ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

The Impreza picture and discussion thread

Thrust-Rated

President of the KMAG fan club.
ClioSport Club Member
  F31 35d, Berlingo Na
They are proper thirsty when giving it some though aren't they. But the noise and fun makes up for that.

One day

Ray Gin

ClioSport Club Member
  Cupra Leon & Impreza
TBH, everyone should own one at some point. I think you should all go and buy one. Now.

imprezaworks

ClioSport Club Member
  Mk5 Golf GTI :)
Yeah i'd love a garage, got a drive down the side of the house which keeps the car out of sight.

banther

ClioSport Club Member
Looking through here looks like I can have a decent enough one for £3g. Don want to splurge bare amounts of paper on one.

I dont really know why I want one. But I DO.

Are they easy to shift on? TBH quite tempted by the one close to Scott - 1 owner FSH etc.

imprezaworks

ClioSport Club Member
Only as easy as any other car of that type mate. Loads of abused ones about, but people will pay for a good one. Some of ones advertised are seriously lol.

Ray Gin

ClioSport Club Member
  Cupra Leon & Impreza
Buy on condition TBH, I took a taxi, 2 buses and a plane to get mine, lol! Purely due to the poor condition of the examples near me.

banther

ClioSport Club Member
Only as easy as any other car of that type mate. Loads of abused ones about, but people will pay for a good one. Some of ones advertised are seriously lol.

Seriously good? Or abused?

Buy on condition TBH, I took a taxi, 2 buses and a plane to get mine, lol! Purely due to the poor condition of the examples near me.

Yeah not worried about travel mate.

Got an afternoon to myself - PH, AT, Scoobynet it is haha

imprezaworks

ClioSport Club Member
Seriously bad, i would post links up but im in work. They have fallen into that bracket where people who want a fast car have no idea how to look after them. Years ago these used to be somewhat of a car to aspire too in terms of performance, now any dick head can pick one up for sub £2k and drive it through halfords blindfolded with lashings of glue all over the car, picking up all sorts of crap along the way, shame really. Be prepared to pay for a nice one and you will know when you enquire wether the guy knows what he's on about.

Ive read that back and if i was to convince myself to buy the one im interested in that would be it

TheEvilGiraffe

South East - Essex
ClioSport Area Rep
Banther - the one Scott posted up in "London" - silver wagon with dodgy wheels - If you want me to go look at it, assuming it's close enough, I will. Looks good on paper anyway.

banther

ClioSport Club Member
Yeah thats the one.

Very kind offer mate - I spend 2 days a week in London anyway mate so no issue to get to for me.

TBH it was your scoob at CSS 13 that got me thinking.

banther

ClioSport Club Member
Either Fulham or my rents flat in High Barnet (not really London). One of my best mates has a Blobeye (?!) and had a few classics. He spends his working week in town so can easily go for me.

Wheels etc. can be changed - 1 former keeper and FSH is what attracts me. I'm a serial car buyer so need to be able to shift it when I get bored. (for ref; http://www.autotrader.co.uk/classif...page/5/radius/1500/postcode/rm188jq?logcode=p)

Yeah - I've always loved estates / wagons. Yours tipped me over the edge haha. Never saw a clean one in the flesh, before!

TheEvilGiraffe

South East - Essex
ClioSport Area Rep
Clean ? It was hanging. Certainly didn't bother cleaning it before CSS lol ! Frayz had the suds out as he got there. Mental dedication haha.

Yes indeed - those wheels are awful but they could be good sprayed matt black with some winter tyres glued on ;)

Herr Flick

aka Herman Ze German
Shame tho, Seems a really nice car and has lots of goodies that even if the engine broke you could make more by breaking it.. Lol.

impreza wagon S2000
Hmmm...I'd be a little alarmed based purely on the "Pro Drive Suspension system" WTF is that and who the fook are Pro Drive?!?! :D

Last edited:
  impreza wagon S2000
[FONT=&quot]Probably the most famous rally prep company in the world and one with very well publicised links to Subaru, including a number of special editions and the only factory authorised power update; Prodrive not Pro Drive...semantics perhaps but he should know that.

But what I'd really like to know is WTF a suspension system is?! Struts, springs, geometry, drop links, ARBs...what does he mean? :)[/FONT]

impreza wagon S2000
nah, I'm a subaru bore...but only learnt stuff through working on mine and others cars so useful knowledge :)

Be interested to hear what he says...then I may be able to tell you if it's BS or not ;)

Herr Flick

aka Herman Ze German
He didn't know why he put that lol. It's just got the PPP suspension on it.

Sounds genuine tbh. He wants more power and he knows the WRX isn't the car for that so he has just bought an EVO.

Going to have a look later. 4 previous owners, 2 keys and lots of receipts/invoices etc.
Will try and get it for £3k. Just wish my bloody V5 would turn up for the ST.

impreza wagon S2000
He didn't know why he put that lol. It's just got the PPP suspension on it.

Sounds genuine tbh. He wants more power and he knows the WRX isn't the car for that so he has just bought an EVO.

Going to have a look later. 4 previous owners, 2 keys and lots of receipts/invoices etc.
Will try and get it for £3k. Just wish my bloody V5 would turn up for the ST.

Hmmm...no such thing a PPP suspension iirc, Prodrive did offer springs though...so still on the origional 113k old struts and other suspension componants?

Herr Flick

aka Herman Ze German
Hmmm...no such thing a PPP suspension iirc, Prodrive did offer springs though...so still on the origional 113k old struts and other suspension componants?
That's what i ment you pedantic fucker. SPRINGS lol. He put them on it beginning of this year. Will have a look later and let you know..