ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

The everlasting ph1 ITB Build **GREEN-BUILD STARTS AT PAGE 100**

172 Race Car
Re: someph-ing different...........

yep bin the little box.

for light. follow the loom from airbag ecu to where it joins main loom. Make sure no other plugs or wires come out from it and bear it back and cut them off one by one. two of the wires are connected together and controls the light.

Nafoff

ClioSport Club Member

i get you now.......but to be honest i am bricking it....... so do i need to take the trim off by the gear stick yeah? and its under there?

Polo GTi

Very nice project :D

I used to hate the mk1 172's a few years back but I think I prefer them now to the Mk2's, nice and small and look mean, just needs a bonnet bulge now :D

Nafoff

ClioSport Club Member

i shall fabricate a phase 1 bonnet with a williams bulge mate....

i have fallen in love with this as much as my valver now........ i deffo think they are better looking and more menacing than the phase 2's

Qashcow

loving the progress, will you be at FCS? can have a natter etc.

i prefere the PH1's to the PH2's now as well, although emma thinks it looks like a hippo from the front.......

172 Race Car

Going back to the airbag light thing, you could just cut the one wire to stop the light. You will have to strip the loom back to find it. then its easily reversable if thats what you are worried about. Big Girl!

Nafoff

ClioSport Club Member

shut up you big gay

apparently this holds the key.......

airbag.jpg

there is a pin somewhere in this that if you remove it it breaks the connection therefore distinguishing the light.

2.0 175dci rs meggy

pin 7 is a earth to the light in the instru panel

pull the pin out of the connector - light should go off

and once again my name aint against the pic i sent u (ggrrr)

Nafoff

ClioSport Club Member

pin 7 is a earth to the light in the instru panel

pull the pin out of the connector - light should go off

and once again my name aint against the pic i sent u (ggrrr)

ok...so where do i find this connector?......

i do nothing at the moment mate...not even moving pictures around...lol

Nafoff

ClioSport Club Member

more progress then

decided this afternoon i would try and remove the seatbelts all round....

got the fronts out quite easy...then noticed that to get the rears out you have to take the plastic panel off, and to do that you have to take the rear quarter off......so i did...lol

100_3853.jpg

both sides

100_3854.jpg

all done, all out, and the mass of stuff

100_3855.jpg

so the main question, should this all stay out? or should i just put the trim back in?

172 Race Car

Biggest problem with no interior is talking, anything over 50mph and you have to shout to have a conversation with your passenger.

Tiresome on the road

In as its not going to be a propper track car, all the time if you see what i mean.

Nafoff

ClioSport Club Member

i think the plastics may go back in then.... what we reckon about the sound deadening and the speakers behind it then?

172 Race Car

yea in all seriousness if its mainly for show then u need to keep some sound proofing. mine is very noisy and im sure id go mad and def if i drove it daily.

M

mini-valver

Started taking the airbags and loom out yesterday, need the WHOLE dash off to remove it properly fella so Ill get it out after FCS and do a picture thread!

Titanium 182

when you put the trim back on fill it with expanding foam to stop rattles ;)

M

mini-valver

I'm taking it all out to save weight dude! I've got that many lights on the dash anyway that I'm not too fussed if it goes out or not, lol!

Aftermarket ECU.....

Static Low

This is some brilliant work mate.
they wheels look the tits.
well done indeed.

Nafoff

ClioSport Club Member

cheers andy

interior panels back in now, so onto the airbag light......

this is a barsteward

first got the panel / trim off, a call to jamessrich confirmed the bit i was looking for, i had to snip the carpet going over the centre to access what i needed but this is not an issue as you won't see it, got the foam out of the way also.......its real tight in there...

100_3857.jpg

100_3858.jpg

100_3859.jpg

the pins in there are super stiff, it was really resisting me...not much room against the others too.

not pulled any out yet because of this and will try again tomorrow, just want to confirm i am pulling the right one

the plan

airbag.jpg

the plug

100_3862.jpg

M

mini-valver

I have no idea what I'm supposed to be looking for on that plan, good luck, lol!

According to Burp, I just hack it out! Ghetto...