ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

The Dark Knight.... Progress Thread

then off to the campsite to drink and decide to fit my new brakes onto the rear. thanks to richngem, jono n stevie for all their efforts.

DSC_0567.jpg

Wow. That looks familiar!

Rich; "where's the bloody locking wheel nut key?!!"
Jamie; "Noooo iiiiidea lad"

;)

lolchops.

tried fiting it at northbest meet yesterday and FAILED. i can do it today if i can shift this hangover, although that wont be its final fit as it needs to come back out for spraying and i need some mounting plates at the front as in a roll/crash its gonna rip through the chassis in its current guise.

LOL @ ur car name x

update time, god its been a while.

truth be told with work being quiet and the weather bad i kind of left the car to fester. theres a huge crack in the windscreen and she needs bits n bobs doing so i simply couldnt be arsed so to speak.

last week I went to oulton park with our riad to let him do some shots and test out kevo's 197. so i half heartedly cleaned her and we tootled off to cheshire. ive been driving my mums car since november and the second i got back into the meg everything made sense again. i was grinning ear to ear.

go to oulton just as a mate of mine unfortunately binned his 106, due to him not using his track time he simply said... you taking the meg out naith then?

never one to turn down a session i took the car out in what can only be described as a monsoon. there was actual ankle deep pudles on the track and i hadnt set the car up and was totally unprepared. but i got a few laps in and she somehow didnt get black flagged due to her 'vocal' aspects ;)

DSC_0588.jpg

the ABS was throwing a hissy fit and triggering the ESP too under heavy braking making the car wobble so i came in and hooned about in kevs instead.

whilst on track or even on the way home maybe something has hit the radiator, ive lost all coolant but its not severe so i'll sort that in a few weeks when I replace the windscreen and make some changes to the front bumper.

had my mate misterc over this weekend for a clubbing sess so we decided to give the cars a good clean and tidy them up, i'm having my cage welded in at BTM within the next few weeks so i've just left it lying about. was so nice yesterday I thought sod it n fitted it. granted its gotta come out for it to be sprayed the plates and welds to be put in but its all bolted in for now and looks good.

i've carpeted it but forgot to do an interior shot when fitted, duuuur, so will tomorow

DSC_7459.jpg

this weekend made me remember why I'm a car enthusiast, people looking and asking questions when its just a crappy renault!?!? feels so nice and makes the work worthwhile

4335733597_bb5d3a4c40_b.jpg

4336482842_708bd2d600_b.jpg

still more things to come, yes i know i need a race seat... and loads of other things. if anyone wants to lend me the money feel free ;)

yeh been thinking about that scottish, saw a DC5 with a sticker plate today and smoothed front end, not sure on the law (hai seb) but it's something I defo want to do.

cheers all

warren, other splitter ripped off on the motorway at 100+ pulled bumper off and I drove over it. to say i was pissed off would be an understatement.

Are you getting buckets for it son? You doing any RS trackdays this yr?

yeh defo, to start it might just have to be one, as i tend to remove passenger for track anyway but its kind of the next logical step, cant have it all done up and with some old skool 'kruizzin' seats.

RS days yeh, not sure which but i am, need to fire JT an email, for some reason i really want to do spa and thruxton :D

Ali

V6, Trackhawk, GTS
Thuxton...corner, corner, corner....Flat out for the lap, corner...Lap done! It's boring man. Spa fo real! awesome!

Black Clio GT
stunning as always mate, sorted that bullet hole out yet lol??
lookin forward to seeing it on the 21st....

Thuxton...corner, corner, corner....Flat out for the lap, corner...Lap done! It's boring man. Spa fo real! awesome!

yeh i think its playing it on toca as a kid and watching the clios and btcc cars around it thats put an idea about thrux being amazing in my head... when infact it'll probs be turd. spa for sure though, until then i've got trafford park to play with (havent i warren ;) )

i NEED to be back at Donington asap too, i adore the place

ForceIndia

ClioSport Club Member
  Gentlemans spec 200
Trafford park ffs. No-one can lap that quicker than you. No-one's crazy enough.