ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

The Dark Knight.... Progress Thread

ForceIndia

ClioSport Club Member
  Gentlemans spec 200
thats providing a cheap unit comes up, the crank, chamber and cons are apparently fine, turbos good too... but i'm still in limbo, might just drop an egg into it, oh wait...

I'd just be gutted for you to spend a fortune on a 'maybe' fix and for it to end up dying as a result.

Either way, free to lend a hand whenever required.

yeh sounds fun. well not fun, but you know... :)

in the mean time i iz going to buy a forge recirc valve, lads on MS are raving about them..

ForceIndia

ClioSport Club Member
  Gentlemans spec 200
yeh sounds fun. well not fun, but you know... :)

in the mean time i iz going to buy a forge recirc valve, lads on MS are raving about them..

Don't forget, I need a new intercooler for the 200. Not happy with the standard one.

ForceIndia

ClioSport Club Member
  Gentlemans spec 200
hahaha, somethings up with the wastegate on your 200. not sure if the turbos spinning up properly like.

Apparently there's f**k all compression in cyl6???? Wtf, you think you've got problems.

ForceIndia

ClioSport Club Member
  Gentlemans spec 200
Just sorted the Meg. You know what? It will decimate all... after we put about fifteen grand or more under the hood. If we have to, overnight some parts from Dieppe.

BMW M135i
And I thought my clutch/flywheel was a shitter :(. Might me lucky and it could just be the headgasket fingers crossed! Especially with the lower compression and coolant loss might just be a breach between a fire ring and the water jacket. It'd probably live to fight another day with a bit of remedial work if so.

And I thought my clutch/flywheel was a s**tter :(. Might me lucky and it could just be the headgasket fingers crossed! Especially with the lower compression and coolant loss might just be a breach between a fire ring and the water jacket. It'd probably live to fight another day with a bit of remedial work if so.

^this x infinity... what you said is what paul said, my sh1t knowledge just didnt know how to put it into my blog, head off, new 'flat bit' and seals, look at the cams, pistons, etc, glue together, boost.

Black Clio GT
as per my text, instant thought was the head gasket has gone!!
gutted mate, it will be back bigger, better and faster :)

Merc A class
i boost him anyway on the straights lol

lets just clarify this to the CS masses, if you are talking about the occasion naithan put his foot down in 6th and you were waiting behind in 4th then your point is wasted.

I'd also consider the fact that naithan has spent the last few pages explaining how his 6 year old 225 has technically only 3 cylinders... 3 cylinders and he still made you look like a boy on a roundabout without trying, i cant wait to get the clio sorted to cam your face off on track next year, like you i've taken alot of tips from naith ;)

pwnt <3

no update i hear ya'll scream... NOT

well... spent the whole of sunday pumping the tyres up, fitting bits and bobs and jump starting the old girl for the norfbest meet. After 2 full cannisters of coolant she got home safely and conked out on the drive. luckily it happened at the best time as she's now ready to go to BTM and ripped to shreds.

5155308820_3f02b00925.jpg

Picture by Riad Ariane.

she'll come out a very different car.

cant say how long it will take but i wont have her back until i have an engine fully fitted, decatted and with a limited slip diff inside her... whilst away the car will be stripped back and a single raceseat fitted. As i will still use the car on the road i will be keeping the passenger seat (The original renaultsport one, passengers/nana need comfort)

the brakes will be off and i'll ask for some new rear disks, the rears have never been 100%, bedding them in at silverstone didnt help... fluids flushed and i will continue in my quest to find some 'proper wheels. I'm also fitting a 197 front splitter unless i can find a decent flat one much akin to the one that goes on the V6 clio..

Also asked for a steering wheel boss for my birthday so i can get the OMP wheel fitted and toss the airbag to the side.

oh and here's the new brake caliper design, going onto powder coated lime green calipers, was gonna keep it secret but sod it i cant.... (thanks alexC)

G1rKD.jpg

i'll keep people posted, as soon as i know more.

Last edited by a moderator:
nothing lol, just cut the other one out and put my usual border in, every pic in my thread has to have it FYI ;)

car looks amazing i know!!11! u can help me build the csl type air ram i'm going to have too love

DCi 100
CSL type what? Why don't you just drive it without the f**king bumper on?

I'm not in a good f**king mood ATM. Pics or it didn't happen. Carbon or fibreglass?

Lionel Richie
i actually don't want to work on it, its going to be a pain in the arse!

will be back with 350bhp + 19inch OZ ultras soon enough :D