ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

The everlasting ph1 ITB Build **GREEN-BUILD STARTS AT PAGE 100**

Evo 5 RS
I'll dig up the invoice, they knocked off carriage and the additional 15 notes for the black border..so cheaper than list price any who

Nafoff

ClioSport Club Member
sure, firing it over now...it's making me weep looking at it

thank you, got a price now, just waiting on the others to clarify....
possibly picking up a windscreen this weekend.

just ordered 2 brand new koni adjustable rear shocks (remember my last ones blew and i was on a borrowed set)
i really wanted to look into some proper nice suspension ie... KW or Nitron but with the job change and house move etc in the long run i can't see it happening for a fair old while, i think this is a good plan for now.

Nafoff

ClioSport Club Member
collecting the new Koni rear shocks later tonight, may go and fit them tomorrow.
Can't go and collect the airbox / exhaust now this weekend so am unsure when this will happen with the new job, house move etc all in the near future,

hopefully we can still move the car to the bodyshop next weekend

Qashcow
Fingers crossed for you mate, at least you potentially have one less thing to worry about - beginning of phone call ;-)

Nafoff

ClioSport Club Member
Fingers crossed for you mate, at least you potentially have one less thing to worry about - beginning of phone call ;-)

i take it another phone call has been made and you are a step closer?

UPDATE:
so collected my shocks, and a nice shock came with it...
I spoke to a friend about getting new Koni rear shocks as my old ones (that come with the FK Konigsport suspension) blew just before our roadtrip last year, since then its been sat on a borrowed set.
My friend got a quote of £91 per shock.... fook, i thought, but upon checking demon tweeks, it wasn't too bad...

http://www.demon-tweeks.co.uk/Perfo...stable_Sport_Shock_Absorber/340/0/85945/38466

i then went to drop the money off yesterday and then got told £170 for the pair, happy days i thought, bit of a saving,
then upon collecting the shocks today he said...£120.... bloody hell, happy days. i chucked him £20 extra back for helping me out. top bloke....

IMG_1277-1.jpg

IMG_1280.jpg

will probably fit them up tomorrow....

Qashcow
Unless you try to fit non oem parts to the Clio ;)

Yep another call has been made, going up on Wednesday whoop de dooooo

Qashcow
Ohhhhhhh myyyyyy goooooosssshhhh, we must stick a flat6 in the boot, with the turbo hanging out the rear bumper!!!

Nafoff

ClioSport Club Member
Re: someph-ing different...........

so i was going to go down and work on the car this morning,
fit the rear struts, fit the front camber bolts and cut the holes in the front arch liners for the brake ducts, however, i remember a long time ago (when i fitted the initial set of koni shocks with jamesrich), that the rears were a bit of a struggle and it needed both of us, with knowone else about today i thought it would be best to leave it... just done some research and found these posts from 1982 (the start of this project thread)...

I love that stance dude! Fill the gap between your drive and the road with some tarmac, it'll go on ;)

The only thing about the Konigs that I didn't like when fitting them to Middo's is the lack of thread on the damper to hold the top mount on, only just enough for the nut! Otherwise they were brilliant!

front's or rears?

rears - on the rears we noticed a lack of thread coming through and i am sure i read about this problem somewhere, we rectified this by simply turning one of the rubber grommets the other way up, this gave us loads of thread to play with.

fronts - james noticed this problem and was struggling to tighten the 10mm bolt on the top of the strut to keep the hole lot together, once we fitted the top mounts to them we noticed that the bolt that sat right on top of the strut now inbetween the top cup and the bottom of the top mount was literally doing nothing, so we removed that, it is all held in firm and fast now with the bolt on the top of the top mount.

so hopefully the next update will be when we take it over to the paintshop... then things will move along fairly quickly i hope

Nafoff

ClioSport Club Member
hello again cliosport,
well another update, and unlike me i think this is the first time i have been back on cs in a week, (it's been a lonely time)...

