ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

The everlasting ph1 ITB Build **GREEN-BUILD STARTS AT PAGE 100**

Golf R/Leon FR
Re: someph-ing different...........

coming along nicely neil,

the 3 months will fly, hope to get my konigs soon

Golf R/Leon FR

not yet im waiting till i get back off hol (3 weeks) then they will be bought

but yes ill go to barry for them :)

Nafoff

ClioSport Club Member

got these off another member yesterday, well chuffed and can't wait to get them in the car (bit hard with 1 arm, if any locals fancy helping...wink wink)

100_3819.jpg

100_3823.jpg

they also have custom subframes and sidemounts

100_3820.jpg

100_3821.jpg

the sidemounts were custom made at quite a hefty price, they fully incorporate the standard renault belt pretensioners so all you have to do is plug in the existing wiring and be on your way.

100_3822.jpg

i may be selling these sidemounts as i am going for harnesses so pm me asap.

original interior also for sale

what can i say though...very happy boy

Nafoff

ClioSport Club Member

lol......my personal mechanic

you alright chap? its been a long time.

not this weekend nah thats ok mate, i want to get the subframes painted first, then we could tackle it if you like?

you not going to RWS now then?

Marky_

ClioSport Club Member

Awesome seats! The sidemounts are impressive too.

172 Race Car

Those seats are lovely mate, good purchase.

Need to sort some/one for mine

Zetec-S

Hi!
This is my first post on here!
Really liking the project! Silver and yellow/black would normally be a no-no. I'm thinking yellow wingmirrors!?

Im not a fan of the front lights on these, are there alternatives out there?

Nafoff

ClioSport Club Member

nope no alternatives, if you want different headlights you would need to buy a phase 2, although i expect there are some kind of lexass lights or angel eyes....however i am not going to promote that

Nafoff

ClioSport Club Member

another update

the rear seats and all buckle fixings are out, still need to remove the actual belts but that won't be for a while as i do only have 1 arm to use still

was a struggle getting the rears out, that bar is a pain in the arse, dad had to loosen the bar bolts off as they were ceased in,

how it stands now

100_3827.jpg

lovely and dirty under there

100_3828.jpg

with all the stuff in there (like step-toes car)

100_3829.jpg

and the buckets subframes now have a lovely coat of black on them to tidy them up, now need to find some help to remove the front seats, am i right in saying its 4 bolts per seat? and they are all underneath the car?

M

mini-valver

Yeah, 2 are under the heat sheild beneath a rubber bung, 2 are near the sill beneath a rubber bung. You'll manage it with one arm mate, easy peasy.

Looking good!

nice too see you stripping it.. will look ace with them seats fitted.. just a thought, but on the buckets, maybe add some yellow touches on them??

Nafoff

ClioSport Club Member

Yeah, 2 are under the heat sheild beneath a rubber bung, 2 are near the sill beneath a rubber bung. You'll manage it with one arm mate, easy peasy.

so would i have to remove the heatshield first? does that not mean removing the exhaust in that part?

and where you being sarcastic when you said it is possible with 1 arm?...lol

Nafoff

ClioSport Club Member

so the bolts come out quite easy and are located as above, these all have rubber bungs / coatings / coverings on them? and thats it, then the seats come out, apart from the pre-tensioner cables?

Qashcow

the 2 bolts on the passenger seat are both under rubber bungs in the bottom of the car, easy as pie to remove the bungs (1.5" dia) the 2 bolts in the tunnel side are both easy to get to. dont do it witha hot exhaust though as the bolts go striaght past the heat shield. wont take more than 10 mins inc jacking up the car!!

let me kno if u want pics or anything for the rest of the harness etc. can giv u my mob number in needed

Nafoff

ClioSport Club Member

cheers for that again chap, i have got to get it sorted but just not sure when i can with only 1 arm, don't really fancy my chances..lol

***another update***

£90 refunded from the DVLA

Corsa SXI 1.7 DTI

In love with this car!!! such a inspiration for me well after FCS when i can afford it!

keep up the good work mate :)

M

mini-valver

Serious, you'll do it with one arm dude, I managed! May need a had lifting the seat out though. Theres 2 hole in the heat shield, and 2 near the sill, the ones by the sill have rubber bungs in lad. Make sure you undo the airbag wiring first though...

Nafoff

ClioSport Club Member

cheers dave, my dad said he may give me a hand so will see about that, needs to be done by tomorrow as the auction ends then.

Nafoff

ClioSport Club Member

ok so the seats are out of position now, all bolts out and undone, the only thing thats keeping them in place is all the wires (in the mark 1's it was only 1 plug)

i have unplugged the ones i can see but there is 2 wires per seat i can't find the plug for, one is orange and disappears to the pre - tensioner and the other has a felt coating and goes the other side. any ideas on how these attach and whether i need to remove the plastic trim etc? cheers neil

M

mini-valver

IF you lift the seat out and lean it back so you can see the base of the seat, you'll see the wiring cabe tied to the runners. Cut them and fish the airbag cable and seatbelt pretensioner cable out. You'll be able to lift it out then.

Nafoff

ClioSport Club Member

yer unplugged all the plugged cables. but the airbag and pre-tensioner cables disapear to the relevent places...you suggesting just cutting these off?

don't want to damage them as they are being sold on