ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

The Dark Knight.... Progress Thread

172//Crap Micra//Bus
Ye, he did mine, he's a decent lad... struggled with most of my chips though. His wife drive that car more than he does lol. I work just round the corner too ;) (so does Mish actually)

Day/night before FCS

Got the car stickered up and cleaned @ autopride up in preston on the friday, and worked on her till the evening all alone up the drive. sat morning met the NW lot at Lymm and set off down the M6 traffic jam. champion banter on the way down and I pwnt a carrera which is always nice.

At kettering Rich decided we should fit my disks and pads ready for track on sunday, an hour later and 6 pints we gave up. the caliper pin is seized/bent so it wont release. I would have to do track on fried brakes. to celebrate I got drunk and put stickers on everyones cars

DSC_7445.jpg

Swift Sport
Every time I see your car it's either making ALOT of noise, or on jacks!! LOL

I do love it though, and you know this...

Bang a sticker on mine next time you're drunk ;)

RDH

ClioSport Club Member
Few mates have had their exhausts done a DANMAR and he's excellenet, really good.

Just round the corner from me.

FCS 09

Morning, got hangover?!

DSC_7473.jpg

got to circuit, late, murmered hello to a few and signed up for Iridiums Parade Lap.

then went straight to the garage to strip the car and sort tyres and pressures. fred came n nosy'd, kevo66 parked the catcam up next to me and I spent all of 5 mins putting the most bright wheels ever known onto his car (they looked epic btw kev)

first session I went out with kev to get a feel for the circuit, surviving a huge slide when a saxo dumped its guts at the hairpin and then went out behind him for TDKs first session. (after taking passenger seat out)

DSC_0038.jpg

pic by rob(197.net)

Straight away the brakes werent as strong as I hoped, initial bite was good and grip too, the cup dampers keeping the car tighter than before too helped

http://www.vimeo.com/5204070

Played with a black saxo that was supercharged or on ITBS (which im not sure, although it was fast) and got a feel for the car.

Second session the car seemed its happiest, passing all and sundry it flew, was poised and with added gear braking I was living with the brakes issue, few spins in front of me but its to be expected.

[youtube]QZYyalc7eGo[/youtube]

I noticed the dust from the rally stage was coming onto the track and found it a little bit of a distraction, although the sweat dripping into my eyes wasnt the best experience ever too! I dont have any footage of the second and third session unfortunately so take my word when I enjoyed them, the car ran well and brakes were fine :)

Fourth session was the Meganesport session...

DSC_0044.jpg

pic by rob (197.net)

some terrible driving on this to be honest, as you will see in the video. the brakes were shot by now and I picked up some oil off a Pug205 which made the front twitchy for a lap or so.

not far into the session I let Denty past to see if i could do anything against a 26R. I had passed two earlier in the day but i think a culmination of me gunning it and them not helped. Straight away you could see how the car is so poised through cornering, the diff and suspension are 'scary'. I didnt have an answer and although slightly quicker and better under braking, the vastly improving Denty was pulling away form me. Due to trafic the best he pulled was half a straight so theres hope, but the R26R is an absolute animal focused on the sole aim of being quicker than other cars round a circuit.

I was proud though, that a 225FF could even run near the pace of the aforementioned car (the youtube video that someone quoted saying i was mullered or something... ermm yeh thanks haha, listen to the volume and me lifting for 4/5 seconds, bell)

so overall, for what she is, I couldnt be happier. I had no idea the exhaust was so loud and I live the 50/50 appeal it generates too. People talk but dont mention me driving my guts out, haha. its all good though.

Apoligies for not speaking or seeing anyone but my track bug kicked in and I needed to race. Also hope that people enjoyed seeing it on track, remembering im skint, independant and do the best with what I got :)

anyhoo, the cars up the drive, she wont move till I get the brakes sorted now.

**two track videos are uploading now, a mod will place them in this post and edit accordingly**

Last edited by a moderator:
the only upside to the fried brakes and not rushing to put them on for FCS is that I can have the disks grooved and to a design I find suitable. Recently alot of the R26Rs have been cracking their disks, most think its to do with the abuse they recieve, coupled with the design of the grooves on the disk.

disc1.jpg

rich CADed me over a design which I think will suit the disk, keeping a good surface area and not weakening it too much. these should be on next week, front and rear, with DS2500/DS300 for the summer months and next track outing

E30 318iS x2
Would it be worth looking into a 2 piece bells and disc set up? they take abuse and temperature change far better.

Would it be worth looking into a 2 piece bells and disc set up? they take abuse and temperature change far better.

to a degree yes, as always its money tho, i'll run a standardish setup as much as i can til its totally neccesary to switch. always been a fan of RS brakes tbh but yeh we'll see

afterall there is an attempt to get them made by members on ms

Clio 172 Cup
Right thats it im having a danmar exhaust end of Naith sort me out some time in August im buying myself a birthday pressie :)

Gally

Formerly Mashed up egg in a cup
ClioSport Club Member
Looks great mate! Good few laps!

That pose gave me wood.

BMW E92/Audi S3
Sounds and looks the part. Well done.
I love the sound it makes in the most recent video.. Woosh... x

Hai :eek:

IMG_3077.jpg

rich has machined the fronts, only need rears doing now, anyone interested throw me a PM, he's bloomin good as u can see, and cheaper than a date with jodie marsh

yep, the ones on the R26/R26R are standard, just with aftermarket drilling/grooving respectively.

i've just had a custom design made up

Coby.

ClioSport Club Member
  XC60-R.......V40-R
Love this car..... Its this car that has made me want a RS Meggy...... How much was the R26.R Spolier if you don't mind me asking (PM if you like)

not updated in a while, truth be known the cars not moved, ive been driving around in my mums ignis and the megs just been sat there. the grooved disks are on now though and shall be bedded in on the way to trax ;)

i thought it was time to shed some more weight and replace the now 'dud' OEM heavy battery...

GetAttachmentaspx-3.jpg

odyssey extreme 25, part of the POT groupbuy from rally direct, arrived next day going to fit it this weekend

another benefit is that i can cut the battery tray right down and run the air feed direct to the airbox, rather than its current crushed state.

also been having the dash slowly covered in alacantera, but due to finances its taking a while, will look awesome when fully fitted tho, heres a taster.

IMG_5308.jpg

also had some CF mirror covers and side badges made up by streamline carbon, getting them fitted just before trax.

pics when they are on :)

hi jamie, i miss you. x

kev we'll make a day of it, im only out on the bank holiday sunday so got all weekend for the cars bro