ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

The everlasting ph1 ITB Build **GREEN-BUILD STARTS AT PAGE 100**

TrackCar & F30 330d
Yeh f**k that circus s**t :)

I am taking a big box of looms to Matt, having a coffee, choosing my heat shrink type and then leaving him to it :) I hate electronics with a passion.

What sort of price is that costing?

PM me if you need to. I may need to do the same with mine :(

Nafoff

ClioSport Club Member
I need a really good conversation with matt about my looms and how it will all work, now i will be running a digi-dash i should be able to loose the standard ecu therefore i can possibly also loose my pigggy back TDF / standard loom...

Will be talking to him this week hopefully

TrackCar & F30 330d
I need a really good conversation with matt about my looms and how it will all work, now i will be running a digi-dash i should be able to loose the standard ecu therefore i can possibly also loose my pigggy back TDF / standard loom...

Will be talking to him this week hopefully

Yeah i will probebly ring him during next week and see what he can offer. I can wire my brake lights to work and wiper motor i just need to know how i get it to turn over so it can start.

Qashcow
Having ripped a load of sensors out and starting the wiring myself, including the drawing of the wiring diagram it isn't as difficult as I first made it out to be. Just got to treat each loom at separate items and figure the only sensors that are needed to control/run the ecu.

The learning bit was the hard part though :( Matt is a very patient man

Nafoff

ClioSport Club Member
so amongst all the will it won't it work i still need to loose these extra connectors, so just reposting this with what we seem to have distinguished the plugs may be... sound about right???
any help again very welcome....

Passenger Rear loom - Midway along - Grey Plug and Clear Plug - SPEAKERS???
IMG_0771.jpg

Passenger Rear loom - Midway along - Black Plug - SPEAKERS???
IMG_0772.jpg

Main Loom - Passenger side (i think) - Black 6-point Plug - DOOR SENSOR????
IMG_0774.jpg

Main Loom - Near Ignition - Purple 6-point Plug - BRAKE PEDAL SWITCH???
IMG_0775.jpg

Main Loom - Near Ignition - Black 8-point Plug - DOES NOTHING???
IMG_0776.jpg

Main Loom - Drivers side - Midway along - Grey 3-point Plug - SPEAKERS???
IMG_0777.jpg

Main Loom - Centre Console - Black with Cover - OBD PORT???
IMG_0778.jpg

Main Loom - Centre Console - Black Female Plug - HEATER???
IMG_0779.jpg

Clio 1.2 mk2
100_3621.jpg

100_3649.jpg

Hey mate, this has probably been asked before but would take me weeks to find the answer. What induction kit did you use and where did you source the yellow ends? Were they part of the set, and about how much were they?

Thinking of doing something similar.

Any help/info would be greatly appreciated.
Thanks, Jack

Nafoff

ClioSport Club Member
Hey mate, this has probably been asked before but would take me weeks to find the answer. What induction kit did you use and where did you source the yellow ends? Were they part of the set, and about how much were

hi jack, this air feed was just feeding the standard phase 1 172 airbox. There is alot of conversation on here about what is best but it is quite widely known that the phase 1 172 or espace V6 are extremely good, possibly with an aftermarket filter inside, like an ITG.
The trumpets were bought second hand but i believe they are pipercross items, these come in silver but i got them re-painted yellow to match other items on the car.

Clio 1.2 mk2
hi jack, this air feed was just feeding the standard phase 1 172 airbox. There is alot of conversation on here about what is best but it is quite widely known that the phase 1 172 or espace V6 are extremely good, possibly with an aftermarket filter inside, like an ITG.
The trumpets were bought second hand but i believe they are pipercross items, these come in silver but i got them re-painted yellow to match other items on the car.

Thanks, thats great. Would I be able to source the air feed from a renault spares site or just have to happen upon them with someone selling?
Again that's awesome thanks mate. Oh and the car is freaking amazing!

Nafoff

ClioSport Club Member
Thanks, thats great. Would I be able to source the air feed from a renault spares site or just have to happen upon them with someone selling?

You will need to source the bits, none are renault items...
you will need the trumpet's, various companies make them, it may be worth looking on demon tweeks or something as i know they do them.
you will also need to look for the ducting, again demon tweeks do this

thanks for the kind words...

Nafoff

ClioSport Club Member
UPDATE:

this morning, (i know, already) i have trimmed the left over plugs off the loom and traced the wires back and removed them, leaving the ones that we named above as important.... mainly the brake one..
so i have these 2 that we don't seem to know what it does, i really need to know if anyone can help as the loom needs to be done asap...

Main Loom - Passenger side (i think) - Black 6-point Plug -
IMG_0774.jpg

^^^this was suggested to me that it was a door sensor but i know this is not the case as i still have these and they are also on the looms that run down each side of the car.

Main Loom - Near Ignition - Black 8-point Plug -
IMG_0776.jpg

^^^this was suggested to me that it does nothing already, if this could be confirmed that would be great...

on the note of the door sensors above, i am right in thinking i don't need them anymore? i will be running manual locking and no interior lights etc etc, can anyone confirm this?

172 Race Car

You will need to source the bits, none are renault items...
you will need the trumpet's, various companies make them, it may be worth looking on demon tweeks or something as i know they do them.
you will also need to look for the ducting, again demon tweeks do this

thanks for the kind words...
piercross do a cold air feed kit
. A bit of pipe and 2 trumpets. Cut the pipe in half and you have one for each side.

