ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

The everlasting ph1 ITB Build **GREEN-BUILD STARTS AT PAGE 100**

Nafoff

ClioSport Club Member
UPDATE: day 3

I was going to be going down and working on the car today, but due to unforeseen circumstances this didn't happen. So rather than just sitting in the sun picking my bum i managed to get on with a few other bits.
As said the other day i took all the battery cable bits to an auto electricians, i collected these yesterday, not only did i have to tolerate the fu*king weed smoking hippy idiots of glastonbury to do this but i also felt like i got bent over on the price....not to mention the PCSO kindly informing me of the fact i had no front plate on the passat... thanks for that...

anyways today i took the battery cable bits and gave them a good clean up as they were filthy...
before:
IMG_0834.jpg

and after, from top to bottom:
- main battery cable from engine bay to battery (live)
- battery cable earth
- in car battery cable with anderson connector
- exterior battery cable with anderson connector (should i ever need to boost/charge the battery)

IMG_0835.jpg

i said i got bent over but it is a good job, all the connections are soldered and crimped so i shouldn't have problems in the future...
next up was my headlights then, i spotted that jay and tony had done this with the burpspeed car and with this one hopefully going a bit darker in colour i think these will look much better once done.

so first up i needed to split the headlights down, all bulbs were removed,
IMG_0827.jpg

IMG_0828.jpg

5 mins at gas mark 6,
IMG_0829.jpg

and they split down pretty quickly,
IMG_0830.jpg

i then masked them all up (dunno why i done this, this early but oh well, it protects the glass lense in the central optic i spose)
IMG_0831.jpg

IMG_0833.jpg

once both were split down i then spent all afternoon sanding the lenses down with some 240grit, nice and smooth and have lost all the reflective silver,
IMG_0860.jpg

IMG_0861.jpg

and both done,
IMG_0862.jpg

IMG_0863.jpg

they will be going satin black or maybe even the same colour as the car, we will see, i am happy with this afternoons work, at least it wasn't wasted...
I also spoke to my friendly midlands mechanic today and hopefully my new exhaust will be in next week... my new target is to get it running and at the painters before the 3 weeks is out...

Daniel

ClioSport Moderator
  Whichever has fuel
That is the most amazing lawn i've seen! Do you use greenthumb at all? (srs question)

Qashcow
I'll be willing to camp in the street just to see your face when you open the door dan!

Looks good Neil, shame you got bent over by the car sparky. Front lights look great too, might have to get involved and follow the burpspeed way

Nafoff

ClioSport Club Member
I told you I would give you some stuff for your lawn,anyway I spotted a weed.

again, i will tell the gardener, although he was about today so i am unsure when he will be back again...

Looks good Neil, shame you got bent over by the car sparky. Front lights look great too, might have to get involved and follow the burpspeed way

i was informed that i probably wasn't bent over, i just thought it was expensive, oh well, its done now. happy with the results so far

Nafoff

ClioSport Club Member
so not much has happened on the clio again since, well nothing infact, prior to these 3 weeks i thought i was going to be on it constantly but there is just no point, i don't think there is enough to do, hopefully next week will be different though, if my plans are correct, i should be collecting my exhaust this week, along with my airbox again, as soon as i have those they will be going on the car,

next up are the bits from demon tweeks (see below)

ORDERING: one of these
sam_elbow-180-y.jpg

and one of these
sam_joiner-alloy.jpg

finally got round to ordering these as i will attacking the car over the next few weeks, sure i already have some good hose clips so didn't need them,

ordered well over 2 weeks ago... and i still haven't received them, i will be chasing this tomorrow. i think this is the last thing i will be waiting for, once i have this i can get the car all plugged and plumbed in and hopefully running, then it will be off to the paintshop

Nafoff

ClioSport Club Member
and they won't be coming until the end of june.... great
also may have to hold off a little on the exhaust and airbox,

either way i don't think it will be started in a weeks time

Qashcow
Royal pita, not able to cancel the order and buy the bits off eBay? I know you can't do that with the airbox mind

Nafoff

ClioSport Club Member
Royal pita, not able to cancel the order and buy the bits off eBay? I know you can't do that with the airbox mind

have organised a date for airbox collection and this and that so will not be getting it running beforehand,
may be best that way anyways as i can really take my time on re-assembly then anyways....

TrackCar & F30 330d
Tut that's a bit of a bummer that the bits havnt arrived, I just bought my pipes and bits from eBay. Once you get it running you'll feel tonnes happier

Nafoff

ClioSport Club Member
Tut that's a bit of a bummer that the bits havnt arrived, I just bought my pipes and bits from eBay. Once you get it running you'll feel tonnes happier

knows, am over to my painter friends for grub tonight, will sweet talk him and hopefully get it in there first,
then by the time its done i will have found a house with a garage and it can be trailered straight there, then i will set about getting it running.... who knows...lol

Nafoff

ClioSport Club Member
So over some sweet and sour chicken balls and hong kong style pork the painting was discussed. My mate confirmed that it should be fine to get the clio over to his bodyshop by the end of next week. That way things can crack on whilst i start my new job and look for a new house etc.

So there are a few little things to do,
1. Remove the last excess metal from the drivers footwell
2. Drill hole in firewall for dash loom
3. Possibly cut remainder from doors (opinions on this?)

4. I may also order some new koni rear shocks to fit as my others blew before i went to europe

Better get on it.

