

The overhall started this weekend with a colour change for the wheels :) so a sneak pic to be followed over the coming weeks with more (decent) pics and updates :)

**Decent Pics, post #14**

DSCF1029.jpg

To:
DSCF2019.jpg

and as of today:
LYWheels.jpg

The wheels are liquid yellow as the photo doesn't show it too well. It was good practice spraying them this colour, as I may be spraying something else I own the same colour some day hopefully this year...

Last edited:

Gaz_

ClioSport Club Member
  Extreme mode
^ffs, what's wrong with you?!

We all know black wheels are made for hero's , and pink for homo's.

Mustang, S13, AX GT
Yeah but, I had to change to yellow magic trees because they smell the bestest so I had to do the wheels to match. Pink magic trees smell like hubba bubba...

Mustang, S13, AX GT
still got the same exhaust, all 2-2.5 inches of cannon-ness :S

Lee its not been washed mate haha!

Mustang, S13, AX GT
So this weekend I've fixed another issue with the car, in that I have binned the old tired leaking/broken suspension in favour of some VMaxx Coilovers :) Never again will I do this without making sure I have all the tools I need before I start!!

As promised I've taken some better pics, although the car is dirty so the wheels still look more orange than LY :( Still I'm tired I cba washing the car just yet..
DSCF2021.jpg

DSCF2022.jpg

DSCF2023.jpg

DSCF2024.jpg

DSCF2025.jpg

DSCF2026.jpg

DSCF2027.jpg

DSCF2028.jpg

Mustang, S13, AX GT
The guys at work keep telling me to go back to pink! I like the yellow its staying for now.

Mustang, S13, AX GT
Cheers Rob, When I started spraying the wheels I kept kicking myself for not getting some of that white primer off you ages ago haha! I intend to give it a decent wash and clean next weekend. I'm done with clio for this weekend heh

Rob

ClioSport Moderator
It's always the way (wishing you'd bought something when it was cheap).

Get some shots up when it's properly clean, I look forward to seeing the paint on the wheels.