... so somethings are beginning to come back together which is hopefully going to make my life a bit easier again, hopefully in-turn, keeping the build going...
anyways on with today's update,

i ok'd it with my mate (painter/sprayer) for the car to go over to his workshop this weekend but i needed to sort another vehicle to tow it with as his van was off the road, a quick few bantery style texts to a drunk mate last night who agreed and i was sorted, he knew what he was letting himself in for but i double checked anyways...

so first of all we had to go down and sort all my clio/project stuff, this either went into the back of my friends hilux or somewhere in the clio,

hilux
IMG_1296.jpg

clio
IMG_1290.jpg

IMG_1289.jpg

with the hilux and the clio all loaded up we then bolted the tow-bar to both vehicles...

IMG_1292.jpg

IMG_1291.jpg

said by to its old home
IMG_1293.jpg

and then set about the trip to its new home for a while, well what can i say, it was interesting/fun, my only protection from fumes, dust, stones and animals were a pair of welding glasses. It was kind of like a roller-coaster but you kind of have a little bit of control over the steering.... good times.

my view basically the whole trip
IMG_1295.jpg

anyways we got it to the new home all safe and sound, un-bolted it and pushed it in...
IMG_1301.jpg

IMG_1297.jpg

IMG_1298.jpg

nice and big..... awesme
i then had to go through all my stuff and organise everything into piles, the stuff that needs paint was staying with the car, all else was stored away, so cage out, seats etc etc....
had a few surprises also with some bits i forgot i had, good times....
IMG_1300.jpg

all bits sorted and either stored away or back in/on the car
IMG_1305.jpg

IMG_1306.jpg

IMG_1302.jpg

so with the car at the painters there is no real rush now, i have also told my mate this, there is still lots i need to sort out in my life so this should work very well with that, then hopefully once its done, re-assembly will start and then i will move it to its new home (which has a garage...yay)

and when it does get painted.. for those that missed it, its going this colour.
VW off-road grey

IMG_1307.jpg

DSC00141.jpg

Qashcow
I like that space, I like that colour, I like you. I'm am happy. Have you found a new gaff now then? I'll text your sexy ass anyway x

Massey6465 & saxo1.1
I need to come and have a word with you about this-its now bordering on pointless.
Meh.:dead:

Nafoff

ClioSport Club Member
collected my radical splitter over the weekend,
my 180 samco hose also turned up today, however with a 51 bore joiner.... ooops, better send it back to change it over....

TrackCar & F30 330d
The hose has only just turned up LOL. How long has that taken, 2 months?

I was looking through some pictures today and i saw you have the same Jenvey metal fuel rail as me, with a braided hose, Thumbs up :)

Has the car started to be preped for paint yet?

Did you hear back from P4P about the rear windows?

Nafoff

ClioSport Club Member
The hose has only just turned up LOL. How long has that taken, 2 months?
I was looking through some pictures today and i saw you have the same Jenvey metal fuel rail as me, with a braided hose, Thumbs up :)

Did you hear back from P4P about the rear windows?

Has the car started to be preped for paint yet?

yep probably over 2 months, then 50% of it was wrong...lol
i indeed do have the same fuel rail, really our cars will be so similar once completed, but then again so different in so many ways..

nah it hasn't been started yet, my friend has been super busy recently and it suits me with it not going through yet (ie with all the stuff thats going on), i have faith though, he decided on Friday night of last week he was going to town on his caddy van, by sunday evening it was finishing baking, that was every single panael prepped and painting, welding and smoothing both door locks/handles in the side door and tailgate and removal of all imperfections, i wish i had took some pics, it truly is beautiful...

... the wheels you can see in a couple of the pics are his that are going on the van, uber rare Brabus splits.... beautiful

not heard anything back from P4P yet, i will try and chase them the end of this week, as i go on holiday from monday for 2 weeks

Qashcow
I spy with my jap eye, something beginning with b. They look mint, not keen on the colour of them mind

Your going on holiday you say, bet that's going to be fun! Going anywhere nice with some good company?

Nafoff

ClioSport Club Member
I spy with my jap eye, something beginning with b. They look mint, not keen on the colour of them mind
Your going on holiday you say, bet that's going to be fun! Going anywhere nice with some good company?

you spotted a bum?
going to a sh*tty caravan site with some idiots i met on a forum....ffsnakes

Did Bomber give you my window ;)

he gave me a bum, no window.....
whats all this about bums?