ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

The everlasting ph1 ITB Build **GREEN-BUILD STARTS AT PAGE 100**

2.0 175dci rs meggy
Re: someph-ing different...........

you have found the right connector - u now need to find pin 7 in the orange one and pull it out!
see the long plastic looking pins on this pic VVVV
http://i4.photobucket.com/albums/y120/freebone/100_3862.jpg
these are what stops the light coming on when the connector is plugged back in - apart from a fault - so by pushing piece of plastic (very small into the corresponding spaces on the yellow connector will reveal where abouts pin 7 is unless u can see it numbered

Nafoff

ClioSport Club Member

that bottom pic is meant to correspond with the central box of the image above (the plan)....but i am unsure...lol

my master loveable mechanic will be here soon...i hope ...there he is ^^^^^^^^

Nafoff

ClioSport Club Member

you have found the right connector - u now need to find pin 7 in the orange one and pull it out!
see the long plastic looking pins on this pic VVVV
http://i4.photobucket.com/albums/y120/freebone/100_3862.jpg
these are what stops the light coming on when the connector is plugged back in - apart from a fault - so by pushing piece of plastic (very small into the corresponding spaces on the yellow connector will reveal where abouts pin 7 is unless u can see it numbered

so any pin could be pin 7 i just have to find it yeah?.........

but if i put a tiny something in the corresponding slot, the plug won't plug in properly

there is no pins coming out of the orange plug dude.....

Last edited:
  2.0 175dci rs meggy

can u not see any numbers on it? the connectors normally do but very small (u should be alright with ur glasses lol)
u might even have to pull the tracks out of the orange connector then u might see how the light comes on when the plug is disconnected - get some good macro shots!!!

2.0 175dci rs meggy

there is no pins coming out of the orange plug dude.....

^^

there wont be as they are female pins not male opens - u will have to pull them out from the other side of the orange

Nafoff

ClioSport Club Member

i'm proper confused now......lol

i can see numbers on it, 1 - 25 down 1 side, then 26 - 50 on the other.... so i guess i just count down until i get to 7 then pull that pin out? and i am pulling it out from the plug or the thing it plugs into?

Sounds like its a molex type crimp connector.

If it were me i would lift the plastic flap on the connector block and remove the wire and molex connector, then just insulate it in case you ever need it in the future.

Or something along those lines.

Last edited:

Not totally no

The pic you have posted, think of that view as the front view.

Try and get some pics of the 2 longest side and i should be able to tell you if the above is possible.

The idea being you lift the small plastic flap and it releases the pin from the yellow plastic connector.

Nafoff

ClioSport Club Member

i basically have no idea what i am doing now...lol

100_3862.jpg

^^this is obviously the male side, and as can be seen there is 1 - 25 written across the top right. (there is no access to the back of this)

the female side plugs into this, it is just a series of holes but at one end it does seem to have a small grey slider thing....

any ideas...anyone.....its getting on my tits now

The female side may have those molex type connectors i was on about. Shame i cant see it otherwise i would be able to help more.

Nafoff

ClioSport Club Member

this turned out to be so easy its unbelievable....

got the little slide clip of the plugs orange cover, this then let me remove the cover,

100_3863.jpg

once this was out i then had to find pin 7 which was easy as the numbers are on there and remove it

100_3864.jpg

i then decided that as all my airbags would finally be going i have no need for the airbag ecu, so all the carpet and foam pulled away....

100_3865.jpg

then the air circulation pipes removed as the peoples feet in the rear will no longer need heating / cooling

100_3869.jpg

and the box removed

100_3867.jpg

i love how the only way you can read this panel is to remove it, 2nd one down especially ironic

100_3868.jpg

best of all...i have no airbag light now.......yay

100_3866.jpg

all the trim, carpet etc is back on now.....happy days

couldn't of done it without JAMESRICH.......massive credit to him, cheers mate

M

mini-valver

Top work fella! I'll get chopping later on :D

M

mini-valver

Seats are in, wheel is here waiting, got a million things to do though before tommorrow, it'll look tatty as feck TBH but aslong as the engine works, I can worry about that later.

Wish yours was going fella, wanted a nose round...

Nafoff

ClioSport Club Member

quick update again

cleaned up the sidemounts

100_3870.jpg

then applied the vinyl (thanks Day)

100_3872.jpg

then test placed them in the car,

100_3873.jpg

^^^ the passenger one is leant back slightly here...its not broke...lol

100_3874.jpg

i must say they feel a little higher than i thought they would, but thats just innitially

Nafoff

ClioSport Club Member

cheers fella, awaiting payment on my old interior then harnesses will be ordered, then once all the eye bolts are in i will secure these down.

congrats btw

M

mini-valver

You need some itty bitty subframes dude, mine are on the deck and the driving position is great. Only gripe is that I may pinch Jay's column lowering mod as the wheel sits a little high now I have a 330mm jobbie....

BMW E46 330i Touring

Looking good mate, but don't do the backs yellow...

Any news on the interior buyer?

TTRS & V50

looking great, personally i would have had black mounts and a white sparco sticker !

Qashcow

mmm sexual seatage. will cut those bars down at some point for you bud, works fecking manic at the minute

Nafoff

ClioSport Club Member

Looking good mate, but don't do the backs yellow...

Any news on the interior buyer?

got payment yesterday mate so got to sort couriering now

mmm sexual seatage. will cut those bars down at some point for you bud, works fecking manic at the minute

cool mate, ordered my longer eye bolts from ebay the other day, now i have payment for my interior i am going to order my harnesses. today

BMW E46 330i Touring

Glad the guy's come through, hope you've added a bit of a premium for the arrangement of posting it all!

Nafoff

ClioSport Club Member

the guy is sound mate, very understanding as i have had quite a few problems over the past 24hrs with DHL collecting them......not happy tbh, there a pain

on a happier note though, and with alot better service / postage,

i got these yesterday morning, after ordering the day before at 1pm from demon tweeks.

OMP Racing 4m Harnesses, 3inch 4 points

100_3917.jpg

100_3924.jpg

100_3919.jpg

100_3918.jpg

oh, and some extended eye bolts for the rear

Nafoff

ClioSport Club Member

talking eyebolts, i got my OMP harnesses the other day, check my thread, you know if all eyebolts have the same thread size? these don't seem keen on going in down on the sills, the rears have gone in fine

any ideas anyone?

172 Exclusive... For Sale

Nice, I'm really ph-eeling the wheels, ph-ine looking car ph-or sure. Ph-real. :D