BMW Z4
So over some sweet and sour chicken balls and hong kong style pork the painting was discussed. My mate confirmed that it should be fine to get the clio over to his bodyshop by the end of next week. That way things can crack on whilst i start my new job and look for a new house etc.

So there are a few little things to do,
1. Remove the last excess metal from the drivers footwell
2. Drill hole in firewall for dash loom
3. Possibly cut remainder from doors (opinions on this?)

4. I may also order some new koni rear shocks to fit as my others blew before i went to europe

Better get on it.

I'm cutting my doors out (and tailgate) like Chris has, just gonna leave a lip for the liners to bolt to and thats it. Who needs a door when you have a roll cage with door bars.

Nafoff

ClioSport Club Member
this is how it currently is:

IMG_0524.jpg

what i am saying is, once you put the doorcard on, and the handles on, the handles would need something to bolt to, otherwise you will be pulling on a quite central part of the doorcard that isn't secured.

BMW Z4
this is how it currently is:

IMG_0524.jpg

what i am saying is, once you put the doorcard on, and the handles on, the handles would need something to bolt to, otherwise you will be pulling on a quite central part of the doorcard that isn't secured.

Yes I agree and will leave that central strip in place where the handle screws to that plastic bit.

TrackCar & F30 330d
I'm not running any door cards, or the standard door pulls. So I have cut as much off as poss. I'm going to put special trim round the sharp edge and I'l just be using that just to pull the door shut. I'm finishing the doors off tomorrow so i'll update my thread to show anybody that cares.

Also with your doors you've kept the door brace! I removed mine because the roll cage is strong enough to protect me. There's still at least another 2-3 kg to removed from your doors if you wanted to.

Nafoff

ClioSport Club Member
Cheers for replying chris, i think i will be keeping the inner skin as mentioned, mainly to keep the carbon door cqrds strong when i fit them.

How did you remove the bracing? Just cut it out?

TrackCar & F30 330d
There are 6 spot welds, 3 at each end of the bracing. just drill them out, and then cut the bar inthe middle and wiggle the 2 bits out. really easy, but you need to take the doors off to get to the spot welds next to the hindges. But thats really easy too! :)

Nafoff

ClioSport Club Member
The doors will be coming off when the car goes to the bodyshop so i will chat to my mate about them then. Cheers for letting me know, i will have a look when i go down to do my final bits this week.

Nafoff

ClioSport Club Member
yeah keeping it, i had a meeting with the medical examiner 2 weeks ago as a result of the accident back in february and i should be getting a payout so that will help massively with the build,
i have also sold some bits and bobs recently so that should cover the bits i am buying this week....

life updates...lol
well i start on monday in bournemouth, still looking for a house (naomi went on a viewing earlier and the agent didn't even turn up ffs).
once we sort somewhere to live that will help, there has been no interest in the passat so i am going to have to use that, just trying to find somewhere to lodge possibly, to keep the costs down.

Nafoff

ClioSport Club Member
Estate agents ftl!! Awesome, hope it's a 6 figure payout ;)

well naomi gave them what for this morning about it, to be told she was meant to be being shown around by the current tenants, they never even told her that ffs.....

anyways todays small update...

I went to the clio with the intention of a few things, i needed to prep the shell a little more, just 1 or 2 things left to do before paint,
i also wanted to organise all my stuff so it was easy to sort when we come to move the car.

So first things first, i started to organise some of my stuff, separating what i needed to bring home etc and what needed to stay with the car, whilst doing this i found this wheel that was donated to me, its a bit of a mess but when the car is done and there is a rainy day i will sort it out as a spare...
IMG_1241.jpg

with the majority or bits organised i then started to look into the next thing.
I wanted to remove the central bit in the front footwell, for some reason i left this previously, anyways today i wanted it out, Knowing i would be making a fair bit of mess and that it would have to come out anyways i set about stripping down the front half of the interior again..
IMG_1242.jpg

IMG_1243.jpg

POW, ready to attack the spot welds then, well kinda, i didn't get very far and it was evident that i wasn't going to get much further as the spot weld drill bit was shagged... game over for that then,
IMG_1244.jpg

IMG_1245.jpg

so that will now have to be done at the bodyshop, i want to remove the door braces also, so they will come out with the new spot weld drill bits too....

i then looked into the firewall area where i have decided my loom will be passing through, I worked out a location for the hole and set about it,
tools and access made for said tools...
IMG_1246-1.jpg

before:
IMG_1247.jpg

IMG_1248.jpg

after:
IMG_1249.jpg

IMG_1250.jpg

when it comes to it i will gromit it up and pass all the wires through here nicely... happy days.
so that was pretty much all i could do, gutted again, feels like its not going very well...lol

i then finished off moving / organising my stuff, in doing this i got my windscreen out to check, wish i never did, my nice (practically new) windscreen had a nice crack in the base....ffsnakesonaplane....

so with a broken windscreen i now need to sort another one of those, this may be the perfect time to sort that heated windscreen out that i talked about previously,

Evo 5 RS
NICE. Feck it...should be able to send it back though?

Should be good when it's painted..sure I can't tempt you to spray it something other than grey? ;)

Nafoff

ClioSport Club Member
NICE. Feck it...should be able to send it back though?
Should be good when it's painted..sure I can't tempt you to spray it something other than grey? ;)

send what back mate? the windscreen? nah this was fitted last year prior to the road-trip, but it was immaculate.... just an excuse to spend even more money i spose

am i getting my orange plate back?

do you need it back? if so i can bring it up?
will call you back in a bit.