ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

The Dark Knight.... Progress Thread

As said, I wouldn't go for the polycarb windows, I don't think it'll be worth the negligable weight saving compared to the hassle of scratching and discolouration.

yeh i was talking with warren about that today actually, and 'richngem' the other week.

they both said they could easily do them for me, equal to 26R standards but i do NOT want it too be like some rip off for starts and just prefer the glass tbh, it wont flex and/or scratch. and being stripped its loud enough without removing the glass!

there's the insurance element and i need to find a happy medium, i'd love it one seated with aircon ripped out and a carbon boot but its simply just not feasable.

A4 Avant
Lol, you do have to draw the line somewhere. It'd be very easy to make it unuseable for daily driving.

Hadn't thought about the insurance side of things really.

Barge
looking well Naith. nice new addition. :approve:

glad to see superignis is still in one piece. love to teh gaynorz.

Lol, you do have to draw the line somewhere. It'd be very easy to make it unuseable for daily driving.

Hadn't thought about the insurance side of things really.

i mean she's a b**ch now anyway but i live with it, wouldnt usually be that bothered insurance wise but you have to draw the line dont you...

thankies gem x
and i learnt well from you winstonia <3

oh hai bex, teh superignis is ready for the durham-a-thon tbqfh, green light from teh gaynorz pending, standard xx

ForceIndia

ClioSport Club Member
  Gentlemans spec 200
Looks fit. I'm gonna post that pic of Riad after I fucked his mouf at McDonalds. Jizz, just everywhere.

ForceIndia

ClioSport Club Member
  Gentlemans spec 200
Looks fit. I'm gonna post that pic of Riad after I f**ked his mouf at McDonalds. Jizz, just everywhere.
19032009482.jpg

PMSL!!!! hooknob for the win!

'ive just spat my tea everywhere'

bless him, he keeps asking me if he can have another driving lesson in the meg...

lol, AYE, u pikey u cut off the ends!! ;)

doesnt half help pin the front down at speed tho....

reminds me i have about a months worth of progress to write up tbh

few weeks ago I spent the day fitting a caf from tweeks.

TDKDayNight006.jpg

TDKDayNight018.jpg

TDKDayNight008.jpg

its not for show so got it in black and fitted it behind the bumper, since the pics it has moved ever so slightly but i'll sort that when the front bumpers off, ended up cutting .5kg of plastic out of the bumper, no need for it there, well if there was then tough,

TDKDayNight034.jpg

its bought temps down but as you can see i need a race battery to get the full effect as it now sits under the battery and doesnt flow at 100%

TDKDayNight025.jpg

TDKDayNight010.jpg

TDKDayNight015.jpg

regardless it will do for now and replaces the shocking cold air pick up the megane has as standard.

TDKDayNight027.jpg

TDKDayNight036.jpg

TDKDayNight049.jpg

the day proper shredded my hands, im talking like i'd been using a razor blade as a stress ball, all part of the fun mind.

April @ ISTS

Saturday 11th April, we went off to ISTS for the weekend to promote FCS2009, I had no intention of running the car on track as the front wheel bearings arent 100% and the front discs are on their way out and I put 235 Mich pilots on the back that are totally different to what im used too.

quick call to icarus and fred

fred: i wouldnt go out no, but i know your not even gonna listen to me anyway

Icarus: errrr should hold up, if your wheel comes off just really yank at the steering wheel as you'll still have one wheel steer remember...

:eek:

but alas, my silly side got the better of me and I decide to go on track against some serious metal, so tape the front up, up the pressures and out i go, worried the car will fall to pieces or get shown up.....

well, during the first session I passed 6 evos, 2 skylines, an M3, S4 (running 500bhp apparently), typre R, DC5 and numerous track slags.

this isnt me being the big I am, I was just as shocked as the car seemed to fly past everything in sight. the only thing to pass me was a race prepped ferrari, how i grinned as he made me look like i was standing still.

the car defo turned some heads that day, i came in shaking from what just happened, and didnt stop smiling for a good few hours.

ItS646.jpg

ItS469.jpg

later on in the day i stood on the wall talking to some marshalls, they asked what I was in and one said 'oh that bloody loud one'... long story short they said I could go out on track and basically threw me a helmet...!

out in the session the tyres werent as happy as first but I passed another M3 and two old boys in full race garb in a Fiesta ST, they wouldnt let me past and if im honest were driving dangerously.

I knew a lad in a meg F1 was out as i'd been telling him about the track before hand and after a quick pull into the pits for riad to check on the hosing i went straight back out behind an evo 8 chasing down my pal in the F1.... into the K.curves the evo was really hassling the meg (boot full of ice), the meg pulled over to let the evo past and as the evo past I went past the evo.

andy in the meg said he nearly crashed laughing so much, I gotta admit the feeling was like nothing else, i took an S3 and an AC 3 series and a brilliant little AX before I had next to no fuel left and came in. job done

how we laughed on the way home as all the show cars bombed past us on CC at 58mph :D

ItS435.jpg

next up coilovers, new parada2's all round and new rear rebuild of boot floor, exhaust and new rear bumper (thank you ring and ride for hitting me)

ItS478.jpg

Ian

Focus TDCi
TDKDayNight049.jpg

Is that in Worsley? Looks familiar? Good progress pal, really is a beast of a car.

Oh and +1 for the passenger window love. ;)

tis indeed, when i have no effort i take it to the dealers there, i mean cleaners and clean it with them, eccles styley!

always stop in worsley to see 'sy16v' and wax her off in front of the toffs and let riad run about on the fields ;)

always welcome in her ian <3 just watch the window