ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

The Dark Knight.... Progress Thread

430,911,M3,Exige,Wes
GREAT read! cooool car!

Definately change the wheel... we make the car 'feel' so much better I reckon. I have the Renault sport wheel in my Clio and love it...

If you wanna keep the CC (I would as well. Really like CC and it slows me down!)

Personally I would put CC buttons else where.... but you could mod one of the Renaultsport wheels or any wheel really. You could do it more like the one in clio... but do it subtly with black buttons. Or some black stealthy buttons with some Carbon or black metal behind it perhaps? I needed to add some buttons on my Westy Steering wheel... I put a strip of carbon behind. If the buttons were black you would hardly notice I reckon.

here are crap pics of my westy wheel so you can see what I mean
1f58b307.jpg

24581fa3.jpg

430,911,M3,Exige,Wes
Suede ones are awesome. When they look tatty, you can bring them back with a proper clean and then just shave the bobbles off. For me, a nice steering wheel is a big part of the driving experience, after all, it's the one thing you're holding the whole time!

Totally agree

cheers for the input guys :) as always means alot.

englebert and porkie sometimes im shocked as to why you'd even comment though, its a beat up megane and you too are driving exotica day in day out... haha i guess you like the passion hey?

as per the pic porkie, thats pretty much bob on for what i need/want (if your selling?! ;)) no but seriously yeh, i'm 99% certain it'll be suede and i defo want to get the CC into it somehow.

ForceIndia

ClioSport Club Member
  Gentlemans spec 200
cheers for the input guys :) as always means alot.

englebert and porkie sometimes im shocked as to why you'd even comment though, its a beat up megane and you too are driving exotica day in day out... haha i guess you like the passion hey?

as per the pic porkie, thats pretty much bob on for what i need/want (if your selling?! ;)) no but seriously yeh, i'm 99% certain it'll be suede and i defo want to get the CC into it somehow.

Naith, you know my cars get driven how they should. I'll pm you a pic of my omp wheel, and the state it ended up in with under 6months of use. You like it to look well, the suede will 100% piss you off on a regular basis.

ok seen as you all cried at suede ive got this...

Picture4copy.png

should be here in the week and the boss soon after, then i can butcher it with holes and buttons :)

a thirsty one
Naith - think i saw TDK parked up on a driveway near Glossop yesterday? missus house or has tdk got an imposter?

lbrench

ClioSport Club Member
  F250 6.7 / VW GLI.
Naith - think i saw TDK parked up on a driveway near Glossop yesterday? missus house or has tdk got an imposter?

There is another megane with green bits in Hyde so not far, it's a 1.6 with sport bumpers I think

unless the workshop in preston are ragging it about i hope not!

seeing alot of cars about with the same scheme recently... (well attempts at it) but im flattered if nothing else, i mean theres only one aint there ;)

aye i'm getting one as it stands mate, then only putting two holes in the wheel... although my plans may go out the window when the wheel actually arrives!

_WILL_

ClioSport Club Member
  172 Cup
I have had a bit of an idea, see what you think.

What about fitting the buttons on the back of the wheel, facing away from the driver. That way they will be hidden and won't ruin the look of the wheel, but it will be easy to use still. Will take a bit of work but could be really good once its done. Guess it depends on how much clearance the boss with give you, but I think it could work well!

how wierd... i was thinking that today driving to wales in the ignis... like on some sort of exotica.... i'd get pissed thinking it was my paddle shift though haha

no but seriously Will i will look into it, just need the wheel here so i can tinker innit :)

_WILL_

ClioSport Club Member
  172 Cup
how wierd... i was thinking that today driving to wales in the ignis... like on some sort of exotica.... i'd get pissed thinking it was my paddle shift though haha

no but seriously Will i will look into it, just need the wheel here so i can tinker innit :)

Cool, in my head its going to work perfectly, but in reality it may take a bit of doing. Originally I was thinking of suggesting having small paddles instead of the buttons, but thought it may lead to some unplanned rev limiter action!!

As for fitting the buttons I cant see it being too difficult, except for positioning them so they are actually hidden from view and not in the way for normal/spirited driving, but still easy to access when needed!

hiyoh,

sorry i've not updated but tbh not much has happened as i've been working, auditioning and keeping my head down so to speak.

games moving on with the megs now and alot of boys getting silly power and buying expensive tastes. i dont have much money and its not sob story believe me but i take my time, choose the right bits and little by little i will get there :)

been after a aftermarket wheel for a while, OMP is a brand i overlooked as i was being all 'sparco or nothing'... dunno why, this arrived today, and its obviously by no means top of the range but the difference, weight, positioning and build is nothing i could compare to the OEM setup.

i s**t myself though when the box showed up today, i thought it was a wheel for a bus!!