75mm is the size we use.

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk for example

Yeh f**k that circus s**t :)

I am taking a big box of looms to Matt, having a coffee, choosing my heat shrink type and then leaving him to it :) I hate electronics with a passion.

HAHA... yup i`m taking this approach too..

"here you are matt.. throw some raychem on that and give me a bell when its done....."

Nafoff

ClioSport Club Member
and learn nothing? nah, would rather learn something along the way....

UPDATE:

this morning, (i know, already) i have trimmed the left over plugs off the loom and traced the wires back and removed them, leaving the ones that we named above as important.... mainly the brake one..
so i have these 2 that we don't seem to know what it does, i really need to know if anyone can help as the loom needs to be done asap...

Main Loom - Passenger side (i think) - Black 6-point Plug -
IMG_0774.jpg

^^^this was suggested to me that it was a door sensor but i know this is not the case as i still have these and they are also on the looms that run down each side of the car.

Main Loom - Near Ignition - Black 8-point Plug -
IMG_0776.jpg

^^^this was suggested to me that it does nothing already, if this could be confirmed that would be great...

on the note of the door sensors above, i am right in thinking i don't need them anymore? i will be running manual locking and no interior lights etc etc, can anyone confirm this?

so after chatting with a few people including THe matt faulks of TDF fame i will be removing these 2 plugs, we are all pretty sure they do nothing (or nothing important...lol)
whilst removing these i will also be removing the door sensors, i will not be running central locking or anything (no point) so won't be needing them either....

keep your eyse out over the next month or so, updates will hopefully be coming thick and fast

Nafoff

ClioSport Club Member
ah.... freaking awesome, right, better get onto samco for some more yellow hose then...
get the windscreen, blower/heater and roof scoop up for sale

ORDERING: one of these
sam_elbow-180-y.jpg

and one of these
sam_joiner-alloy.jpg

that all i need then?

finally got round to ordering these as i will attacking the car over the next few weeks, sure i already have some good hose clips so didn't need them,

Evo 5 RS
cool bananas

As I say mate, rather you than me when it comes to splicing the loom lol. Sure you'll be just fine though .. hopefully! ;)

Nafoff

ClioSport Club Member
cool bananas, As I say mate, rather you than me when it comes to splicing the loom lol. Sure you'll be just fine though .. hopefully! ;)

after removing those last few wires they will be left as i have shown them, just masked together, they will then go back in the car like that (after paint) so it can run, once thats all done i will be off up to matt, once up there the loom will come back out and he will re-work that loom so that the new dash goes in...jobs a good'un

will probably have my engine loom done at that point again too to slim it down

Nafoff

ClioSport Club Member
INTERIOR LOOM COMPLETE:
sat down last night and finished off the interior loom. I removed the door sensors, and the plugs that we didn't know what they went to, from all of these i tracked the wires back, i then removed them from the connectors.
As i was removing pins from connectors i then looked at the other side of the connectors, tracked the missing pins back to the wires that were now not going to anything the other side of the connectors and then removed them... a fair bit more gone (will update with pics shortly)

something that instilled confidence in myself last night was that i was working at various ends of the loom and then tracking wires back through, i was tracking a series of about 4-5 wires and when i got near the end and pulled them they were the same wires i had cut at the oppisite end of the loom, i see this as only being a good thing and meaning that they were ok to come out... we will see.

loom is all (masking) taped up and ready to work out routing back in the car.

Nafoff

ClioSport Club Member
on another note my life situation has changed of recent (this could effect a few other things too) and in the next few weeks i have a real nasty commute ahead of me. I will be doing around 112 miles daily. As much as i love the passat i will be filling it back up every 3rd day, and at £70 per tank its not really viable.

I am considering selling it and getting some kind of small diesel, clio, 106 or something.
I am unsure what i would get for the passat but £2k with all the bits still on would be nice...

whats peoples thoughts on the clio's or anything else... suggestions?

172 Race Car
206 1.4 HDI like I had, 71mpg was my record. Did 55mpg all day long driving it like you stole it and bigger than a Clio. £30 road tax and £200 to insure for us

340i
206 1.4 HDI like I had, 71mpg was my record. Did 55mpg all day long driving it like you stole it and bigger than a Clio. £30 road tax and £200 to insure for us

That is brilliant... being old FTW!

I was going to be a cheap 1.1 pug 106, third party insurance worked out at £600, 23yr old, 5yrs NCB etc.!! :dead:

172 Race Car
Cheeky fookers, im only 32 and we had that car for 4 years. Never paid more than £230 to insure it. Dave has been in it, he knows why the insurance was cheap. Quicker to walk sometimes

Nafoff

ClioSport Club Member
funny that an update, not about project car in question, gets the most replies of late...lol

Car swap with Naomi for a bit?

probably not optional mate, naomi's isn't that much better, it all kind of depends how long it takes us to move, but in the passat i would be spending around £100 on petrol a week....

Nafoff

ClioSport Club Member
I am also contemplating breaking the 172,

its really not something i want to do but i am kind of stuck in limbo.
as mentioned above things have recently taken a change in my life, initially i am commuting but then i am going to have to move.

currently the clio is in a mates unit that i pay £40 a month for, it still needs a fair bit of work which will need money outlayed, money that i am finding out i probably won't or don't have due to commuting or moving house, i can't leave the car in that unit as that will cost me money also and i won't have time to get back to work on it....

i either sell up everything or try and push money in now and get it into a state to take with me....