ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

The everlasting ph1 ITB Build **GREEN-BUILD STARTS AT PAGE 100**

172 Race Car
Re: someph-ing different...........

the plug has probably been cut off and the wires soldered together. Possibly a faulty conncetion sometime in its life. My old phase 2 had this done to it

Nafoff

ClioSport Club Member

ok chap so where should i be / how should i be looking to disconnect these? i can't see where / if it has had the wires cut, i would say not......i may be wrong though

does the plastic trim on them just pop-off?

Nafoff

ClioSport Club Member

scratch the above, mine were just soldered together so they have now been cut and are out.

can someone please tell me though what resistors i need and which wires they are going between?????????

more to update

with all the seats out i decided to give it a clean, will do this again before stuff goes back in but now hoovered and metal cleaned

100_3835.jpg

with all that out though i am sure its risen up

100_3836.jpg

and i am sure its set at its lowest...i hope not.

100_3837.jpg

can i set this lower anyone?????

then just gave it a quick wash to get the bird turd off.................beading?

100_3838.jpg

100_3840.jpg

100_3842.jpg

ITB'd 182...

crap pic but if you look carefully you can see the adjuster is below the

trailing arm and gives a further 10mm drop aparently. i know that mine is

low but i still have my back seats in.

new182pics006.jpg

FF Blackgold 182

Just added you on msn Neil. :) Car is coming on nicely mate. Some really nice individual touches you have there bud. Wheels are sex wee! :approve:

Nafoff

ClioSport Club Member

crap pic but if you look carefully you can see the adjuster is below the

trailing arm and gives a further 10mm drop aparently. i know that mine is

low but i still have my back seats in.

new182pics006.jpg

don't quite understand what your trying to show me here...lol

car won't be at FCS no, can't drive due to shoulder operation.

cheers steve..will catch you on msn

ITB'd 182...

if you look at yours your adjusters at the bottom of the spring mine are below the arm which the springs sit on. so mine sits the width of the adjusters lower(10mm)or so. but they are none adjustable now.
understand?lol

Nafoff

ClioSport Club Member

i do understand now yes, so do you even need the adjustment rings in there then? if they are underneath they are not doing anything?

ITB'd 182...

i do understand now yes, so do you even need the adjustment rings in there then? if they are underneath they are not doing anything?
unsure on that.think they might be on there to stop it pulling through. had my mate fit mine.just watched and with 197gaz's instructions fitted them.
was him that told me about putting it underneath otherwise would of never known :eek:

maynard

ClioSport Club Member
  ph2 172 track car

really like your care matey, spesh the stance and the yellow detail on the wheels. sound!

M

mini-valver

Take the bottom ring off and wind the top one down to the axle dude, Personally I dont lke leaving the spring just on the axle. You wont notice the 4mm you'd gain by taking the top one out anyway!

Take the bottom ring off and wind the top one down to the axle dude, Personally I dont lke leaving the spring just on the axle. You wont notice the 4mm you'd gain by taking the top one out anyway!

i did the same,left the top one but removed the bottom one

BMW E46 330i Touring

Interior looks awesome dude, slightly higher but I guess that's to be expected.

You in need of some new rear brakes soon!?!

Nafoff

ClioSport Club Member

cheers dave / trev, will get that sorted before shes on the road again, dave do you know which wires i should be wiring the resistor too?

ads - nah they were new rear brakes, that was were it was left standing with the handbrake on mate, obviously i can't drive it anywhere now to remove that film

172 Race Car

Airbag ecu out and cut the loom off................................ NO light!

Nafoff

ClioSport Club Member

dave that picture is spot on......one problem...lol.....i have no plug, as burp said it might be earlier in the thread the wires may have been soldered....mine are soldered..meaning i just have wires to play with.

jay - were should i be looking for that?

and do either of you know what the small box type thing is inside the car on the door sill, has wires in and out of it

M

mini-valver

It says Bosch on it right? I think its some kind of pretensioner thing....

Erm, try soldering the 3.3ohm resistor to each end of the wires? If it catches fire, Im not to blame ;)

Nafoff

ClioSport Club Member

lol..........right.

would rather not go down the route of trial, fire and error......will see about the other idea,

M

mini-valver

Lol! Essentially its doing the same thing but I'm no electrician! I'll ask around for you fella, see what I can come up with!

Hows the shoulder BTW?

Nafoff

ClioSport Club Member

still slinged up mate, no pain in it at all, just awkward.. just cleaned the old seats up, wish the buyer would get back in touch......

need to find a T41 OR T42 torx for all the other belt bolts, i think my T40 is slightly too small.......just want to get on with it.

cheers dave, just want to make sure i get it right, bloody bodge merchants renault

M

mini-valver

Im not even sure 41 0r 42 exist mate. Get a new one and see if thats any better, Im sure mine were 40's!

I clobbered my elbow playing football the other day, all bruised and swollen again, FFS! Physio thursday....

No worries mate, need to sort mine too, contemplating ripping the airbag loom and ECU out though as Im on standalone!

Nafoff

ClioSport Club Member

i did wonder on a T41 or T42

yer the set i got was from argos.....last time i do that, the torc wrench always clicks past, none of its magnetic and obviously the bits are crappy metal thats too soft

nice work on the elbow, i don't want to rush mine...may be having surgery on the other shoulder too yet.

if i knew where to start on the ecu and airbag loom that may be an option...lol

M

mini-valver

Go to Halfords and just buy a T40, about £3!

Yeah, It feels ok, just wont straighten so riding is hard. Tried playing football and bend it back, cant win!

The ecu is in front on the gearstick. I think once it's unplugged, the light would go out anyway as theres nothing to tel wether you have an airbag deployed or not. I'll ask Ben or Fred, they'll know....

Nafoff

ClioSport Club Member

will be sorting a new T40 yes,

if you could find out about that ecu that would be sweet, pictures would be even better....i may even show my appreciation at FCS....lol

M

mini-valver

will be sorting a new T40 yes,

if you could find out about that ecu that would be sweet, pictures would be even better....i may even show my appreciation at FCS....lol

Which shoulder did you injure?? ;)

Yeah, I'm on it tommorrow so will see how far I get!!

e92 + E46 M3 + Cup

Good read, nice little project mate :cool: , what sort of weight are you aiming for? i'm heading for the gutted route on my ph2 172

Nafoff

ClioSport Club Member

not sure what weight i'm heading for, i am keeping the rear door cards for looks, but loosing other bits like a/c etc

172 Race Car

Neil, the little box thing by the door sill im sure is the side airbag sensor. Binned mine.

As for turning the light out as said if u find the airbag ecu behind the cetre console then trace/strip back the loom on the main plug, there are some wires that you can cut and it turns off the light. As said just disconnecting wont work.