IMG00059-20100820-1311.gif

IMG00060-20100820-1313.gif

as you can see it is smaller too, boss on its way as we speak and some adapters so i cheekily run the CC buttons too, which is nice...

afew weeks ago i had my cracked windscreen from france seen too and also had a new front bumper fitted (you can see its clean and new in pic above), gone are the MASSIVE paintchips and sctratches, tears, wounds... it should only take me a few weeks to ruin this one. I also remounted the FMIC and the feeding vains.

out with old!!

IMG00017-20100728-1551.gif

no pics of the new, duh!

stuff is on the way, but i'm a firm believer in showing stuff when its done or fitted, not talking a game so thats why i've not really updated.

A few of the lads on MS have fitted 'forge' Recirv Valves, now i've always been happy with mine and i dont know why but never really had time for forge as a brand (which was silly of me as i've never seen theirr products to comment) but they report the car holds boost better and due to the agressive mapping its defo something i want, need. Was going to buy myself one today, but due to a trip to London yesterday i'm waiting till next week... come on the engine mods!

i'm off to find the fitting kit for my sideskirts which is lost in't garage and hoover the nail too, then to rob a bank for my seats and wheels ;)

cheers guys x

Naith, Forge 007p as the recirc is the product AudiSporters swear by, regardless of Big Turbo conversions etc. A must with anything mapped + you can get different spring rates to hold ze boooooooooost.

Naith, Forge 007p as the recirc is the product AudiSporters swear by, regardless of Big Turbo conversions etc. A must with anything mapped + you can get different spring rates to hold ze boooooooooost.

indeed, i will defo be partaking in such upgrade, apparently the megs td04 needs the yellow spring rating for the higher b00sting megs.

love it mate. My favourite meg by far. Waiting on my coilys arriving for mine:D

oft! cheeky boy! u gone for scottish?

ForceIndia

ClioSport Club Member
  Gentlemans spec 200
ergh, poverty :(

;) x

(tbh i've heard some very good things bout the h&r's, proper kit like!)

was meant to have the day out at oulton today, but my girlfriend, well i say that my now ex girlfriend was being nasty n moody so we knocked it on the head... i needed my petrol fix somehow so rang for mat-nos, oldhams finest fiddler(cars) and we decided to play...

a marsbar to whoever notices the change...

DSC_0177.jpg

2kgs saved ;)

whilst the car was jacked up we checked on my dead droplinks and tried to fix the centre heatshield which is rattling, on closer inspection one side of the shield the bolts have totally been sheared off, i think this may be the train track i hit in france at erm speed.

DSC_0161.jpg

i will sort it next week mind, clamp something to the remainders or weld some new plates on, we'll see.

about 5 months ago i was bought skirts that have just been sat there, i never had the chance to fit them but mat offered them up today and we cracked on...

haiiii

DSC_0144.jpg

DSC_0157-1.jpg

DSC_0159.jpg

DSC_0198.jpg

DSC_0196.jpg

i cannot wait to clear some small debts over the next few weeks and get saving for some FAT motorsport wheels :)

i have created a detailed graph with red.dot and pmsl performance below to illustrate the fluid dynamics vs the output of the Co ed boost. the vorticies created by the darwin sideskirts now gives me 2% more downforce than a 197 diffuser maintained on cam with the f4r output at 20% AFR=PS3xzomg whilst upside down .

wlrgi8.jpg

so all in all a good day, loss of partner, a subway bought by matt, 1.69 spent on a rubber grommet and the car looking mean, hi5.

thankyou

The Boosh!

ClioSport Admin
  Elise, Duster
Looks like a car a paedo would drive.

I really like it though :approve: Is the carbon bonnet new?

ForceIndia

ClioSport Club Member
  Gentlemans spec 200
Come down next weekend. Going drinking in a posh area with lots of posh bints. I'll bring the brummy spanner monkey. Missing ya xx.

ForceIndia

ClioSport Club Member
  Gentlemans spec 200
Oh christ do it. We may have a house to stay in FOC. Several friends out, including an ex (we were together when this enterprising lad called adolf went nuts).