ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

The GoPro Thread

Panda.

ClioSport Club Member
  850 T5
I made a rollbar/handlebar/post mount for mine from a cheap iphone holder hat clamps onto bike handlebars (my mums) so you can use it as GPS, sawed off the clip and used a sticky back mount - its on a ball joint too so can be put at any angle and was £4ish instead of the £££ the Gopro one costs.. trying to make a headstrap/chest harness from a broken headtorch too so I can timelapse the whole of LM from 1st person..

UR R26R.5, VW Golf R
£25 for a cup suction mount. Done. Should be here next Wednesday. I'm hoping the GoPro will be here today but not too fussed if it's not. Will have a little play with it I guess.

UR R26R.5, VW Golf R
Took me 20 minutes to get the b*stard case off. Had to look on Youtube at a guide :clown: Need a Micro SD card now. Will get one in the morning I guess. Bah.

UR R26R.5, VW Golf R
I've given up with it mate. I'm going to start over when I get an SD card. I've downloaded the App though.

Panda.

ClioSport Club Member
  850 T5
How frigging bug laden is Cineform Studio? Tried using it twice, both times it froze my mac whilst converting. Popped it into iMovie, worked without fault.

​Cineform works well - sometimes, often it crashes when exporting which is a PITA

Panda.

ClioSport Club Member
  850 T5

Most recent effort (no music but HD although the quality is quite low because of the light..)

The view from my Grandparents house on the south coast (the Channel is just visible) - thats the first of the Seven Sisters cliffs too so is a pretty awesome view!!!

Last edited by a moderator:

Panda.

ClioSport Club Member
  850 T5
I've tried to add music to this one in iMovie but when exporting to quicktime, or anything else, with all the settings on HD it still exports as awful quality?! I've tried everything! The clip is HD (as is on youtube etc)? otherwise they'll all be silent films..!

Cupra
GoPro Hero 3 Black is on special offer for £300 over here at the minute. Is there a new one on the way? I'm really struggling to justify not picking one up...

cjgower

ClioSport Club Member
Go Pro has a lot of competition now and rivals have levelled the playing field, so they might come up with somethining new in the near future.

Personally I'd go for it. I did and its more than adequate. You won't regret :D

Pauleds

ClioSport Club Member
  Merc Dueliner sport
Had my Hero2 stuck on the dash at the weekend and there is a really annoying clicking sound on the video. Turns out it was the thumb screw vibrating against the case.
​Lesson learnt for next time.

Panda.

ClioSport Club Member
  850 T5

ok.. first stab at a h'actual video. Took the parents '72 MG Midget out for a drive around the Deer park a few weekends back... forgot to put the skeleton back on so can't really hear the exhaust/straight cut gearbox whine...

(Also it was completely by chance that the music is by Booker T. & the MG's found it blank on my mac and Shazamed it for the credits!!)

Panda.

ClioSport Club Member
  850 T5
Love mg's. we have a 76 midget

It had a full rebuild last year - back to metal and the few tiny rust spots filed then repainted racing green (it'd been resprayed mallard green a long time ago but poorly - paint came off when polishing it!) new dash and dials (holes had been cut for extra dials!) wheels refurbished and engine retuned as it was running badly. Folks are hoping to have the whole interior redone soon too. Its lovely and sounds awesome - hard work to drive though!

TheEvilGiraffe

South East - Essex
ClioSport Area Rep
So the GoPro I bought had a busted case and clip, but that meant I could drill it for power on the go !

As a spare case, it now looks like this:

9227948193_07f45b96b9_c.jpg

So I trialled an all-day time lapse which turns out, on a warm summers day, is REALLY boring :eek: 30 sec interval from approx 12:00-21:00hrs yesterday.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uRzgOIacivQ

Really think I need to get a newer one with a decent screen so I can have some idea what I'm shooting.

Just get the new one, comes with Wi-Fi and you can see a live feed on your phone. Also can control the while camera from it too.

Brilliant when I was skiing to see what you were recording and also if the camera was on your head just start recording from your phone

BG 182 FF
Here are some of my timelapse's using the GoPro hero 2 & 3

BG 182 FF
That's cool ... details ??

GoPro Hd Hero2 (timelapse 1) on basically a egg timer (360º is 1hr) with a thread on the base and a quick mount on the top for the go pro mounted on a manfrotto tripod, shot using continuous video mode at 1080p 30fps onto a 64gb card, edited with final cut pro x professionally colour graded and so on....

hero 3 (timelapse 2) shot using go rpo mounted to a arri magic arm using a k-clamp to fix to fence and then a thread to fit a go pro mount on the other!

I have also done stuff in cars, planes and so on, tomorrow i'm doing watersports for a client (should be fun) !!

Heez

ClioSport Club Member
  Superleggera'd Bean
You can get a Backpack for the HD Hero IIRC. WiFi or LCD Screen, I think.

My go recently on a trip to Iona, fun happened when I forgot the Gopro was on!

[video=youtube_share;SHNdrYjbzuo]http://youtu.be/SHNdrYjbzuo[/video]

Pauleds

ClioSport Club Member
  Merc Dueliner sport
Had my Hero2 stuck on the dash at the weekend and there is a really annoying clicking sound on the video. Turns out it was the thumb screw vibrating against the case.
​Lesson learnt for next time.

Well I've used it a few times now and double checked that nothing fouls/touches and there is still a really annoying clicking sound from the mount.
​Further investigation required.

Ooo, never really noticed this thread before.

I had a go with a mates GoPro a few weeks ago. Did this - my first ever video editing attempt. Only used windows movie maker.

Panda.

ClioSport Club Member
  850 T5
Went to the folks' villa at the beginning of the month and got a long-ish time lapse of an afternoon/evening by the pool... (about 9hrs in total..)

Scrooge

ClioSport Moderator
  E55 AMG
I have a proper shitty non s**t Hero. I need a proper one but for now this will do. What software do people use?

172 and vw passat
Mate has cave me his micro sd card from his hero3 (i use hero2) but all his files are corrupt, anyone know of a way to fix them?

Cupra
I picked up a 3+ today. What SD cards are you using? I don't think I'm going to bother with the ultra HD res so thought that a Sandisk ultra should be alright. Anybody else use one?