ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

The everlasting ph1 ITB Build **GREEN-BUILD STARTS AT PAGE 100**

Nafoff

ClioSport Club Member
Re: someph-ing different...........

i stopped over today just to pick up my spare wheel for another plan i am working on, i was surprised as they weren't meant to of started, they only had the windscreen bar and the door bars to do...then the powdercoat

can't wait...

Daniel

ClioSport Moderator
  Whichever has fuel

Boner, can you pm me prices/lead times/options caged gave you??

I may need to pay them a visit...

BMW E46 330i Touring

What are you driving to Wales? I was hoping to slash your tyres as part of some drunken 'fun'... wouldn't be fair to ruin Naomi's wheels.

BMW E46 330i Touring

If you can get it onto the M5 you'll be fine mate, main road all the way to the hotel. The Pembroke massive would love you... lol.

Nafoff

ClioSport Club Member

i am not risking not being able to get it up the b&b drives mate...lol
as for getting it on the M5, thats questionable...lol

Nafoff

ClioSport Club Member

a long overdue update...one that i promised a while back...so here we go

i have already posted about my alternator woes, and it was at this time i got all the work done, alot went on and i have posted some already, the engine mounts and the stud conversion were done when we discovered we couldn't continue with the alternator...

so all the consumables

IMG_1253.jpg

^^thanks to opie oils

IMG_0188.jpg

^^^and maynard...top bloke

and to begin...the car was stripped down

pic03.jpg

IMG_1122.jpg

all bits in back of car to keep tidy

IMG_0192.jpg

and then onto the alternator...it was a case of 3rd time lucky and i ended up just ordering a cup alternator from renault...best way imo, should of done it sooner, product code can be found earlier in the thread..

wrong alternator
IMG_1141-1.jpg

right alternator
IMG_0190.jpg

IMG_0189.jpg

much better fit, and as all this was now in, it meant this didn't have to be

IMG_1120.jpg

so then onto the cams....

pic13.jpg

pic37.jpg

IMG_0320-1.jpg

opened up.....
IMG_1129.jpg

the timing
IMG_1126.jpg

the outcome - well without being mapped i am majorly impressed, so much more torquey.....Catcam 428's are awesome and highly recommended

the car is much tighter to drive with the cams and engine mounts, and the lack of a/c must free it up...deffo gives it more space in the bay...

engine wise...future plans are to put in a non-recirc blower (already have) and fit the new powerflex dogbone mount thats under my desk.....

then it gets serious....

Nafoff

ClioSport Club Member

as the above work was a few weeks ago and i have only just organised myself to post it i also have this update...

the day after trax the car was dropped off at CAGED for beleive it or not a roll cage....

they built the cage and just tacked it together to get the shapes perfect, then got in contact so i could be there for the final part, i went down today i watched / helped sort the final bit..pics show the flow...

the cage tacked and placed in the car

IMG_8802.jpg

IMG_8803.jpg

IMG_8804.jpg

taken back out and being finished

IMG_8818.jpg

IMG_8816.jpg

IMG_8831.jpg

this was then heated for 10mins to 200degs, then powdercoated

IMG_8835.jpg

IMG_8841.jpg

IMG_8845.jpg

this was then let to dry before applying to the car...as it was drying i decided to paint up the mounting points to match the rear satin black of the car

IMG_8846.jpg

IMG_8847.jpg

cage was then placed in the car and bolted in...

IMG_8852.jpg

all going in

IMG_8850.jpg

IMG_8859.jpg

IMG_8861.jpg

IMG_8862.jpg

IMG_8864.jpg

IMG_8865.jpg

CAGED is a great company to go to for this, they have masses of experience and can apply there work to anything and basically give you exactly what you want..well worth it over a standard (non-custom) cage from the horror stories i have heard....

a group buy i am organising is here - http://www.cliosport.net/forum/showthread.php?t=444479

Nafoff

ClioSport Club Member

forgot to mention i have had a brand new windscreen fitted at this point also as the last had an ugly stone chip

and just literally fitted a set of bosch aero-wipers....its all coming together.

Nafoff

ClioSport Club Member

thank you people...

glove box door is back on, at the bottom of the door there is too sliding pins, i have pushed back in the drivers side pin, the door will sit in there with the passenger side pin and the opening / closing pins...happy days, i can still use it

maynard

ClioSport Club Member
  ph2 172 track car

damn neil, i want that cage and them cams!!

glas to see you got the aero's ok :)

Nafoff

ClioSport Club Member

glad you all like...

...as for one of my next mods...i am not so sure the reception will be quite as similar...will wait and see

Nafoff

ClioSport Club Member

i am fitting the flange module and the super-doooper charged turbo booster on tomorrow, should only take 10 mins and is a guaranteed 50BHP more

Qashcow

do you have an ebay resistor too, that should help airflow and increase midrange torque from what i've heard

Nafoff

ClioSport Club Member

had some great news today, i don't care if it seems attention seeking but i cannot let on at the moment, however i am very very excited

Nafoff

ClioSport Club Member

thank you, i am having an op next week so the car will not be getting driven for a fair old while, but thats fine progress will still be going ahead, lets just say the car isn't staying with me for the time i can't drive it...

Daniel

ClioSport Moderator
  Whichever has fuel

Its lucky you're a nice bloke because your project updates are s**t.

Nafoff

ClioSport Club Member

i have some good updates hopefully this week with regards to wheels.

with regards to anything else i need to talk to some other parties before anything is mentioned...hater

Daniel

ClioSport Moderator
  Whichever has fuel

See. You may as well have just written all that ^^ in German. It means f**k all to us without pictures and updates.