ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

The Dark Knight.... Progress Thread

Clio 182 Cup FF
just seen this, looking good mate! sounds like u have a lot of fun in the car and it gets used which is nice to see for a change!!

Cant believe your solar screen is fukced - especially as so many people commented on it at oulton!

Glad to hear its all sorted and its being replaced

Evora, C-HR & A180
DSC_0145.jpg

My new desktop picture, i <3 this car lol. Looks like you guys had an epic trip id love to do something like this :cool:

haha really leon? i've got alot better! but means an awful lot mate :) i got hi res ;)

dean ducting will be 90% brakes yes, i also need the air thats slamming into the ducts to be used to an effect as its currently just causing drag and popping the side of the bumpers out everytime i'm at speed.

jocker, i'm not going to bang on about the new screen, i cursed this blighter, haha!

White Sti Hatch
Can you let me know how you go about routing fixing it mate as im planning on doing the same once i get my Boost & Inlet Samcos ordered up and fitted !

Question for you aswell how in the f**k do you get to the clip holding the inlet hose onto the Turbo ????

dunno... it sounds like you have bought a BOV or DV by asking that though and i cant stand them so probs not the best person to ask lol ;)

the ducting will be a sod as i need to route it so it hits the brakes at a good angle that wont disturb air to much but this weekend will show that, i'll no doubt need to swap the water bottle for a smaller one, as it sits right in the path of possible routing, its a bugger. (but the containers only connected by a tube running of the pipe so it is doable, even if it currently sits right in the way of stones and debris atm)

White Sti Hatch
Meh itll be on for about a week before i get bored of it lol ! Im not on about the Recir just the Jubilee clip that's in the most awkward of places on the turbo pretty much sitting against the fire wall :|

Yeah i figure as much when i had the bumper off to fit the HID's, i couldn't figure out the best place to bring the ducting out of the arch liner to give as much air to the Calliper/Disc as possible :/ take plenty of pics :rasp:

Is there not enough room to route the ducting Below/To the side of the washer bottle ??

lbrench

ClioSport Club Member
  F250 6.7 / VW GLI.
i agree with this ^^^ every time i se it in the metal it makes me want to spend more money on mine lol

DCi 100
Having sat there and watch video's off this car at FCS two years ago or whenever it was thinking bloody hell!

I still can't believe I was sat there holding the key looking at it. Something I'll never forget!

BMW M135i
Question for you aswell how in the f**k do you get to the clip holding the inlet hose onto the Turbo ????
Small 1/4" drive ratchet and a 7mm socket for the jubilee clip screw, and doing it blind. Its easy peasy though sounds harder than it really is.

Qashcow
cage, well what can i say..... epic colour ;)

love the stickers that were on it, glad you had a good trip in france too.

what a mess....

IMG00023-20100728-1638.jpg

been a while... she's in preston having her windscreen fixed, roof flatted and repainted and a whole new front bumper/undertray put on, the front bumpers been a mess since i bought the car so its about time a new one was added.

i'll also be puting a circular CAF in to replace the rectangle one on as present, she'll look lovely.

off to BTM to have the geo done again on her and new droplinks all round next weekend too hopefully if not the one after, plus fitting 197 sideskirts this weekend so all in all.... she's getting there (someone donate me a racing wheel/buckets and some competition alloys, thanks ;))

lbrench

ClioSport Club Member
  F250 6.7 / VW GLI.
defo need pics of the 197 sideskirts on, also if you want a circle CAF cup go on ebay, about 7 quid for a black metal one.

lbrench

ClioSport Club Member
  F250 6.7 / VW GLI.
lol no ive got my own ideas, i was gona go track machine like yours but i did that to the clio (cage, strippage etc) im going to have it as super somfy interior and loads of power, so dvd/satnav and a few other interior bits and stage 2 with clutch, intercooler, injectors and stage 2 map. loads of other bits like samco hoses etc.

you know how it goes.
turbo whoosh bla bla bla lol

today i will mostly be searching for a steering wheel...

i've always wanted a sparco type racing one, bit like the RS one with blue on the wheel, but before i totally butcher the car i'd like to keep certain things, i do use the cc and theres a lad on CS that has fitted a RMC wheel and drilled holes and fitted his new buttons from his CC into like below, ive wanted to do it for so long but my skills, or lack of, have prevented me...

meek_racing
CIMG3115.jpg

above is how i'd like it, or a sparco/momo wheel with the 2 buttons in and with the below add ons, my only worry would be if it looked chavvy, like i was running NOS y0!

group-61213931-b624-4052-b493-ab4cd0a28b65-100.jpg

but we'll see. i'll sort it.

Who's going to see it except you? And your passengers, who will be mates and in the know. . . get it done.

The above is regarding the CC buttons, not the suede comment.

this is true arms.

warren yours was ok no?

i like suede and the leather ones look like they have come out of a 1994 cacked out starlett or something... bugger.

plusier i dont know the wheel diameter needed, even hopkins was unsure. pointless thread time! ;)

lbrench

ClioSport Club Member
  F250 6.7 / VW GLI.
why dont you do aomething like the r26r wheel, get it half leather half suade, the bits you use the most in leather and the bits that are hardly touched in suade. job done.

can sort of see it here

2719211595_9b70f872d0_o.jpg

i dont want an R26R wheel though, its not an R, but i know what your saying. i could get suede put over mine quite easily but that kind of defeats the whole idea.

i will probably go suede tbh as its a setup i like, small modded wheel, sparco or momo.

lbrench

ClioSport Club Member
  F250 6.7 / VW GLI.
i dont want an R26R wheel though, its not an R, but i know what your saying. i could get suede put over mine quite easily but that kind of defeats the whole idea.

i will probably go suede tbh as its a setup i like, small modded wheel, sparco or momo.

yeh wasnt saying get an r one, get the one you are looking at (one in the pic) but suede goes proper horrible after a month or so. so get it retrimmed, leather in bits you actually use and the bottom and top get in suede or alcantara

why dont you do aomething like the r26r wheel, get it half leather half suade, the bits you use the most in leather and the bits that are hardly touched in suade. job done.

can sort of see it here

2719211595_9b70f872d0_o.jpg
That idea is the balls, except instead of R26.R get TDK! Stitched in green the match the other bits on your car

people will... they look inside, she's an institution, whether its a hoe being disciplined or a RS geek I like to impress.

stop cluttering my thread with hot wheels anyway. you've all put me in a mood now! ;)

Black Clio GT
a nice 330mm wheel will work well naith, i wouldnt bother with flat bottom as when you fit buckets you will be sat lower anyway!!
unless you want the cruise control, dont bother with buttons but they are easy enough to add if you feel you cant live without it....

omp targa is what i used to have in the clio and it was a mint wheel and the suade lasted quite well (i wore matching material gloves on track and was very comfy with no slip and gave a great feel) looking at about £200 for one withn a boss kit and takes about 15mins to fit if you know which the horn wires are!!

Last edited:
  Turbos.
Flat bottomed wheels are for fags.

Suede ones are awesome. When they look tatty, you can bring them back with a proper clean and then just shave the bobbles off. For me, a nice steering wheel is a big part of the driving experience, after all, it's the one thing you're holding the whole time!

Black Clio GT
^ see this is what i like, some boy.

u free this weekend? i want to fit my sideskirts and heard your quite handy ;)

free tomorrow but not this weekend, working nights in tewksbury until next sat :-(

give me a shout when your going to btm and ill sneek off and pop up for a brew and banter lol