ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

The Dark Knight.... Progress Thread

Snotter's
sorry that was directed at the r26 boys aswell, they seem to have a good setup at rs tuning and i would have taken my s3 there had they had 4wd rollers.

quite fancy a red or black r26.

ahh just in my progress thread thought u directed it at me ;) lol

he's got a 4wd system in now matey, bob in or give him a bell. defo worth a visit :)

05 IO 182 cup
Just read your whole thread Mr Naith. I have a soft spot for this car which I'm sure you already know :). Keep up the good work!!

have a hard spot for this car especially the fahookin sound it makes - its niccceeee (borat stylee) - keep up the good work Naith :cool::cool: have sort of given up on mine for now after she was keyed :( i want a vee next

TDK ftw

one step forward.... fifty back..?

I was aiming for this too be a moving forward thread, but then i remembered i have a renault.

Anyhoooo at the NW meet on Sunday the window regulator fully failed both sides

passanger down - drivers up... detailed here http://www.cliosport.net/forum/showthread.php?t=392935

lots of help was shown by members as always and i drove to sy's (sy16v) on sunday night to get the doorcard off..... in the snow, with a blanket round me...

anyhoo, it just wasn't happening, his dad quickly fabricated me a polycarb window, that was infact a perfect fit!, we tapped it up and i went home to cry. all sunday night with the snow i was worried but nothing seemed to get into the car.

today I drove all of 5 miutes to winstons as he said he was free and i needed my window jamming up... who else to call but the 'king of the rig'.

i pull up and he's tinkering with the 5 on a main road, as you do.

Ghettodoor5.jpg

instantly taking a like to my polycarb window, we set about pulling the most awkward doorcard off in the world. i had started on sunday night but gave up... talk about a ballache. I imagine to a renault tech it would be easy but it was stuck fast...!

Winst was looking for more leverage as we had removed pretty much everything we could...

ghettodoor4.jpg

i got annoyed and ripped it off (which in hindsight was all we needed to do) :D

Ghettodoor3.jpg

we wondered whether the car had a new door as there was a ghetto style sticker on the interior. you would never see writing in the UK like below (unless its my dad writing) and obviously the GB gives it away too... so yes we realised it was original and cracked on.

Ghettodoor2.jpg

winston disconnected the motor, I dealt with the plug and plays and the whole doorcard eventually came off from the wires and connectors. As the motor in effect turns a wheel i turned the wheel manually whilst winston pulled the window up, it stayed up.

the car door basically looks like this now (minus the white box and thick wiring loom which is hidden)

Ghettodoor1.jpg

The problem being now, I actually like it, carbon door skins with some of the parts put back in, maybe with manual winders? keep it stripped and use manual winders? put it back to OEM or electronics all in but with no doorcard.

all depends on what money I can muster and if I do any of the above (bar OEM) it will mean pulling the driverside out too. but this will need to be done as the regulator on the drivers has gone too... god bless renault!

Ghettodoor.jpg

the car has stripped rear interior now, like last summer, and will be in the garage within the next 14 days to have a new boot floor, rear bumper and the exhaust remounted after a Ring&ride hit me whilst stationary. the yellow decals will also be changing. :)

thanks for reading & cheers to all who offered advice on sorting it.

astra coupe on coilovers
wonderd why you had your windows down driving down worsley road when it was about minus bloody 4 lol

loving the motor dude really am
just wondering whats the difference from the r26 and the standard meggy???

cheers matey :)

the R26 has a different rear setup, springs, an LSD unit, drilled disks and 5 ps gain over the 225 (standard)

the meg range is awkward as everything can be interchanged and messed about with from the 225 full fat (which mine originally was) upto the ultra hard R26R. i have parts off the R26, cup, trophy, R26R and one or two clio bits haha

its the LSD (limited slip differential) that makes the difference between them mostly tho, there is little things but for the sake of babbling they are little

Re: one step forward.... fifty back..?

:nono: "I challenge you to a rigging duel"

...then we will see who is king, brick-tek y00 ;)

The rigging force was the strongest i had seen in any young jedi and i taught you all i knew.... but you turned to the darkside... using your rigging for evil :quiet:

Brick-tek is unbeatable TBH:approve:

now this is a quest i would like to see and indeed participate in.... jord has the power of brick tek utilising his blue eyes as a mighty weapon where as winston propels himself with the force from a million crushed PAS sensors..

wtf (before anyone else says it)

and tbh you were my first port of call for tippage this morning foxinator x

alien green rs133
should start a points system,

5 points for every piece of ducktape or cable tie
10 for every part fixed with a hammer etc
25 for pieces of wood :D

bodge/rig-up championship

should start a points system,

5 points for every piece of ducktape or cable tie
10 for every part fixed with a hammer etc
25 for pieces of wood :D

bodge/rig-up championship

what about brick though? thats gotta be an easy 50...

if so im on brick x 2, just for one rig :cool:

chris owes me a PC anyway after his attempts at lowering my window!

so when shes all cleaned up and looking sexy, memories of rat/rig and dirty nails will be but a distant memory!

Clio 182
love this mate... remember seeing it at fcs...youve inspired me to do the same yellow/black combo.

lil update, been working last week or so, which is poo but had a day with her today.

purchased some more oil from opie today, checked engine mounts (i'm going to replace them as she's getting pounded this season) and continued with the weight strip.

the car is awaiting a new rear bumper and zorst reallignment, when thats done the cage will be going in, but until then im stuck about doing anything major (unless warren gives me his CR splitter or some K&Ws just happen to show up.

managed to get about 2KG of weight out just with all the sound deadening, not much but all adds up. ive made alot of inroads in other areas and still 50/50 on whether to remove a/c pump... ive used it twice i think tops!

so today was just about getting the rear ready for a spray, mostly consisted of removing side rear carpet and blooming tar. a few foam coverings with hole in too (just into the chassis)

DSC00278.jpg

DSC00275.jpg

DSC00277.jpg

DSC00279.jpg

below shows the main points of removal today (purple dots), surprising how much tar was there in hidden areas, cars not exactly quiet anyway so its all out now

DSC00274.jpg

took her out tonight and the sound was bordering on rediculous, me n riad just looked at eachother and grinned like kids, anyone who has a ride soon will do the same i hope :)

i know the seats need to go asap, they are a pain and doing my nut... but things take time.

these also arrived today, nothing special i know but getting some sparco bits in soon so thought i'd spruce the pedals up as they look... 'used'

2bfd_1.jpg

fitting tomorrow

Ali

V6, Trackhawk, GTS
Pedals may be fun to fit...Depends where the metal is behind the pedal. IIRC you have to angle the clutch pedal to make it fit!