ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

The Dark Knight.... Progress Thread

Integra Type-R DC2
I really want to hear this thing. Surely it cant sound like a jet...

Edit: Just found a vid of it on youtube, what the f**k have you done to make it sound like that?!

[youtube]nBc0a8_BuSk[/youtube]

tbh josh thats not a good example as i let off to let mike through and see how i could fair against a 26R. :)

I'll put some vids up asap of it and detail how the zorst is like it is

LY R26
hi mate, spoke to u at donny in april.
im the scottish lad with the ly r27.

was watching the track around 2/2-30 yesterday and u were horsing everything.

your car sounds amazing, love it.

what have you done to make it sound like that? do you have screamer pipes on it or something?

its epic whatever you've done to it :D

Jun

Pearl Black 172 ph2
I really want to hear this thing. Surely it cant sound like a jet...

Edit: Just found a vid of it on youtube, what the f**k have you done to make it sound like that?!

[youtube]nBc0a8_BuSk[/youtube]

I've not heard that exhaust sound before! It's definitely different! Looking forward to your other vids.

My god... Is that really the difference with a 26R?!

use your volume function and listen to me let off for 2 thirds of the straight. straights i was faster, corners it massacred me.

cheers for the comments good and bad, riads sorting the vids asap, i've watched them, theres cone kicking, swearing, sweat and alot of fuel use in them :D

Meg R26, Nissan 200sx S13
tbh josh thats not a good example as i let off to let mike through and see how i could fair against a 26R. :)

I'll put some vids up asap of it and detail how the zorst is like it is

You gonna post the secret on MS aswell? seems there is alot of poeple asking alot of questions Naith haha! :approve:

right, just spent the last two hours writing up progress for the last month and the pc froze, pissed off n going to bed.will try harder tomorrow

cnut

Gally

Formerly Mashed up egg in a cup
ClioSport Club Member
People talking about Naith's car and not his face!!! Must have sounded good!

f**king work speakers! I s**t em'

JJT

1.4 16v Dynamique+
ha caused a right stir this has! love the title of that vid 'noisy megane' lol brilliant.

Ali

V6, Trackhawk, GTS
Nearly shat masel, thought FCS had organised a ground assualt!!

TBH i thought it sounded very wrong, never heard a turbo car sound that way!...

30th/31st may

started a little bit of prep and overhaul ready for FCS and track season, etc.

first step was to get a PC done so off to JD's and took richngem along with me, whilst Jamie was doing a stage 1 clean on the car rich and myself fitted some cup dampers to the rear of the car. the car is a 225FF and technically the oldest and slowest of the megane range, no slouch but the damping on cup dampers is 80% stiffer.

coupled with cup eibach springs i hoped this would stop my nervous back end (lol). fitting all in took about 30 mins and upon dropping the car you could see the difference, ableit not feel it.

the damper and springs are a temporary measure until the coilovers go on, but for now they are a definate help (details to follow in FCS thread)

we also fitted some HEL braided lines to improve feel on braking, although there would be a two week wait to fit my disks and pads, hopefully around FCS time :)

we fitted the lines and DOT 5.1 brake fluid, dropped the car and disaster. air still in system....

a slow convoy home and to oulton park in the morning and we set about fixing it, using darrenS as our pumping b**ch we jacked the car up at cascades and rebled using millers race DOT 4 that was on sale at oulton. she was fixed.... phewww.

rich was so cut up about not doing it right, although it was probs my fault, cant thank him enough, ledge x

DSC_7247.gif

the following week i cleaned up my intercooler at an industrial unit and had my badges done again by scott at chipsaway in preston, i hated the colour though and instantly set about changing it for FCS and indeed the future.

more to follow...

9th June

exhaust day...

A member of MS mentioned to me when we were in dieppe how he loved the shape of the exhaust, ive never been crazy and always wanted circular. we met up at DANMAR in wigan and kenny took my system off (from the backbox) and fitted it to Jono's car.

i was expecting the car to sound the same...... errr it didnt, straight away you could hear the sound of the turbo with the exhaust. i liked it, riad moaned it hurt his ears, job done! the ride home was shall we say fun.

i had the oval pipes fitted and a new rear section, anyone looking for exhaust work i can only recommend Kenny @ DANMAR, top guy and knows his onions (worked for Bae for 15 years lol).

GetAttachment-1.jpg

a few of the megane boys have started to go there and a few CS lads are interested too

and for the record i do NOT run a screamer pipe/work for GDI/run a restrictor pipe as has been suggested by other forums :)

Gaz_

ClioSport Club Member
  Extreme mode
Strange that?

In my punto turbo days the only reason you'd hear the turbo is if the exhaust had a leak?!

Sounds mint though!!

I seem to recall one last year sounding similar, a LY one?

clio 200 F4Rt
nice car.

shame my impreza had a brake hose issue, as was hoping to get out on track and see how a megane goes against it.

My old Impreza Spec-C used to have a similar jet engine sound when on boost!

11th/12th june

decided on my new colour scheme and stickers, got to preston and cracked on.

ewrg.jpg

took ages but was well worth it for the banter and jokes

stripped some more stuff outta the car to lighten her for FCS. Also trotted upto Macclesfield to see EARs Motorsport and have them fit 2 new Parada2s to the front to give me some much needed grip!

all i needed was brakes fitting at kettering ready for fcs, which didnt go to plan... details to follow

clio 200 F4Rt
fmp, was your impreza the one in the garage next to me?

the was a scobby in there all day, was wondering why it wasnt out

i had a blue bugeye, no spoiler.

left at about 12, so wasnt there all day.

did my first session at 10.55 but lost brakes towards the end. traced it down to a split brake hose, so was game over!

unlucky mate :( i wasnt exactly happy with my brakes either, as in the died in the fourth session, oh well upgrades will go on and i'll detail below

Mustang, S13, AX GT
so the brakes didn't quite make the day then Naith? You getting them sorted properly or getting some one to rig them up?

for once i'm getting them sorted properly, i still am a member of rigclub with you, jord n winst tho so dont worry :)

they were fading heavily in the 4th session but i'll detail that when i get a chance to breathe in my FCS writeup

Mustang, S13, AX GT
;) Atleast they made it through most of the sessions, you seemed to be doing pretty well on track tbh.