ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

The "Ive taken a pic and I kinda like it" thread

Ay Ay Ron

ClioSport Club Member
Lucky you! Did you spot comet Lovejoy? SHould be just to the right of Orion. Its green but pretty small.
I drove an hour for clear skies. Full on cloud! Get home after standing an hour in the freezing cold and it starts clearing up!

Italian 3.2 V6
That's bad luck Aaron! Nothing worse than travelling and the weather letting you down!! No never spotted that comet, didn't even know about it :(

Scrooge

ClioSport Moderator
  E55 AMG
I like them both, I only ever use torches to light paint too. Seems to do the trick although it always takes me ages to get an image I'm happy with.

E46 M3 182FF & 530i
I like them both, I only ever use torches to light paint too. Seems to do the trick although it always takes me ages to get an image I'm happy with.
Thanks! I know that feeling, normally takes me quite a few attempts although this is only the first few times I've tried it!

Ay Ay Ron

ClioSport Club Member
I really need to invest in a good filter system that will work with ten stop filters. The screw in one is really good on my 10-20 as when you screw it in it doesn't effect the focus. It fits on my 24-105 but you have to be so careful not to knock the focus.

Went on a Sunrise mission this morning. Failed! Manage to scope a few spots for when theres some clear skies again.
This was probably my best shot from today though.

16229571341_ba9cab7451_c.jpg
The cauldron
by A_Cro, on Flickr

Ay Ay Ron

ClioSport Club Member
Have you picked up some aurora? The greens and slight reds? Or do you think that's just the editing process?

Ay Ay Ron

ClioSport Club Member
Hmnn, Looks a bit noisy on the computer (was on the phone earlier). I only asked because some Aurora has been visible in the UK the past couple of weeks. Might just be the editing though like you say.

Haven't posted in here in a long time, been dabbling in light painting recently, starting to get the hang of it, still yet to try some cars though!

16036328787_c8327938c9_c.jpg
Ducati 1098R
by JamieGraham95, on Flickr

16046749821_4306f6db81_c.jpg
Husaberg-1
by JamieGraham95, on Flickr

Really like these, nice work with the light painting.

I really need to invest in a good filter system that will work with ten stop filters. The screw in one is really good on my 10-20 as when you screw it in it doesn't effect the focus. It fits on my 24-105 but you have to be so careful not to knock the focus.

Went on a Sunrise mission this morning. Failed! Manage to scope a few spots for when theres some clear skies again.
This was probably my best shot from today though.

16229571341_ba9cab7451_c.jpg
The cauldron
by A_Cro, on Flickr

I keep thinking about a filter system, just bought another screw on filter tho. I think the screw on ones are just easier to carry about. And a lot cheaper that a good system with the same results if done well.

We need a photo night at some point

Id be up for that.

That bench photo is brilliant!
Second that.

Very nice, id be tempted to try and get rid of the sun at the top. Not sure how, but think it would make it a cleaner looking image.

Ricardos

ClioSport Club Member
  LY 200 EDC
DSC_0323.JPG

Matt_90

ClioSport Club Member
  Sprint/climb 106 gti
Some great work in here chaps, glad to see people are still shooting. I hope to get out and do some landscape work before the wedding season kicks off again but its looking unlikely.

Thought I would share some of my favourite shots from 2014 with you guys - http://www.matthewlawrencephotos.co.uk/journal/

If anyone ever fancies meeting up for doing some stuff around London let me know :)

Yanoo

ClioSport Club Member
  Clio Williams
Thank you. Fortunately there was not so much light pollution (but there were more animals, perhaps wild boars, it was a bit scary). I'm not 100% satisfied with this pic (this is my 1st night shot with the Tokina) but I can see what I have to do better next time.

Ay Ay Ron

ClioSport Club Member
Took this in my back garden tonight. Not the best location but I was cooking and didn't realise the sky was so good.
This was 569 shots with a 5 second interval. Stacked using lighten mode in Starstax and some PP in lightroom.

15645341323_ff08cfaef0_c.jpg
Three/FiftyTwo - Stacked
by A_Cro, on Flickr

Ay Ay Ron

ClioSport Club Member
Cheers, Ben.
I've seen it done a few times recently with very striking results. This was my second attempt and I think it came out alright.

TheEvilGiraffe

South East - Essex
ClioSport Area Rep
What?
Each shot was set on aperture priority at f/2.8 so they were roughly 1/60th of a second exposures.
Left camera running for 47 minutes. Put all into starstax in lighten mode.
Oooh.. OK.
Weird effect.. not really seen anything like that before !
If I'd left my camera in the garden today, it'd have floated off down the road.....

Ay Ay Ron

ClioSport Club Member
Oooh.. OK.
Weird effect.. not really seen anything like that before !
If I'd left my camera in the garden today, it'd have floated off down the road.....
Haha yeah it wasn't as windy today as it has been here.
It's something I've seen before and wanted to have a crack at. It works really well with good colours at sunrise/set.

Have a look on Flickr, there are some brilliant ones.